PDA

View Full Version : Whats up!

redtom
30-07-2012, 09:28 AM
I haven't really kept up with this forum lately so what is everyone up to? Any big projects on the go?
Also what would everyone categorised themselves as, I want to see what the balance of designers to coders we have going on here is.

Even if your just lurking drop a post here telling us you're still about! It'll be good to know who's around!

hamheyelliot
31-07-2012, 06:00 PM
I think this is a pretty nice idea for a thread! I know plenty of web minded people around here but don't really know much about what they do. I do know that there's still a talented bunch of people on here though.

I've dropped computing from my AS to A Level transition, which means I'm well and truly not keen on development as it turns out. I've been happily churning through a bit of work for other people this holiday, I'll drop the last few bits I put on Forrst here:

https://forrst-production.s3.amazonaws.com/posts/snaps/147701/original.png?1343756706

https://forrst-production.s3.amazonaws.com/posts/snaps/146382/original.png?1342112269

https://forrst-production.s3.amazonaws.com/posts/snaps/142568/original.png?1338071589

Zuth
31-07-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm currently getting a site made, hopefully will be a nice project for me to work on and hopefully get it big (Its nearly ready) although I can code HTML CSS and all that jazz :)

GoldenMerc
31-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Just got the SMStoPayPal system created, next is the vBulletin plugins ready for release.

Repair
31-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Still trying to work on my design skills. Still not good :D

Dentafrice
07-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Hey man! How have you been?

I'm still busy developing these days. Working with Ruby on Rails primarily though, compared to my previous years of PHP although I still do use it occasionally for side projects!

I miss the 56ers! We used to have an awesome forum here.

Jack!
07-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Just got the SMStoPayPal system created, next is the vBulletin plugins ready for release.

You working on that again? Did you buy it back from that stupid kid?

I'm still here, I don't do much web development work anymore, I still do the odd PHP System for anyone that may contact me, but that's about it really, I do have a good idea I would like to start work on, but its just having the time.

AsFastAsYou
07-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Nothing really wanting to get back into coding & start designing, its just finding time to.

GoldenMerc
07-08-2012, 12:46 PM
You working on that again? Did you buy it back from that stupid kid?

I'm still here, I don't do much web development work anymore, I still do the odd PHP System for anyone that may contact me, but that's about it really, I do have a good idea I would like to start work on, but its just having the time.
Yeh long struggle, we own the domains;
SMS2PayPal
SMStoPayPal
SMSPaymentSolutions

All .com's
We recently registered ourself as a business, to avoid confrontation with PayPal we trade under the name SMS Payment Solutions Limited.
We are struggling getting a vBulletin developer who has skill, or understands the concept mind.
Ross

Jack!
07-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeh long struggle, we own the domains;
SMS2PayPal
SMStoPayPal
SMSPaymentSolutions

All .com's
We recently registered ourself as a business, to avoid confrontation with PayPal we trade under the name SMS Payment Solutions Limited.
We are struggling getting a vBulletin developer who has skill, or understands the concept mind.
Ross

What was the reason Paypal shut you down before? They thought it was a scam, right?

You trying to make the vB Plugin, so basically it works on vB boards, without going to the site?

GoldenMerc
07-08-2012, 02:22 PM
What was the reason Paypal shut you down before? They thought it was a scam, right?

You trying to make the vB Plugin, so basically it works on vB boards, without going to the site?

PayPal got word that someone before was doing something using their trade marked name, so they got enom or someone to shut the url down. Once confirmed that PayPal allowed us the domain, we got it back :)

In a way, it will work how the PayPal gateway works with vBulletin, so automatically do permissions etc =]

triston220
07-08-2012, 07:26 PM
@Golden, that's quite a nice idea. I take it you have some sort of API?

GoldenMerc
07-08-2012, 10:35 PM
@Golden, that's quite a nice idea. I take it you have some sort of API?

Yeh we work through ImpulsePay's API system & PayPal's development system. All plans out nicely we should be good.

Jack!
08-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeh we work through ImpulsePay's API system & PayPal's development system. All plans out nicely we should be good.

What are the rates like? Looks like Impulse takes a big chunk, Will it be something like pay £10 get £7? Or? I know Impulse takes 25% (!!!!!!!!!)

Best of luck again!

GoldenMerc
08-08-2012, 12:48 PM
What are the rates like? Looks like Impulse takes a big chunk, Will it be something like pay £10 get £7? Or? I know Impulse takes 25% (!!!!!!!!!)

Best of luck again!

Rates arnt much of them, we take a small minority. ImpulsePay to promise to drop rates as soon as we make some nice dosh for them, thus we will also drop

Pegle
08-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Improving my coding because i'd like to learn one of the C languages.

Slopure
09-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello,

Im working on my site aka coding it! www.viewhabbo.com ... Im very good at coding PHP, HTML, and CSS, im ok with javascript. I am a coder and not a Designer LOL, i cant design if i tryed!

If you ever wanna ask questions or and need help coding you can PM anytime!

Thanks,
Gumy15

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!