PDA

View Full Version : What is happening in Habbo Hotel?

xxMATTGxx
14-08-2012, 02:59 PM
What is happening in Habbo Hotel?

A new article by Channel 4 - You can read it by going to: http://www.channel4.com/news/what-is-happening-in-habbo-hotel

santa-my-nana
14-08-2012, 03:05 PM
I think thats a fair article and its good to see there re reviewing it.

I have to say though I thought channel 4 would have more important things to do right now than rereview habbo. There broadcasting the paralympics in under 2 weeks.

Jarkie
14-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice article lol, for a sec I smelled another mute cooking! :P

Chris
14-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Interesting read. Glad its all over, lets just hope something like this doesn't happen again.

LoveToStack
14-08-2012, 06:37 PM
And yet there is nothing to prevent anyone from asking people to go on cam, exchange pics or meet up in real life in a room right now. Nor will there ever be any way of completely stopping this short of having a human being monitor every individual line of text.

Yeah alright they've changed the filter slightly and introduced guardians or whatever but the victims of these things weren't the people who had the common sense to report it in the first place. The whole channel 4 campaign was a farce. This sort of behaviour has been present on the game for as long as I can remember and as long as the site continues to attract teens and preteens in their droves it will continue to attract people looking to exploit those types.

It's not something which habbo will ever be able to stop with a filter because there's always going to be a way of saying what you want without using words which are flagged. It's something which can only be solved by common sense and that's why I firmly believe that this whole campaign and habbo's response with the mute etc was a total waste of the user's time and the company's as the number of people playing the game dropped off a cliff.

Pigperson
14-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Wow, I guess that is fair, I just wish they understand that this explicit part of habbo is so small and stuff like fansites are more beneficial than not.

Will

auffant1
14-08-2012, 07:27 PM
The only the thing that Channel 4 got us was starred swear words.....

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!