PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story

GommeInc
30-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if you've seen this new game in development

Castle Story, by Sauropod Studio (http://www.sauropodstudio.com/)

It looks to be a good game once it's completed.

Basically, you control a handful of yellow minions who build and protect your castle. It reminds me what Minecraft was like when that was in early development - full of potential and each new development was more exciting than the first.

A friend directed me to their KickStarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/902505202/castle-story) page (a website which helps developers "kick start" their projects by allowing oridinary people to fund them - a more personal and direct involvement in comparison to companies that just go for it).

They beat their $80,000 target in just under 5 hours, and those who donate $15 get a copy of the game and a go with the BETA, and those who donate $25 get to play with the prototype at the end of August. So if you're interest it's well worth contributing, or you could just wait until the finished product is released.

It seems like something we could all be interested in, as it does look like a really promising game and as far as I am aware there is a multiplayer aspect to the game, where you can collobate or beat the snot out of each other.

All interesting information is in the first link.

CrazyLemurs
31-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Just about to donate $15, this looks absolutely amazing!!!

David
04-08-2012, 01:24 AM
so basically its a real time strategy based on minecraft ?
it could be fun to play

GommeInc
04-08-2012, 03:24 PM
so basically its a real time strategy based on minecraft ?
it could be fun to play
It's not really based on Minecraft. It has similarities like the baddies that seem to come out at night and you mine blocks, but other than that it's a strategy game.

An email update has gone around to all those who have pledged or signed up saying they hope to get it done before mid-October.

mrwoooooooo
04-08-2012, 04:04 PM
i saw it when notch tweeted about it. looks good :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!