PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in love-at-first-sight?

Absently
25-07-2012, 03:35 PM
or love-at-first-meeting? Just curious to see whether people think this is possible or not?

In my opinion, I don't think it's possible as to me it would just be lust :P You can't possibly love someone after just meeting them, you would hardly know them. This is especially with love-at-first-sight as that would just be pretty much based on looks.

FlyingJesus
25-07-2012, 03:49 PM
I actually don't see why not. Love isn't a constant and unbreakable feeling, considering the power of the human imagination one could certainly make enough assumptions from a first meeting or even first glance to make themselves believe that there's love involved - that could diffuse or grow as they get to know the person (or if it's a one-off sighting/meeting, as they begin to either forget their existence or romanticise the mystery) but for that single moment people are free to call it whatever they want.

Also there are lots of different types of love obviously, some are considered more "real" but all are valid. This picture is pretty good for the basics of it and how they interact:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3jjw6M5dq1rrtgyjo1_1280.jpg

Inseriousity.
25-07-2012, 05:03 PM
No I don't believe in it, I think you can develop a liking to someone based on how they look but it develops into love later on if contact is established and some relationship is born or evolves into fantasy/lust if it isn't.

chantellehugs
25-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Liking that diagram thing up there ^^
But anyway, I think it depends on what someone classes as 'love'. I'm sure it's different to everyone. Personally I don't believe in love at first sight because to me love is about more than liking the way someone looks, when you first see a person the only thing you'll know is whether you think they're good looking or not.

peteyt
26-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Nah. You can think someone is beautiful but you can never truly love a person you don't really know. There's a great Dan Le Sacs Vs Scroobius pip song called Get Better with the line "They confuse love at first sight with lust at first light" - great song to.

Lewis
26-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Yes, some people do fall in love at first sight, but it does not mean it will work out AT ALL. Its just luck/chance

Jurv
28-07-2012, 09:51 PM
nope. i believe in people having an attraction to someone at first sight but that's as far as it goes in my opinion

lawrawrrr
28-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Sight? no. First meeting? Possibly. I don't think it could just be one meeting and suddenly you're in love with them for the rest of your life, but it's very possible that some people will have a spark when they first meet that never goes away, and love grows from that.

Rixion
28-07-2012, 11:01 PM
more like after the first date, no chance at first-sight because you don't know what they're like, so it'd be a guess..

Fuseless
28-07-2012, 11:08 PM
This is a tough one, i have had two Long relationships, but i couldn't say that it was love at first sight it was more of a spark between that person and myself, so im a bit of both, yes and no

dirrty
28-07-2012, 11:16 PM
well the concept of 'love' isn't fixed, or static between every individual in the world, therefore love at first sight is entirely possible to believe in; especially since it's meaning isn't something that's set in stone. i don't think i could give a definite 'yes' or 'no', because it's not something that will ever have an answer.

Gibs960
29-07-2012, 11:43 AM
No, you have to get to know somebody before you can even say that you like them. Would you say that you're best friends with somebody just from what they look like?

LiquidLuck.
29-07-2012, 07:46 PM
nope. i believe in people having an attraction to someone at first sight but that's as far as it goes in my opinion

Exactly what I would answer. People get attracted to others at first sight if that's the case, if they think someone is hot, cute, sexy, whatever. They fall in love not only by how the person looks like, but by knowing the person and their personality.

CrazyColaist
02-08-2012, 08:08 AM
yea. ever since i met my man ive loved him ever since i saw his eyes. true love is deffo a true ting. nd u dnt av to be in touch of ya emotions 2 feel it either.

Enrq
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
You could mistake Love with like the other person's body, I think love at first sight it's not possible.

Derrener
03-08-2012, 08:17 PM
No I don't believe in it, I think you can develop a liking to someone based on how they look but it develops into love later on if contact is established and some relationship is born or evolves into fantasy/lust if it isn't.

Agreed

Foregetfuhl
05-08-2012, 10:38 AM
To be honest with you, love is based on looks and personality in most peoples opinions, if you like the looks of someone you'll get to know them.. however in some ways this isnt true.. i met a couple of my boyfriends over the internet and we met up in real life and it was more about personality than looks because thats what he said he fell in love with. Quite sweet really :)

iFlame
05-08-2012, 06:26 PM
shocking actually as I do.

Foregetfuhl
05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I think its nice that people believe in love at first sight, I'm never going to make people change their feelings just IMO when i think of love I think of something that gradually happens over time :)

andoo89
06-08-2012, 01:16 AM
not really love more Lust ​at first sight..

Foregetfuhl
06-08-2012, 08:51 AM
not really love more Lust ​at first sight..

Totally agree, if someone is attracted to someone at first sight they will more than likely lust and that could then lead to love <3

Shar
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Lust not love.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!