PDA

View Full Version : Aliens.

iBlueBox
13-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Do you think that aliens exist?

Do you think we / they will ever make contact?

Would you be scared of them?

Empired
13-08-2012, 10:37 PM
By the term "alien", I assume you mean something we can make contact with instead of just bacteria :P

I suppose aliens must exist somewhere. I do not think we will ever make contact in my lifetime, certainly, although it is possible a long way in the future?

I wouldn't be scared 'cause if we went to another planet, the chances are we would definitely want to be going in peace, so why would they think differently?

--
My friend has this theory that aliens have already visited earth but they are in colours/shapes/sizes/forms that our eyes cannot process, so they send our brain nothing :)

LoveToStack
13-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Do you think that aliens exist?Do I think that life exists elsewhere in the universe? Yeah almost certainly. Do I believe that people have been abducted by little green men over the years and that countless blurred pictures of lights in the sky can be attributed to extra-terrestrial life? No.

Do you think we / they will ever make contact?Radio contact seems much more likely than someone landing a spaceship on earth. Yeah we'll probably make contact at some point down the line. Definitely not in this generation though, I'd guess.

Would you be scared of them?Depends on the circumstances which we met these ETs. If we went exploring and found primitive life then they'd still be classed as aliens yet with our superior tech we would still be dominant so there shouldn't really be any need to be afraid of them. Similarly if the roles were reversed it would be silly not to be in awe of a species which was far more developed than our own.

Munex
14-08-2012, 12:07 AM
They must do? It'd be a massive coincidence if Earth was the only life-supporting object in space, according to some scientific documentary that I watched many years ago and can no longer remember any fine details.

I guess, maybe, that it's somewhat possible to suggest contact between humans and aliens is, to some degree, a possible situation in the many years to come - perhaps. That being said, nothing can travel faster than light (as we know), and the closest star to earth, other than the Sun, is many light years away. The chances of life being so relatively close to earth in terms of light years is probably very slim, so astronauts of the future may need to pack a very large lunch for their journey.

It depends. I guess the fear of some incurable alien disease would cross my mind, even if the aliens themselves were just harmless balls of pink fluff that wouldn't dare hurt a human.

David
14-08-2012, 12:13 AM
yet with our superior tech we would still be dominant so there shouldn't really be any need to be afraid of them. Similarly if the roles were reversed it would be silly not to be in awe of a species which was far more developed than our own.

why would you assume earth would be the more advanced?

Munex
14-08-2012, 12:16 AM
why would you assume earth would be the more advanced?

He never. Perhaps you shouldn't cut the beginning of the quote off:

Depends on the circumstances which we met these ETs. If we went exploring and found primitive life then they'd still be classed as aliens yet with our superior tech we would still be dominant so there shouldn't really be any need to be afraid of them. Similarly if the roles were reversed it would be silly not to be in awe of a species which was far more developed than our own.

mrwoooooooo
14-08-2012, 09:56 AM
yes

no

yes

GoldenMerc
14-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Nope don't think they exist at all, think its a bit of a myth.

Shar
14-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Yes; maybe; yes

Lewis
14-08-2012, 02:00 PM
By the term "alien", I assume you mean something we can make contact with instead of just bacteria :P

I suppose aliens must exist somewhere. I do not think we will ever make contact in my lifetime, certainly, although it is possible a long way in the future?

I wouldn't be scared 'cause if we went to another planet, the chances are we would definitely want to be going in peace, so why would they think differently?

--
My friend has this theory that aliens have already visited earth but they are in colours/shapes/sizes/forms that our eyes cannot process, so they send our brain nothing :)

In peace? Are you serious? As much as this may be possible, there is a higher chance. They could be a million years ahead of us and they might just see us as useless as bacteria. We wash our hands, they wash the planet getting used for useless technology.

iFlame
14-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes, I believe they are real, however to believe that they are never going to make contact.

Eric
14-08-2012, 02:51 PM

yes it could be possible but there is no evidence. there are billions of stars and planets out there in the universe so maybe they are living in one of them? who knows

probably, maybe in another century or something

if they are aliens like Paul then no

Empired
14-08-2012, 02:56 PM
In peace? Are you serious? As much as this may be possible, there is a higher chance. They could be a million years ahead of us and they might just see us as useless as bacteria. We wash our hands, they wash the planet getting used for useless technology.
You have obviously watched far too many movies. Not everybody out there is ready to kill us. Maybe not everybody out there even knows how to kill. The chances of ever meeting aliens are so small that the chances of us getting into some stereotypical war with them is even smaller.

Lewis
14-08-2012, 03:04 PM
You have obviously watched far too many movies. Not everybody out there is ready to kill us. Maybe not everybody out there even knows how to kill. The chances of ever meeting aliens are so small that the chances of us getting into some stereotypical war with them is even smaller.

actually, i've not watched one alien movie except paul, where he is a good alien. And I didn't say they were? I said it's more likely. Most humans treat unintelligent things like crap, not all but a lot and it could be the same with aliens.

Empired
14-08-2012, 06:10 PM
actually, i've not watched one alien movie except paul, where he is a good alien. And I didn't say they were? I said it's more likely. Most humans treat unintelligent things like crap, not all but a lot and it could be the same with aliens.
To be fair, treating unintelligent things badly is happening less and less thanks to things like Animals Rights (etc) groups. If word got out that the government was treating aliens as guinea pigs, there would almost definitely be riots.

Also remember "aliens" would be coming from places we can never imagine. They may not even know the meaning of fighting. They may be the exact opposites of us.

Lewis
14-08-2012, 06:34 PM
To be fair, treating unintelligent things badly is happening less and less thanks to things like Animals Rights (etc) groups. If word got out that the government was treating aliens as guinea pigs, there would almost definitely be riots.

Also remember "aliens" would be coming from places we can never imagine. They may not even know the meaning of fighting. They may be the exact opposites of us.

Which is why I said it's possible either way?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!