PDA

View Full Version : Your Ghost Story

Lewis
02-08-2012, 10:39 PM
This thread is to discuss YOUR and FAMILY/FRIENDS ghost story.

This is not to troll and say "lol yar a bunch of idiots ghsts dnt exist!!!" or "I don't have a ghost story" "I don't believe in ghosts" This is meant for discussing other peoples ghost stories, nothing else.

No, please don't post stuff like that. This is just to discuss any ghost stories you are related to, you can reply to them and even give reasons why it might not be a ghost or whatever. Just don't troll. And don't make things up thx!

David
03-08-2012, 12:49 AM
i dont think anyone can claim for sure they've seen a ghost or live with one i think it's really just odd experiences and making assumptions off that when your mind runs off, im not saying they do or dont exist though.

ive caught a few odd things at the corner of my eye in my house. ive seen glimpses of something/one sitting in the arm chair in my living room, as much as anyone would see it looked like a man wearing a top hat.

my cats act weird too, they stare at random things with those wide eyes.

Stephen
03-08-2012, 12:51 AM
i was sitting at the computer one night and then this small ghost with red eyes and dead looking hands came flying towards me above my computer

Eric
03-08-2012, 07:45 AM
my dad told me that he saw a girl with white dress from afar my grandma's house few years ago, maybe he's drunk or something idk

i've never seen a ghost myself cause i believe they dont exist

Jordan
03-08-2012, 09:27 AM
My brother said once when he was younger he saw his grandad sitting in a chair in the corner of his bedroom once and he just stopped and stood there staring at him. Sounds well creepy.

smithy1997
03-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Things go missing in my house, a few weeks later when you have a new one it appears again in the most random-est position (middle of the hallway)

MKR&*42
03-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Never seen one and I doubt their existence. I'm not 100% against the idea, but I'm very sceptical upon it.

I have read some freaky "True" ghost stories a few years ago though, scared me so much :(. Can't remember any of them now though haha.

geo
03-08-2012, 10:47 AM
around my area at the fire station, people claim there's a ghost that used to live there and they've seen the ghost (apparently an old woman) just standing at the window. i've never seen it so it's hardly mine, but that's the only one i've heard from people that are close to me.

i don't really know what i believe with ghosts and stuff, it's not something i think too much about. i hate ghost stories though lol they freak me the hell out.

dbgtz
03-08-2012, 11:15 AM
The weirdest thing to happen to me is when I was home alone, it was quite late at night and I heard this rather loud scream from downstairs yet nobody was in.

geo
03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
The weirdest thing to happen to me is when I was home alone, it was quite late at night and I heard this rather loud scream from downstairs yet nobody was in.

That would have freaked me out so much lol. When I'm home alone and hear like doors shutting I get really worried. Usually it's just my neighbours I can hear.

Stephen
03-08-2012, 04:09 PM
hearing voices that aren't there sounds more on the psychotic side than the ghostly encounter side

Lewis
03-08-2012, 06:17 PM
My ghost story. I know a lot of you won't believe me, but hey. I don't lie.

I was sitting on my laptop, my laptop was muted. Tom and Jerry was on the TV (Mute Cartoon) and the radio was on 'Eye of The Tiger' and the neighbours that are joint to my house were on holiday. I couldn't see anyone outside but either way, I knew for a fact it wasn't anyone outside.

I was sitting on my laptop and then I just heard a voice right at my ear. It said Louie, that was my nickname that my Gran called me... I knew it was a female voice and I knew for a fact it sounded like my gran when she had a stuffed nose and a cold. I'm not making this up or imagining things and it couldnt have been my laptop/tv/radio plus it was right at my ear! Just Louie. No one else was in the house, I was basically froze until five minutes later a family member came in.

THIS IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

Smurfed-
03-08-2012, 10:50 PM
omg reading all of these have actually creeped me out a little. I'm not sure if I was dreaming or not but I remember being home alone one night and a lamp I know I unplugged turned on downstairs, I got really freaked out especially as no one was in. Plus the only light on in the house was my bedroom light. This was only a few weeks ago.

chantellehugs
04-08-2012, 01:10 AM
I remember walking past my living room door when I was younger and out the corner of my eye I saw someone standing in the middle of the room and thought it was my mum. Only it turned out she was in the kitchen and when I went back to the living room it was empty.
I'm quite skeptical though, I only ever seem to have these experiences if someone's been telling me about ghosts and spooky things. Therefore I've reached the conclusion that because I've been creeped out earlier during the day, I deem perfectly ordinary things/events to be the work of ghostly going-ons. However the experience I had above was out of the blue, trick of the light perhaps.

Absently
07-08-2012, 07:33 PM
I dunno if I believe any of it now, but back then yeah. My house is REALLY old and I remember one time I was in the kitchen grabbing some food. I was probably about 8 or 9 at the time, not too sure. Anyway, when I turned around, I could see a woman in victorian clothes standing at the cooker. I **** my pants and ran from the room, I can still remember it to this day, but I'm not sure if what I saw was real or not, may have been my young mind playing tricks on me :P Another time, which I can't remember, but my mother has told me that while walking on the stairs somebody walked past me. Oh and this used to happen frequently, my room was next door to our upstairs sitting room and I could always hear running the floor boards creaking as if someone was running along on them. This was while everyone was in bed, so perhaps someone was pretending to be in bed when they weren't :P

Empired
07-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I saw my Granddad (who had recently commit suicide using some kind of drugs) standing right in front of me with red dots all over him like laser points. Thinking back, I can't work out if it was real (don't really believe it tbh lol) or if I fell asleep on a sofa by accident 'cause I was really tired that day 'cause I'd just got back from a sleepover.

Jurv
07-08-2012, 08:10 PM
all of my ghost experiences have been whilst i've been dreaming. i've never experienced anything whilst i've been awake, haha. i don't know whether i believe in any of it either, i'm quite open minded about it at the moment. i believe that most of the ghost stories you hear about or see on the tv are fake but that's not to say that they don't exist at all.

Paige.
07-08-2012, 08:50 PM
i've always been very sceptical about this sort of thing but i've experienced things that i can't get my head around.
in my old house, a lot of weird things happened but two things happened that i will never forget and still remain freaked out about.
i got an apple from downstairs and cored it (took the middle out) and then went back upstairs. i put the apple on my bedside table and then went to the toilet which was next to my bedroom. my brother was in his room which was the other side of the bathroom and my mum was downstairs in the living room which was the other side of the house. i've never liked being in a room with the door completely shut so the bathroom door was open a fraction and the toilet was in a position where i could see out of the door. i then went back to my room, only to find that the apple was now on the floor in my doorway. i immediately froze. i stood staring back and forth from the apple to where i had placed it. my bedside table was the other side of the room and the apple was upright, just as i had placed it on the bedside table. i shouted my brother and asked him if he had gone into my room even though i knew he hadn't because i would've seen him and heard him go past the bathroom to get to my room, he said no. the apple couldn't of rolled off because the bottom of the apple was near enough flat because i had cored it and i would've heard it roll off and it wouldn't of rolled to the other side of the room only to end up in the middle of my doorway, upright. it was as if someone had picked it up and placed it there. it felt like i had been staring at it for ages, trying to get my head around it but i couldn't move, i think i was just in shock idk. eventually, i picked the apple up. there was a small bit of the apple missing, as if it had been bitten. i could not believe my eyes and i dropped the apple and ran downstairs to my mum. i will never forget that and cannot get my head around it. even to this day it freaks me out but i can remember it clear as day.

one night i was woken up by the sound of my brother crying. my mum came up and went into his room to see if he was alright. she calmed him down and did whatever she did until he fell asleep. at this point, i was sitting a little bit upright for some reason idk why. mum walked through the landing to my room and asked if i was okay. just as she was walking away, she had only walked a couple of steps, i heard the most terrifying noise i had ever heard. it sounded like it was right beneath me, as if it came from under my bed. i can't really explain it but to this day i still feel weird thinking about it. it was a sort of growl but it was deep and loud. idk how to explain it but i feel weird right now thinking about it. a cold sweat spread over my body, i was frozen. i suddenly realised that mum had stopped walking because the sound of her footsteps stopped as soon as i heard the noise. i said ''mum'', my voice was quite croaky and it felt hard to get any words out, probably because i was frozen with fright. mum slowly came back to my doorway. i will never forget the look on her face. i quickly asked her if she had heard that and she looked at me for a bit and then hesitantly said no... and she was suddenly eager to go downstairs. i begged her to look under my bed but she quickly said no don't be silly and went downstairs. i just sat upright, frozen, for what felt like hours and eventually, i slowly slipped under my duvet cover and covered my head but i can remember that i still didn't go to sleep for ages but i must've fell asleep eventually.
my mum and i spoke about this not long ago actually and she admitted to me that she did hear something. she apologised for leaving me up there on my own haha.

quite frequently, in the mornings mum would ask us if we had gotten up in the night and walked along the hallway. she told us that she heard the sound of someone walking along the hallway most nights and most of the time she would come upstairs and check on us and find that we were both asleep. this could be her just hearing things but i've always thought that it's weird that she heard it frequently and was convinced enough that she had to come and check on us to see if it was us and i must admit i did hear the sound of someone walking outside my room a few times but thought not much of it, accept after the two things above happened, i started to think differently of the little things.
a lot of things went missing in our old house. they would always appear in the weirdest of places. for example, my school form captain badge went missing (i always put it in the same place) and i found it about two weeks later in the downstairs bathroom, under the sink.
my mum's boyfriend at the time had an obsession for transformers and kept some of his little badges and transformers and things on a shelf in their room. quite often mum and jay would find one of the items on the floor on the other side of the room at the end of the bed and they would always ask one another and me and kai if we had been in there and moved them but none of us never had, i mean why would we?
jay claims that he saw a little boy at the end of their bed one night. he thought it was my brother and told him to go back to bed. obviously that could just be him seeing things but he was really convinced that he thought it was kai.
as i said, i've always been sceptical but a big part of me really believes in ghosts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!