PDA

View Full Version : Full Guardian system is here!

Meanies
13-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I just got a bully request come through, so I guess the maintenance earlier was to enable it!

I didn't realise you can scroll through the chatlogs when I got it, so I judged it on the first 3 messages lol, was thinking it wasn't much to go on!

http://i49.tinypic.com/wvphxi.png

Volunteer
13-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Same! Woo!

Toilet
13-08-2012, 12:28 PM
You need to scroll through and find "Perpetrator" and base it on what they said.

santa-my-nana
13-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Im glad its out

Now i have to work up the talent tree more :)

Tidings
13-08-2012, 12:48 PM
theres a few bugs with this..

tm
13-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Seems like there's too much chat log for people to bother reading to me. Yet if it was too short then you'd be looking at 'not enough evidence'. System as it is can't work imho.

Dean
13-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Seems interesting

Jarkie
13-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Wooo at last! :)

Okeanos
13-08-2012, 01:29 PM
i dont like it... as expected

Shorty
13-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Not bad, it was funny.. I was talking to Abdicators saying watch me get banned as Guardians come out and I did. ;<

LiquidLuck.
13-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Seems really cool :D

iFlame
13-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Looks really good to be honest :]

GoldenMerc
13-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I dunno, still looks like it can be abused uh

the.games
13-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Its really good. There arn't many at the moment either so you get jobs every few minutes.

Jon
13-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah its rather interesting, also interesting how some other guardians are voting and whatnot.

As Ryan says, few guardians mean lots of calls right now ! :D

Red
13-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Absolutley awful! This power shouldn't be given out willy nilly. It's literally so easy to become a guardian and people have abused it to get to that stage.
I got one bully call and all the user said was 'go away' and the majority of the people voted it was bad? Now that poor person is probably going to get a mute. Got another call and I recognised the people in the chat log. It's a joke.

Jon
13-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Thats a point i was going to bring up now ive had a few calls Red.
Too many people are giving what i'd say is a silly verdict, voting bad for people having normal conversations is just stupid.. yet its happening too often already!

Red
13-08-2012, 03:16 PM
This isn't fair at all. So many people are going to be getting false mutes etc. I will actually be bloody raging if some ***** vote something innocent as bullying for me. If I could recognise people from my friend list, then other people will too. Then depending on my like/dislike for that person I could vote an answer that they didn't deserve.

Dean
13-08-2012, 03:56 PM
I've taken part in 3-4 bully reports now and they all seem fair to me Red;

cameron354
13-08-2012, 03:59 PM
It seems to be going well in my opinion, the other guardians seem to have voted fairly in the requests I've handled. There's a new post on http://blog.habbo.com on the Guardian system.

Red
13-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I've had 3 unfair verdicts so far dean

Pigperson
13-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Looks interesting, how does it work though :S

Will

MKR&*42
13-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Absolutley awful! This power shouldn't be given out willy nilly. It's literally so easy to become a guardian and people have abused it to get to that stage.
I got one bully call and all the user said was 'go away' and the majority of the people voted it was bad? Now that poor person is probably going to get a mute. Got another call and I recognised the people in the chat log. It's a joke.

This^

!) I don't know why people are complaining about how long chatlogs are, you need them to see the whole story lol. Otherwise it'll probably be how the mods these days seem to do it (spot a word and then ban :rolleyes:) - sarcasm fgs. It may not be interesting to read through it all but it wouldn't be that hard to spot a username
2) Why the **** has everyone had the chance to get it. I know a large majority are going to give honest votes, but the Habbo Helper system got trolled so much and this will be abused just as much. Poor users who have done nothing wrong (e.g. in Red's case said "shut up") are going to be punished if a load of insanely strict Guardians come along all on one case. Like the Safety Patrol but even worse. People will be punished for saying "crap" at this rate tbf.
3) It looks nice and modern, it's genuinely a good look and well designed but it shouldn't be just given out left right and centre to those that can earn a few 'achievements' now and then.

Paul LaFontaine has seriously brought me to the brink of rage. Yes I know someone will say "excuse me you all wanted something like Hobbas back!"!!"!£!" and we did, but an introductory system like this is just stupid. Another reason why I'm not active on the hotel that much anymore lol.

Dean
13-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Looks interesting, how does it work though :S

Will

You report someone for bullying and then 5 Guardian's pick up the call, review the chat log in 60 seconds and then decide if the user is acting OK, Bad or Severe. OK = no worries, Bad = 15 minute mute and room ban, Severe = sent to moderators.

Kittysoft
13-08-2012, 04:13 PM
5 Guardians receive an anonymised chat log, with the reported user marked as "Perpetrator". They then decide whether they thought the actions of the perpetrator was OK, Bad or Severe.

If the majority of Guardians vote OK, no action is taken, if they vote Bad, then the perpetrator is muted for 15 mins and is banned from the room they were reported in, if they vote Severe, and a Moderator looks at the case and decides what action to take.

it's all explained here: http://blog.habbo.com/2012/08/13/currently-piloting-habbo-guardians/

Dean
13-08-2012, 04:16 PM
This^

!) I don't know why people are complaining about how long chatlogs are, you need them to see the whole story lol. Otherwise it'll probably be how the mods these days seem to do it (spot a word and then ban :rolleyes:) - sarcasm fgs. It may not be interesting to read through it all but it wouldn't be that hard to spot a username
2) Why the **** has everyone had the chance to get it. I know a large majority are going to give honest votes, but the Habbo Helper system got trolled so much and this will be abused just as much. Poor users who have done nothing wrong (e.g. in Red's case said "shut up") are going to be punished if a load of insanely strict Guardians come along all on one case. Like the Safety Patrol but even worse. People will be punished for saying "crap" at this rate tbf.
3) It looks nice and modern, it's genuinely a good look and well designed but it shouldn't be just given out left right and centre to those that can earn a few 'achievements' now and then.

Paul LaFontaine has seriously brought me to the brink of rage. Yes I know someone will say "excuse me you all wanted something like Hobbas back!"!!"!£!" and we did, but an introductory system like this is just stupid. Another reason why I'm not active on the hotel that much anymore lol.

I think it works well! Obviously you will get abuse with a system like this but I think it'll work if they make "Guardian" level tighter than what it is. Maybe a flag system as well if you abuse xx amount of times then you get removed for xx amount of time.

MKR&*42
13-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I think it works well! Obviously you will get abuse with a system like this but I think it'll work if they make "Guardian" level tighter than what it is. Maybe a flag system as well if you abuse xx amount of times then you get removed for xx amount of time.

The bold bit is supposedly meant to happen. Says on the blog abusers will get temp. removed. Trouble is, once they go back in they can just **** about with the system again. Not to mention different ages have a different level of opinion upon "abuse", a 13 year old may find "omg you're so crap at this bb game" offense whereas a 16 year old wouldn't tbh. I would have dramatically fell in love with it if there had been an age limit but then again, hard to prove your age :L

Not to mention I'm incredibly opposed to it being earnt simply via achievements. Everything is ach. based and I dislike it =/ is there any other stage after guardians or not for now?

Volunteer
13-08-2012, 04:23 PM
If you falsely report someone (ie. the vote is all "OK"), then the person that reported will get a "dont abuse the system" warning and a few times after, you are prevented from reporting a bully for a short amount of time.

---------- Post added 13-08-2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

Let's hope the last "TBD" stage is more difficult.

j0rd
13-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Need to earn 12 more recommendations and handle 45 more help requests, this is time consuming!

TonyBest
13-08-2012, 04:33 PM
For those interested, Here is an official blog post explaining how the Habbo Guardian system works.

http://blog.habbo.com/2012/08/13/currently-piloting-habbo-guardians/

Pigperson
13-08-2012, 05:04 PM
You report someone for bullying and then 5 Guardian's pick up the call, review the chat log in 60 seconds and then decide if the user is acting OK, Bad or Severe. OK = no worries, Bad = 15 minute mute and room ban, Severe = sent to moderators.

Wow how do you become a guardian? Tbh I think this is far too much responsibility for normal users :S

Will

Kittysoft
13-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Wow how do you become a guardian? Tbh I think this is far too much responsibility for normal users :S

Will

Complete all the things in the Talents section up to the Novice Guardian section.

Pigperson
13-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Complete all the things in the Talents section up to the Novice Guardian section.

How do you be on duty now because I can't find the normal button under Me.

Will

Dean
13-08-2012, 05:09 PM
How do you be on duty now because I can't find the normal button under Me.

Will

You have to be in the Habbo Helpers group

GommeInc
13-08-2012, 05:12 PM
The system looks nice, but give it a couple of weeks/months and it would probably be abused, much like the eXpert system - though this might end up worse seeing as anyone can be a Guardian. It just seems like an excuse to not get proper moderation in to do the work, relying on brown nosing users to do most of it. It also seems like it will delay proper disciplinary action if 5 have to be chosen, and Guardians can decline the report. Can users who report a bully have their report sent straight to a moderator, or do they have to rely on untrained users to make the decisions?

Jon
13-08-2012, 05:32 PM
The other flaw ive found is that although we require normal help and tour calls for our progression, i think ive had one in five hours. It appears guardians are getting next to no requests of the above!

Edit// Just had a brain wave- it would be good if Habbo implemented a system where you would have a few test guardian cases to "pass" which would show that you have the required knowledge/common sense to be allowed free with the buttons. But we know that wont happen, or if it was it would be ridiculously dumbed down.

Pigperson
13-08-2012, 05:43 PM
You have to be in the Habbo Helpers group

Oh OK thanks, I left it when it was removed. I'll have to rejoin :)

Will

Ribbonaire
13-08-2012, 06:12 PM
It's stupid, imo. Everytime I try to report somebody I get claimed for abusing it when it was outright bullying? haha, again, mods trying to be lazy.

Hiding
13-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Looks great! Finally its here though.

Catchy
13-08-2012, 11:16 PM
It looks okay but the system is obviously flawed as Red; said, people are obviously going to abuse the system like they have with all systems. I don't like the fact kids can see my chat logs if someone were to report me, even if it is anonymous... Still don't like the idea.

Imo they'd be no reason for all this ridiculous 'guardian system' if they employed English mods who can differentiate between various contexts.

Toilet
13-08-2012, 11:53 PM
A button to send the report to moderators instead is probably a good idea because I've seen a few sexually explicit & scam reports.

GommeInc
13-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Imo they'd be no reason for all this ridiculous 'guardian system' if they employed English mods who can differentiate between various contexts.
Agreed. A competent CEO with a sense of strategy wouldn't go a miss either.

the.games
14-08-2012, 12:10 AM
A button to send the report to moderators instead is probably a good idea because I've seen a few sexually explicit & scam reports.

You can, if you report it under any category but bullying it goes to a mod, and I'd the guardians vote it as severe it is sent to a mod too!

Munex
14-08-2012, 12:14 AM
I've not had one serious call for days. 90% of people close the report seconds after opening it, 8% want me to fill their room up and 2% are trapped in a Saw/Carnival room.

Oleh
14-08-2012, 12:48 AM
I've not had one serious call for days. 90% of people close the report seconds after opening it, 8% want me to fill their room up and 2% are trapped in a Saw/Carnival room.

I've had one or 2 actually asking for help. Been trying to get all the talents asap (because being a helper sucks, guardian ftw)

Emz
14-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Looking forward to testing the guardian-feature on .NO :D Hopefully by the end of this week :)

The system looks nice, but give it a couple of weeks/months and it would probably be abused, much like the eXpert system - though this might end up worse seeing as anyone can be a Guardian. It just seems like an excuse to not get proper moderation in to do the work, relying on brown nosing users to do most of it. It also seems like it will delay proper disciplinary action if 5 have to be chosen, and Guardians can decline the report. Can users who report a bully have their report sent straight to a moderator, or do they have to rely on untrained users to make the decisions?

How was the eXpert system abused when they didn´t even have any powers? :S Just a badge... Oh, and they could enter rooms that were full.

Meanies
14-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Most of the bully reviews I've had have been answered properly, well I answer them properly and the 95% of the time the majority agrees with what I've said. Initially I'm sure it will be abused but eventually it will be used properly I'm sure, as was said with the Helper tool when that was introduced.

GommeInc
14-08-2012, 01:34 AM
How was the eXpert system abused when they didn´t even have any powers? :S Just a badge... Oh, and they could enter rooms that were full.
It was more about status than power with eXperts. People thought too much of themselves and became icons rather than any actual help. I think Hotel Management might of favoured them above regular users too, but that might of only of been with one eXpert at the time.

Emz
14-08-2012, 03:45 AM
It was more about status than power with eXperts. People thought too much of themselves and became icons rather than any actual help. I think Hotel Management might of favoured them above regular users too, but that might of only of been with one eXpert at the time.

I agree, but I can´t see how that is abusing in any way? They became icons because many people knew who they were. Most eX´s did their job which was to inform people and give small tours. So what if they were favoured a little? Some people are favoured because of their furni/coins. X´s helped the community, that is a better reason for being an icon if u ask me (Unless ur just after the status, like u said). :)
Just so tired of hearing "The eXpert program failed because of abuse and so on".. :rolleyes:

Toilet
14-08-2012, 03:59 AM
You can, if you report it under any category but bullying it goes to a mod, and I'd the guardians vote it as severe it is sent to a mod too!
Woops, didn't realise! xD

JerseySafety
14-08-2012, 04:23 AM
This is alright I guess haha. Looks very interesting :)

e5
14-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Can only see it being abused, if it's sent to jokers who think it would be funny. It's not THAT easy to get to guardian, you have to have the helper tool on ALOT and take plenty of calls still... 5 is better than the 3 I thought it would be, or it was meant to be.

cameron354
14-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Most of the bully reviews I've had have been answered properly, well I answer them properly and the 95% of the time the majority agrees with what I've said. Initially I'm sure it will be abused but eventually it will be used properly I'm sure, as was said with the Helper tool when that was introduced.
Yeah most have voted fairly on the ones I've answered too. Also this isn't the final version yet, it's just piloting so they could tweak it.

inki234
14-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I get like 3 every minute D: at least it's easier for the talents what I am mad about is the tours I not getting requested at, that is what I mainly got to do.

Volunteer
14-08-2012, 11:35 AM
I finished up to TBD. I wonder if I continue with calls, it'll count towards next talent tree that's not out yet.

the.games
14-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Slight Problem, to advance to a normal guardian from a novice you have to answer so many calls for help and spend so many mins on tour. Now im a novice guardian I dont seem to be getting any calls for help, just bullying cases. Do guardians still get normal CFH's?

Volunteer
14-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah but its slower.

I finished all my help request calls (up to guardian) Prior to my bully calls so I didnt have that problem.

Ekelektra
14-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I haven't really got any normal tour requests, but lots of bullying ones.

I got one from the room I was in, could actually pick out who had said everything. I don't think I had said anything when I had been in there though so not sure if it actually gives you ones that you had said something in.

cameron354
14-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I haven't really got any normal tour requests, but lots of bullying ones.

I got one from the room I was in, could actually pick out who had said everything. I don't think I had said anything when I had been in there though so not sure if it actually gives you ones that you had said something in.
It said on the habbo blog post that you couldn't get calls from the room you are currently in. http://blog.habbo.com/2012/08/13/currently-piloting-habbo-guardians/

Absently
14-08-2012, 03:47 PM
It said on the habbo blog post that you couldn't get calls from the room you are currently in. http://blog.habbo.com/2012/08/13/currently-piloting-habbo-guardians/
I've had some from the room I was in last night

Red
14-08-2012, 03:47 PM
I've had some from the room I was in last night

same. I also got one popping up from the room I was in.

e5
14-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Seeing the posts about not getting the tour guide requests once reaching Guardian, may be a problem for me as I haven't got to Guardian yet, eek.

Jorc
14-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I only had like 20 more requests needed for guardian level not novice, but yeah super hard to get them with bully reports now. Hopefully they fix that.

GommeInc
14-08-2012, 11:47 PM
I agree, but I can´t see how that is abusing in any way? They became icons because many people knew who they were. Most eX´s did their job which was to inform people and give small tours. So what if they were favoured a little? Some people are favoured because of their furni/coins. X´s helped the community, that is a better reason for being an icon if u ask me (Unless ur just after the status, like u said). :)
Just so tired of hearing "The eXpert program failed because of abuse and so on".. :rolleyes:
Being an icon overtook duty with some of them. Heck, a few sort of gave up and just went around showing their badge off without really doing any worth while work.

Not forgetting that it was abused when eXperts started entering full rooms (one of their privileges). I remember a few threads on here cropping up complaining how it's unfair Habbo eXperts seemed to of been entering rooms where giveaways or meet-and-greets were being held, when the events were really aimed at the ordinary Habbo.

I guess "abuse" was the wrong word, corrupt is probably more fitting. Besides, the eXpert system became defunct when the FAQ took over - it was so much better at giving advice, it sort of destroyed the Help Desk room category too.

Were you a Habbo eXperts Emz? Just curious :)

Emz
15-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Being an icon overtook duty with some of them. Heck, a few sort of gave up and just went around showing their badge off without really doing any worth while work.

Not forgetting that it was abused when eXperts started entering full rooms (one of their privileges). I remember a few threads on here cropping up complaining how it's unfair Habbo eXperts seemed to of been entering rooms where giveaways or meet-and-greets were being held, when the events were really aimed at the ordinary Habbo.

I guess "abuse" was the wrong word, corrupt is probably more fitting. Besides, the eXpert system became defunct when the FAQ took over - it was so much better at giving advice, it sort of destroyed the Help Desk room category too.

Were you a Habbo eXperts Emz? Just curious :)

Hm, I don´t even remember attending to any giveaways, and I look at the entering full rooms more as an advantage. But I guess .COM is such a big hotel compared to .NO that u probably noticed more "abuse" going on.
Habbo.no got rid of the X´s that only wanted the badge pretty early in the program. But the X program didn´t end because of the FAQ I don´t think (There has always been a faq?),but they started a new system - the habbo guides. :) Giving more habbos opportunity to help.
...But the X system was definitely not flawless.

Haha and yes, I was an eXpert. Dec 21st. 2005 - October 2008. Good times :)

GommeInc
15-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Hm, I don´t even remember attending to any giveaways, and I look at the entering full rooms more as an advantage. But I guess .COM is such a big hotel compared to .NO that u probably noticed more "abuse" going on.
Habbo.no got rid of the X´s that only wanted the badge pretty early in the program. But the X program didn´t end because of the FAQ I don´t think (There has always been a faq?),but they started a new system - the habbo guides. :) Giving more habbos opportunity to help.
...But the X system was definitely not flawless.

Haha and yes, I was an eXpert. Dec 21st. 2005 - October 2008. Good times :)
Ah, that might be why :P This was back when the UK had their own hotel and an established Habbo community with minor celebs who kissed up to Habbo Staff. A few Xs snuck into rooms hosted by them, causing complaints and questions about why rooms were having something like 35 Habbos in a room limited to 30. It made a "them and us" culture in the end.

The FAQ probably wasn't the reason Habbo eXperts disappeared, I just found it odd that the updated FAQ came out near the end making their job a bit defunct too early. The FAQ had all the useful information using keywords, it gave help desks a run for their money too :P

This Guardian system seems like it might go the way of the Guide system. It's an opportunity for everyone, but then everyone will become one making it a bit useless. I preferred Hobbas, but even they had problems :P

Jarkie
15-08-2012, 09:52 PM
This is to do with Habbo Guardians.. Lets not make this into another Habbo eXpert debate thread - They're getting boring now.

OT: I am loving this new system :) Shame about the broken tours etc, but Paul tweeted that Sulake are aware of the problem, they will fix it soon. :)

GommeInc
15-08-2012, 10:23 PM
This is to do with Habbo Guardians.. Lets not make this into another Habbo eXpert debate thread - They're getting boring now.

OT: I am loving this new system :) Shame about the broken tours etc, but Paul tweeted that Sulake are aware of the problem, they will fix it soon. :)
Ignore us, we were reminiscing, although we were being on topic :P

Is there any news on how many Guardians there are on the hotel (active and inactive)? That could provide interesting statistics.

Emz
16-08-2012, 12:10 AM
I wish they could show how many Guardians are on duty! And a normal statistic which would show how many there are on the hotel all together. :)

Jimbobthecrab
16-08-2012, 04:02 AM
I wish they could show how many Guardians are on duty! And a normal statistic which would show how many there are on the hotel all together. :)

I agree.

Amen. I'm tired of all the calls that get cancelled in seconds.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!