PDA

View Full Version : what music.......

:.justben.:
04-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Hey im looking into buying alot of music that other people like as i want to be a dj (i have a registered sam2) can you guys maybe suggest a 1 or more songs to get even if dirty i can clean them my self!

Jurv
04-08-2012, 12:59 AM
well if you're becoming a dj i'd recommend anything in the charts. take a look at some of the songs/artists here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles

as well as that, get some other popular artists like katy perry, lady gaga, adele, rihanna. can't go wrong with those really!

David
04-08-2012, 01:04 AM
rock
classic rock
other rock

TMaterazzi
04-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Well I heard a lot dubstep, it's good music and if you find two compatible songs to mix, you can do it easy and it will be a good mix! Three weeks ago I made a mix of two songs. Maybe I will post it later! See Ya! :D

Fuseless
04-08-2012, 12:44 PM
when i use to be a DJ this was my favourite song to play :) People use to love it and i still do! anything dance/drum and base/chart music are all good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxSxsD7FQa0

:.justben.:
04-08-2012, 09:03 PM
haha thanks guys!

MKR&*42
04-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Alongside the charts Cameron has posted up there, I'd recommend expanding to international charts as well (jus to see what else is popular around the world yeah :o). Although I wouldn't go crazy with it considering chart music is overplayed so much on hxl apparently. And if you play Call Me Maybe I will never like you =/.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100#/charts/hot-100<American Charts
http://www.billboard.com/charts/social-50#/charts/social-50 < Most discussed musicians across the internet (updated weekly i believe) so find some of their latest songs.
http://www.billboard.com/charts/canadian-hot-100< Canadian Charts

I cba to find the Australian ones, I'm so laggy right now. But a google should get you there yeah. Imo, I'm stuck in the 2010 and before stage (Very few songs I've liked this year. I think Picking up the pieces, Princess of China, Wide Awake are the only really strong ones). But my favourite musicians would be Blondie or Evanescence :P

Futz
04-08-2012, 09:18 PM
it's the 21st century brah, we dont buy music anymore

Plebings
04-08-2012, 09:19 PM
billboard charts are so weird. they are so slow with new songs.

MKR&*42
04-08-2012, 09:21 PM
billboard charts are so weird. they are so slow with new songs.

Ikr lol! Canadian ones especially xD

Plebings
04-08-2012, 09:24 PM
i see cher lloyd at #12, you should play lots of her pls.

MKR&*42
04-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Omg really LOL wow ok. Yes maybe you shouldn't follow the intl charts unless you see some singer in there that hasn't been popular over here ye and just see what they sound like.

Idek anymore. I'm just shocked cher lloyd is still in there, wasn't her last song out months and months ago? :L

Plebings
04-08-2012, 09:51 PM
was only released in usa quite recently, but billboard is based on radio plays as well as sales which is rather unfair, i mean imagine if our charts was also based on radio play, have you listened to the variety capital fm plays? and they have like.. 20 stations around the uk? they get paid to play certain songs they also have their own roster of acts on their own label, only reason people know stuff like the wanted and cover drive is because capital have the ability to repeat the same song every hour.

down with capital fm.

anyway.. since it's also based on radio play, the charts become incredibly slow and hard to break into, so the radios play only established music they know will be a hit to get more listeners, songs chart because radio plays them a lot, radio sees their high position and keeps playing because they know it's popular as it's in the chart, repeat from songs chart because radio plays them a lot. i know most people in the uk hate the current state of music, but clearly we're in a better position since our best selling song of 2012 isn't sexy and i know it, thankfully.

MKR&*42
04-08-2012, 09:56 PM
was only released in usa quite recently, but billboard is based on radio plays as well as sales which is rather unfair, i mean imagine if our charts was also based on radio play, have you listened to the variety capital fm plays? and they have like.. 20 stations around the uk? they get paid to play certain songs they also have their own roster of acts on their own label, only reason people know stuff like the wanted and cover drive is because capital have the ability to repeat the same song every hour.

down with capital fm.

anyway.. since it's also based on radio play, the charts become incredibly slow and hard to break into, so the radios play only established music they know will be a hit to get more listeners, songs chart because radio plays them a lot, radio sees their high position and keeps playing because they know it's popular as it's in the chart, repeat from songs chart because radio plays them a lot. i know most people in the uk hate the current state of music, but clearly we're in a better position since our best selling song of 2012 isn't sexy and i know it, thankfully.

Never listened to capital fm haha. But most radio stations I have to endure at work (8 hrs of rubbish music a day... fun) are playing the same song every hour like you said lol. I think i have to endure "Call Me Maybe" 4 times a ******** day. If it's based on radio plays, why on Earth haven't they realised after so long that they need to change it... or are they literally just being stubborn about it haha. Suppose it must benefit artists over there greatly though if they manage to remain in the top 100 for so long purely because of radio play.

LiquidLuck.
04-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Search ''radio songs list'' :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!