PDA

View Full Version : Euromillions

Andys
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Just been down to put the Euromillions and it got me thinking - if you won the jackpot (tonight's is £148 million) would you tell anyone?

I would obviously tell my family (parents and brother, and probably my grandad too) but no-one else. I guess I'd also be pretty modest with the money, not spending it on the likes of a Ferrari etc. as that would be a huge give away, and just go for something in between expensive and cheap!

What would you do?

Empired
10-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't tell anybody. Including my family because I know they would take advantage and just go around buying ridiculously expensive cars and posh estates. I would pay for myself to go to university, have a normal car, a smallish house ('cause there's only going to be me in it, I don't need a big house) and live a comfortable but not extravagant life. I would invest half of it, donate quite a bit to charity and keep the rest for present use on myself.

If it was "only" £1million, I don't think I'd donate much to charity. £1million doesn't actually get you that far in England anymore :P but £148million is waaaaay too much for one person and I'd start going crazy and buying stuff I don't even know the name of left, right and center.

I don't think that many people would actually donate to charity. I have plenty of friends who say that they'd give every last penny away, but I know perfectly well that if they were ever to win the lottery, they'd keep it all to themselves.

FlyingJesus
10-08-2012, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't go public with interviews and things lol don't think that would be a good idea at all, but yeah I'd tell those who are close to me and of course buy Habbox and bring it back to its former glory... no point having that money if you're not going to enjoy it

Andys
10-08-2012, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't go public with interviews and things lol don't think that would be a good idea at all, but yeah I'd tell those who are close to me and of course buy Habbox and bring it back to its former glory... no point having that money if you're not going to enjoy it

Really though? If you told friends who you are close to, chances are something that big would eventually get out and everyone would know. You'd never be able to live a normal life anymore.

FlyingJesus
10-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Why would I want to live a normal life if I had several million quid? And it wouldn't be like I'd have paps following me all the time lol money isn't the same as fame

Andys
10-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Why would I want to live a normal life if I had several million quid? And it wouldn't be like I'd have paps following me all the time lol money isn't the same as fame

No but some "friends" would change around you. That would be the worst part for me, people who you are friends with treating you differently.
Plus have you not heard about all of these people who've won the lottery and get begging letters through their door everyday? :P

mrwoooooooo
10-08-2012, 07:03 PM
not go public, tell family + close friends blah blah, they wouldn't have any need to go to papers cause they'd get a lot from the winnings

and http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=754065

FlyingJesus
10-08-2012, 07:11 PM
No but some "friends" would change around you. That would be the worst part for me, people who you are friends with treating you differently.
Plus have you not heard about all of these people who've won the lottery and get begging letters through their door everyday? :P

I'll buy better friends!

Andys
10-08-2012, 07:21 PM
not go public, tell family + close friends blah blah, they wouldn't have any need to go to papers cause they'd get a lot from the winnings

and http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=754065
That thread is asking what you'd buy, this thread is asking if you'd go public. :)

Munex
10-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I've always said I'll stay private; I'd only tell close family. I might be really tempted to tell some people from school, just to rub it in their faces.

Futz
10-08-2012, 08:09 PM
If I won I wouldn't tell anyone until the money was in my bank then I'd give my family some to shut them up and then move somewhere into a big house with my 7 friends and just enjoy life!

peteyt
11-08-2012, 08:21 AM
I heard some lotteries, maybe not over here, made you go public as part of the deal

GoldenMerc
11-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't want to tell anyone but i would, plus the first thing id buy would be a lamboghini haha

mrwoooooooo
11-08-2012, 10:52 AM
right, did anyone from hxf win last night?

Maatt.
11-08-2012, 11:37 AM
I HAVE HAD THIS PLANNED FOR YEARS.

I win the lottery, and tell no one but my parents,
I wait 2-3 months, and then tell people I won, but not the jackpot, only 400,000 pounds or something.
Then i set off and do stuff with the money people think i have..

LiquidLuck.
11-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I'd only tell my parents as well. I'd use part of it to keep my family pretty relaxed with money even in this crise, and then I'd same the rest for the future :P Or any really special situation where it was extremely needed.

Oleh
12-08-2012, 12:32 AM
I'd tell family and close friends. I'd even go as far as splitting £1,000,000 with friends and family. I did have a plan what I would do which included purchasing a hotel and moving my immediate family and my close friends' immediate family in.

I wouldn't tell anybody in my village, because the other month this bloke who runs the local construction company, got raided by two shot gun wielding masked men, so I wouldn't dare even say I had 100 grand.

GommeInc
12-08-2012, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't allow Camelot/Lottery HQ (whatever they call themselves) to tell the world who I am. I would tell close friends and family, who would hear the screams of ectasy which should be a huge hint anyway.

Spoiler contains irrelevant stuff that people seem to be saying anyway:

I would pay to have the family home renovated, buy my brother the house for sale behind this house (£612,988.00), buy the land which is being sold seperately to that house and give the neighbours some of it (as they have expressed interest but don't want to pay the OTT price) and probably take that trip to Venice, Bruge and Amsterdam I've been planning. Oh, and help my brother open his dream business.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!