PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft 1.3

Explorator
28-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Yah, so i heard that is coming out on the 1st of August. Pretty sweet. If anyone knows about it i think Jeb has added to much in a short period of time?

Just my opinion, i would like to hear yours and i think Jeb could of done a better job and spread the updates out a bit instead of adding it all at one time.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features

Opinions?

-Explorator

PS: My IGN is CrafterSamm if you see me around say hi!

Chris
28-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Isn't the pre-release already out? Anyway the amount of things on the list isn't a bad thing imo.

Explorator
28-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Isn't the pre-release already out? Anyway the amount of things on the list isn't a bad thing imo.

I think they do a pre-release every week, i think they added a little too much and it is quite a shock, if they have released a proper pre-release can you link it to me, i wanna download. I still enjoy it though :3

Chris
28-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Here ya go: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_3/minecraft.jar

Explorator
28-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Here ya go: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_3/minecraft.jar

xxMATTGxx
28-07-2012, 09:54 PM
They do snapshots like every week or so don't they? Then they bring it out as a big update when they have finished for that version.

Explorator
28-07-2012, 09:59 PM
They do snapshots like every week or so don't they? Then they bring it out as a big update when they have finished for that version.

Yep they do, I just think they added a little too much at 1 time. It would be nice if they spread the updates out a bit more, it would feel a bit nicer then and able for you to get used to each update or snapshot!

mrwoooooooo
28-07-2012, 11:20 PM
it isnt just jeb, they have like 6 developers focusing on minecraft now.

Jordan
01-08-2012, 08:01 PM
You know the sand and jungle temples we get in 1.3.1

Is there anything within them that we can get? I'm in a sand one and I can' find anything. I don't know if there is something special within them or just a scene.

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
You know the sand and jungle temples we get in 1.3.1

Is there anything within them that we can get? I'm in a sand one and I can' find anything. I don't know if there is something special within them or just a scene.

Yeah there is :P

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Video that shows what 1.3 is all about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UluJ6-Mdo

smithy1997
01-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Just a question. What is minecraft? :)

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Just a question. What is minecraft? :)

Minecraft is a sandbox construction game, inspired by Infiniminer, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper, created by Markus Persson, the founder of Mojang AB. The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three dimensional environment. The player takes an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations and artwork across the various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes.

There is also different modes to the game such as: survival and creative.

www.minecraft.net & http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

smithy1997
01-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Is it an online game? Free?

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Is it an online game? Free?

Single player and multiplayer and no the game isn't free. The minecraft the majority of people play has a cost, there is a very old version known as the "classic" which is free but it doesn't really reflect on what minecraft is about these days.

smithy1997
01-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Ok thanks for that :)

tylermunjkt
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Any idea when Habbox server will be 1.3??

GommeInc
01-08-2012, 10:18 PM
*snip*
They're way too happy for their own good :P Quite a good intro into what is new. They got one thing wrong though, upside down stairs have been around since 1.2.4 (or whatever the last update was).

xxMATTGxx
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
They're way too happy for their own good :P Quite a good intro into what is new. They got one thing wrong though, upside down stairs have been around since 1.2.4 (or whatever the last update was).

Yeah I think one person mentioned that in the video.

GommeInc
01-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah I think one person mentioned that in the video.
Yep, around the 3 minute mark somewhere. I sort of feel that gold nuggets should of been the currency, but I guess it would be unfair to use them as they were/are easy to get hold of.

Gibs960
01-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Villagers being infected.... Awesome!

Nick
01-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Does this come out today?

GommeInc
01-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Does this come out today?
It's out now :)

Nick
01-08-2012, 11:09 PM
It's out now :)

Oh, awesome :) Will have to play it when i get home

Jordan
01-08-2012, 11:15 PM
I went under the temple I was in and dug for ages and couldn't find anything so I blew the whole thing up :( Anyone know what would be around the temple then?

GommeInc
01-08-2012, 11:19 PM
I went under the temple I was in and dug for ages and couldn't find anything so I blew the whole thing up :( Anyone know what would be around the temple then?
Is it an old map? When the fortress update came in loads of people couldn't find one, and the ender eye just led them to random areas which didn't have anything.

Or only a few temples have treasures?

Jordan
01-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Is it an old map? When the fortress update came in loads of people couldn't find one, and the ender eye just led them to random areas which didn't have anything.

Or only a few temples have treasures?

Being a new member of minecraft I have no idea if the map(server?) I use is old or not, I gather it is to be honest.

Maybe only certain temples do have one shame there was nothing with mine unless I didn't look hard enough!

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 12:00 AM

When you say you blew it up, did you do that on purpose or did it blow up after you did something? If its a desert one, go into it and you should see some coloured wool on the floor. Break them and have a look down.

Jordan
02-08-2012, 12:08 AM
When you say you blew it up, did you do that on purpose or did it blow up after you did something? If its a desert one, go into it and you should see some coloured wool on the floor. Break them and have a look down.

Oh is that it that huge cave under it. When we went there we did just that and dug those coloured wools and adventured down and didn't find anything except some ores. Once we did that we just blew up inside hoping something propped up.

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Oh is that it that huge cave under it. When we went there we did just that and dug those coloured wools and adventured down and didn't find anything except some ores. Once we did that we just blew up inside hoping something propped up.

There's like a drop when you break those wool blocks, down there is some chests with items inside. Although if an item or you hit the pressure plate then it will trigger the TNT to blow up.

If the chests weren't there in the first place, could be just bad luck.

Jordan
02-08-2012, 12:12 AM
There's like a drop when you break those wool blocks, down there is some chests with items inside. Although if an item or you hit the pressure plate then it will trigger the TNT to blow up.

If the chests weren't there in the first place, could be just bad luck.

Damn there was one person there a few minutes before me so he might of got it yet I think he might of told me if he had or not. Might of been bad luck I guess. Will have another look when I find another one and see how that goes. Are the jungle and desert temples the same style or completely different?

xxMATTGxx
02-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Damn there was one person there a few minutes before me so he might of got it yet I think he might of told me if he had or not. Might of been bad luck I guess. Will have another look when I find another one and see how that goes. Are the jungle and desert temples the same style or completely different?

The jungle temples look different and inside them you have to solve a puzzle to be able to get to the chest. The are made out of Cobblestone and Moss Stone.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!