PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

sammy
13-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Her new single from her upcoming album 'Red', listen here: http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pvtasbJq1qdsft1o1_r1.mp3

Personally quite like it, I'd heard lots of rumours that it was apparently going to be more pop-influenced but it sounds a lot like her older material to me. Thought her music might be a bit mature this time too, hopefully there's some songs on the album that aren't just about her failed relationships. It's really catchy though, can't stop singing the chorus!

Thoughts? :boohoo:

:odey:
13-08-2012, 11:55 PM
I wanted more,
I wanted her to break the box completely,
And just go for some manufactured beats, would have loved that,
It's still a slant on the same old country stuff..

sex
13-08-2012, 11:56 PM
wixard; this song title omg..... :'(
this song is so good..... i love everything this girl does

Seikou
14-08-2012, 08:27 AM
i love taylor, this song is great

Elegance
14-08-2012, 10:00 AM
ahhh it's so catchy, i really love this song and if this is what the album's going to sound like, i'm pretty sure it'll be amazing :)

Empired
14-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I love this :) Not my favourite, but still a really good one! Don't like the name though :S

Rixion
19-08-2012, 05:20 PM
I love it but she's basically sung about the same thing for about 4 albums.

Judas
19-08-2012, 07:09 PM
if you people think this is country or "mature" you must be high as hell

sounds to me like she just went dumb and immature as possible to get a hit. sounds like a carly rae jepsen b-side

someone get this *** to grow up and stop singing about break-ups for a while. just how dull can you be on a scale from 1 to taylor swift?

efq
20-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I LOVE THIS SONG MORE THAN WORDS CAN DESCRIBE SDFASFASDFASFASFASFASFASFDSAF

I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFTTTTTTT /breathes

sammy
21-08-2012, 01:13 AM
if you people think this is country or "mature" you must be high as hell

sounds to me like she just went dumb and immature as possible to get a hit. sounds like a carly rae jepsen b-side

someone get this *** to grow up and stop singing about break-ups for a while. just how dull can you be on a scale from 1 to taylor swift?

I definitely don't think it's mature, that's why i put that i'd hoped it would've been more mature for this era but it isn't, you must've read it wrong. :p

Does sound similar to her old material to me though, so I'd still consider it sort of bubblegum pop with a slight hint of country. I don't think she's completely departed from her old style music-wise, some of her previous songs particularly from the last album like The Story Of Us, Sparks Fly and Better Than Revenge sound slightly similar to this

Judas
21-08-2012, 01:41 AM
I definitely don't think it's mature, that's why i put that i'd hoped it would've been more mature for this era but it isn't, you must've read it wrong. :p

Does sound similar to her old material to me though, so I'd still consider it sort of bubblegum pop with a slight hint of country. I don't think she's completely departed from her old style music-wise, some of her previous songs particularly from the last album like The Story Of Us, Sparks Fly and Better Than Revenge sound slightly similar to this

lol my bad

Well I can't say I have a big knowledge of Taylor Swift's back catalogue but I can hear no element of country music in this at all? Maybe the fact there's an acoustic guitar but that's reaching.

October
21-08-2012, 02:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qQcSo.png

MKR&*42
21-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Omg I was about to post a thread on this (yeah im so slow lmfao) but found this X

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SONG. I know it's really annoying that she commonly (not all the time) sings about break ups, and making an entire song over 1 seems a bit obscure - but it is so addictiveeee.

shiver
22-09-2012, 03:16 PM
this song is absolutely terrible
she cannot sing at all. she's even worse live
she needs to grow up, her music does not evolve at all. i wonder what ex she is writing about now? key word EX she seems to ahve a lot of them, probably no man can stand to be with such an annoying, immature, awful song writing ****

wixard
22-09-2012, 03:45 PM
she needs to grow up, her music does not evolve at all. i wonder what ex she is writing about now? key word EX she seems to ahve a lot of them, probably no man can stand to be with such an annoying, immature, awful song writing ****

i agree, she's like what 22 and you'd think this song was sung by a 16 year old girl
what's with all the bits in it like 'WHATEVER' it's just so cringey

MKR&*42
22-09-2012, 03:47 PM

That I will strongly agree with :P.

Eric
22-09-2012, 03:49 PM
doesnt sound like her country music tbh, it's more like a ***** writing a song about her broken relationship.

Sharon
22-09-2012, 05:17 PM
don't like that everyone's suddenly tweeting OMG HOW HOT IS TAYLOR SWIFT like she's some complete new artist no she's been around for years no one in the uk really cared about her until this song and that's just because it's a trend

i like it and i like her but she needs to start singing about something different apart from relationships and then breaking up afterwards she's probably got the potential to do better

peteyt
23-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Just to add I haven't really listened to this song but aren't Adele songs mainly about depression and stuff

GoldenMerc
23-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Yeh i really like this song, is quite repetitive tho

Judas
23-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Just to add I haven't really listened to this song but aren't Adele songs mainly about depression and stuff

yeah that's why she's mundane as **** as well

Grig
26-09-2012, 02:44 PM
shes needs to stop being so pretentious and stop recording songs full stop.

I can't believe this is what is on our charts, silly tweens.

I'd rather hear a dog howl than this.

LiquidLuck.
27-09-2012, 08:59 PM
I keep being so addicted to this song. xD Me and my friends just sing the chorus every time. LOL

Smurfed-
27-09-2012, 09:31 PM
I like Taylor Swift but this song kinda let me down. I'm not sure what it s about it that I don't like, maybe it's just because its a bit different to her other stuff idk. Hasn't she got another song out now?

Jurv
27-09-2012, 09:50 PM
i didn't mind the song at first, i thought it was quite catchy but now i can't get away from it. the amount of times i've heard it being played annoys the **** out of me. it reminds me of that gotye and kimbra song.

Smurfed-
27-09-2012, 10:12 PM
i didn't mind the song at first, i thought it was quite catchy but now i can't get away from it. the amount of times i've heard it being played annoys the **** out of me. it reminds me of that gotye and kimbra song.

It reminds me of call me maybe tbh. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!