PDA

View Full Version : New poll in Welcome Lounge

edible
26-07-2012, 12:57 PM
When you load the room it asks you how you use IM. The main interest is whether you use it to ask friends to follow you of if you use it as an alert tool (for example, buying throne)

Fill it out and select the third item if you don't want to lose the current IM system

geo
26-07-2012, 01:00 PM
just about to do it. thanks for posting :)

it would be annoying if they got rid of the IM system

edible
26-07-2012, 01:02 PM

Just saw you talking about Frank Ocean in there haha :P

GoldenMerc
26-07-2012, 01:02 PM
just done it, cheers

geo
26-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Just saw you talking about Frank Ocean in there haha :P

did you, what's your account name? :P

some other girl said something about him hah

Red
26-07-2012, 01:06 PM

I think it was just if they are going to add a follow button to the invite. Juho was doing some designs yesterday.

edible
26-07-2012, 01:06 PM
did you, what's your account name? :P

some other girl said something about him hah
i replied when you said "wheres the habbox guy"

i'm not a guy! :(

Jarkie
26-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Fill the pool out, how you like.. theres no right or wrong answer.

Tom
26-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Surely it won't be too bad if it's removed? Maybe a similar system will be put in place of it (such as invite your friends to the room you're in etc.) as that's really all it's ever used for and I'm not a fan of the spam.

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Surely it won't be too bad if it's removed? Maybe a similar system will be put in place of it (such as invite your friends to the room you're in etc.) as that's really all it's ever used for and I'm not a fan of the spam.

But what about people who are stuck in a room, such as hxhd staff? They might want to chat with people who can't get in, or room designers looking for ideas etc

Tom
26-07-2012, 01:20 PM
But what about people who are stuck in a room, such as hxhd staff? They might want to chat with people who can't get in, or room designers looking for ideas etc

Hmm, that is a fair point. Perhaps the system could be just split then? That way we could just be able to disable 'user room invites' or something?

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Hmm, that is a fair point. Perhaps the system could be just split then? That way we could just be able to disable 'user room invites' or something?

Huh? Split? You mean two separate things or what

Tom
26-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Huh? Split? You mean two separate things or what

Yeah, so like two different systems. One for 'Invite All Users to Room' and one for just IMing. Then also you can disable receiving requests to join the room they're in. If you get me?

Kyle
26-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Yeah, so like two different systems. One for 'Invite All Users to Room' and one for just IMing. Then also you can disable receiving requests to join the room they're in. If you get me?
A lot of unnecessary hassle. Surely it's better to have the two combined as they are...

I always use the IM feature so hope they won't remove it.

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 01:35 PM

I think the disabling idea is a good one but there's already enough systems, as long as they change it so it's a more obvious distinction between invites and normal chat!

Tom
26-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I think the disabling idea is a good one but there's already enough systems, as long as they change it so it's a more obvious distinction between invites and normal chat!

Tbh, thinking about it I actually do like the IM - even though I don't use it I like knowing what everyone's doing and what's going on. KEEPS ME UPDATED ;)

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Tbh, thinking about it I actually do like the IM - even though I don't use it I like knowing what everyone's doing and what's going on. KEEPS ME UPDATED ;)

LOL so you've basically gone back on everything? lalalala..............

I don't usually talk to people on it really, but it's useful for room invites. Well, when I have more than 4 friends on my account (cry)

Tom
26-07-2012, 01:49 PM
LOL so you've basically gone back on everything? lalalala..............

I don't usually talk to people on it really, but it's useful for room invites. Well, when I have more than 4 friends on my account (cry)

The only thing that annoys me about it is the constant flashing because of room invites! :P

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 01:56 PM
The only thing that annoys me about it is the constant flashing because of room invites! :P

That's true... but without events atm it'd be rly difficult to get people to come to rooms

Tom
26-07-2012, 02:03 PM
That's true... but without events atm it'd be rly difficult to get people to come to rooms

It is even with invites anyway? Not many people really check them every minute (I being one) and by the time I do check them it's either finished or it was cancelled due to no-one being there :P

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 02:04 PM
It is even with invites anyway? Not many people really check them every minute (I being one) and by the time I do check them it's either finished or it was cancelled due to no-one being there :P

Yeah but without them it would literally be impossible to even let people know something was going on in your room

Pigperson
26-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Sounds good that they are constantly trying to improve on the IM system.

Will

Tom
26-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah but without them it would literally be impossible to even let people know something was going on in your room

I suppose to, but surely there are other means? E.G. the events system. Perhaps add improvements to that also?

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I suppose to, but surely there are other means? E.G. the events system. Perhaps add improvements to that also?

ok if you actually read my posts you'd realise i mean at the moment, as the events are disabled :P

Tom
26-07-2012, 02:31 PM
ok if you actually read my posts you'd realise i mean at the moment, as the events are disabled :P

Oh, it is? Wow, I should probably start going on Habbo a little more so my knowledge doesn't deplete totally.

lawrawrrr
26-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Oh, it is? Wow, I should probably start going on Habbo a little more so my knowledge doesn't deplete totally.

yeah they took them offline so people would stop making 'come here to hate ch4' rooms etc. Not been enabled again yet, looks like they are coming back eventually though!

Aaron
26-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks for this, must fill out when I'm online. :)

LiquidLuck.
27-07-2012, 12:31 AM
I hate how the console looks now. So so ugly.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!