PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] first alt..

Seikou
27-07-2012, 05:31 PM
okay so i tried to make an alt since i was really bored, please don't laugh at it!!! it's not very good but it is my first attempt and i know a lot of it could be improved, would really appreciate some tips on how to make it better!

http://i.imgur.com/3dezN.png

dbgtz
27-07-2012, 05:52 PM
For a first, not bad at all. However the shades of pink contrast a bit too much I'd say. Furthermore, the pink in her hair seems to not really fit how the hair shading would be as it should all be quite dark. There is also no shading on the pink parts of her arm. Finally, the bracelet and the sleeves do not look like they are going around the arm.

-Nick
27-07-2012, 10:17 PM
I would props do the whole hair pink if anything ;) But it's good for a first attenpt xo

dbgtz
28-07-2012, 12:22 AM
I would props do the whole hair pink if anything ;) But it's good for a first attenpt xo

I'm assuming the hair has been dip dyed.

lawrawrrr
28-07-2012, 12:31 AM
I like the idea of doing dip-dyed hair, but the colours you've chosen are far too bright to fit in. You need to use much more baby-pink colours so it looks like it actually fits in with the 'natural' hair colour. When I do this sorta thing I always cheat and paint the colour on top, then make the layer half-transparent. Totally cheating but it totally works!!

The heart and bracelet are both very flat against the body, whereas it actually points to the side. If you understand what I mean, it needs to be bumped round so it looks diagonal and fits on the body properly. As for the trousers, I can see you've followed the shading on the original ones, however the colours you've used are really contrasting and need a little less difference between them so they blend better to the colour of the trouser.

Anyway enough criticising, I think it's a really good attempt for a first go! Love to see what you come out with next ;)

Samantha
28-07-2012, 12:54 AM
As others have pointed out about various thinks I think its a little too pink, such as the heart, bracelet hair, arms legs. She would be great for race for life. I will say though that you've done shading, when i started i didn't bother lmao.

FartyPants
28-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Everything is good but I think the hair doesn't look natural with the weird colours, and the hair kinda looks too rectangular. Good for your first try though.

,Abbey
28-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Wow i like it! :)

Seikou
29-07-2012, 09:36 AM
thanks everyone and thanks for the cc, i'll take it all into account and possibly change some of this and use your tips for my next alt c:

:odey:
29-07-2012, 07:55 PM
I personally love the OTT pink hair,
Definitely something I would go for.

It's fab for a first alt, the heart on the tshirt doesn't really 'mould round' the body imo,
It's just kind of stuck flat,
But apart from that, it's a fab job!

smithy1997
03-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Dip dyed hair or something?

It's growing on me (liking of it).
+rep

AngusBreez
03-08-2012, 08:42 PM
When you see it first its like Race for Life, but then it starts to looks amazing. Great Job.

LiquidLuck.
05-08-2012, 10:12 PM
The hair looks weird, but I like the shirt :D Well done.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!