PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] JENDRO PERM BANNED. NOT amused :)

Jendro
14-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Seriously Habbo, wtf does this mean?
Flooding the screen? Seriously? By making rooms that took me hours? By being active during ChildLine events? By trying to become a Guardian and HELPING people? I am seriously NOT amused. NOT amused.
Now I have to prove myself right again, but I seriously cannot be bothered to do that. Where the hell are we going to Habbo?

This is what I wrote the Customer Support. Now I'll have to wait for a week to not be able to get the new furni to make more rooms. Not that I even want to have anything to do with Habbo at this very moment :P

I have NEVER been banned in 6 years. This is such a lame thing, lol.

"Dear Customer support,

Despite the fact there were still a few unsolved requests, these requests are not the biggest problem.
When I tried to login - trying to look whether the Room Competition Winners got their prizes already - I found myself banned for the reason of 'flooding the screen?'. Now what does that even mean? I have been playing Habbo since 2006, and have ALWAYS behaved according to the Habbo way, and actively supported this by letting others behave according to those rules as well. I have been active in several events, such as ChildLine, and built the most diverse and creative rooms; ALL to make Habbo a better place.

It is such a disappointment I have to find myself almost 'permanently' banned for a reason that cannot even be supported by evidence. If there is any evidence, please tell me so. First the mute, now things like this. This seriously demotivates me, and other people too.

I hope there is anything you can do about this, but the fact I even have to try to get my account back for no reason makes me 'not amused'. If I could provide you with any feedback to improve the moderation system (or at least the banning system), I am most willing to do so.

Yours sincerely,
Jendro"

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6236/screenshot20120814at806.png

Red
14-08-2012, 06:12 PM
What the actual? You got a perm for flooding!? ;/

Jon
14-08-2012, 06:24 PM
I got a silly ban today, but this definitely takes the biscuit. Get it appealed and see what they say, that's ridiculous.

lawrawrrr
14-08-2012, 06:36 PM
w o w

since when do they give PERMS for flooding

SERIOUSLY.

I'm almost certain you'll be unbanned but still, you're like wow.

MKR&*42
14-08-2012, 06:51 PM
What
the

you've been given a 12 year ban for FLOODING?

Ok this really is just the end. This is the level that moderation has got to, and Paul LaFo is STILL convinced it's not an issue :rolleyes:

Kyle
14-08-2012, 06:55 PM
join the club
http://i46.tinypic.com/20shfn5.png

Abdicators
14-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Wow.

Red
14-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Wtf Kyle!!!!!!

Jendro
14-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Lol, the people reporting us must be really jealous :P

Red
14-08-2012, 07:06 PM
join the club
http://i46.tinypic.com/20shfn5.png

The guy said 'you told me you were staff' you: 'no I didn't' and you get permed?????
who the hell is on duty. bet its that mod-alinblablanla

SackRace
14-08-2012, 07:14 PM
HABBO ARE BEING **** HEADS WHY ARE WE GETTING PERMS FOR USELESS THINGS

Red
14-08-2012, 07:15 PM
oh yea forgot about ur perm ross.
a perm for a link you didn't even hand out :-l

SackRace
14-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Joins the club:

http://i.imgur.com/euKNh.png

Zak
14-08-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't see why everyone still continues to play Habbo, I really don't :P

**** up after **** up!

Is it so hard to employ some decent staff?! NO

Jarkie
14-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Wow looks like the attack on fellow habbox users continues :/

MKR&*42
14-08-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't see why everyone still continues to play Habbo, I really don't :P

**** up after **** up!

Is it so hard to employ some decent staff?! NO

And this^.

JaiHo
14-08-2012, 08:03 PM
And this^.

I am actually dumb founded. A perm ban for nothing? Three people? No-one is safe. **** you habbo.

Shall be hating on Paul on twitter. I actually can't even comprehend that you three have been perm banned for nothing. I'm like :l

santa-my-nana
14-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Im in the club too

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/simpson925/habboban.png

It really is bad the amount of bans.

SackRace
14-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Im in the club too

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/simpson925/habboban.png

It really is bad the amount of bans.

no u aint banned till 2024

Zak
14-08-2012, 08:48 PM
can i join

http://i50.tinypic.com/2upb8tz.png

Zawwa
14-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I got banned too, because someone was jealous of me talking to a "High Rank" in SWAT. :(

Jarkie
14-08-2012, 09:23 PM
And this is why we cannot get 6000 users for that challenge. like two thirds of users are banned.

Martin
14-08-2012, 09:24 PM
No wonder the amount of members online isn't too great :P There won't be many Habbo's left at this rate! I think mods need to be differentiate between serious situtations and what are clearly either jokes, or nothing which would cause any harm to anyone.

Matthew
14-08-2012, 09:31 PM
This is just awful ;l

Does Paul ACTUALLY think that moderation is good on habbo? Myself and the other mods on hxf would probably do a better job than the idiots that are employed at Habbo.

How do they expect the game to move forward from the mute and stuff when the mods ban everyone who so much as speaks? Do they check the chat logs at all? It might even be worth linking Paul to this thread to see if he says anything; the poor moderation has been going on for too long and nothing seems to be getting done.

Absently
14-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Ha, I got banned earlier for 'scamming' (only 1 day, mind you!) Apparently they consider saying ''if you give me 200c to help you with the wired of your room'' scamming :P

Matthew
14-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Ha, I got banned earlier for 'scamming' (only 1 day, mind you!) Apparently they consider saying ''if you give me 200c to help you with the wired of your room'' scamming :P

So they banned you for an scamming on the assumption that you were gonna scam someone.

Why don't they ban the whole hotel as anyone could scam at any time ;l

Absently
14-08-2012, 10:09 PM
So they banned you for an scamming on the assumption that you were gonna scam someone.

Why don't they ban the whole hotel as anyone could scam at any time ;l
I was only joking too, so ban people who use sarcasm too while they're at it.

the.games
14-08-2012, 10:17 PM
I was only joking too, so ban people who use sarcasm too while they're at it.

If they did, Paul would be banned for saying the moderation is good :P

Perm bans are being issued like ,ad and it isn't on. I suggest that Habbox strikes from Habbo!

xxMATTGxx
15-08-2012, 12:43 AM
What on earth, just been told about the amount of people being permed today. Sounds like a fantastic moderation system Sulake has in place here.

Zak
15-08-2012, 01:01 AM
It's amazing that it's so easily fixable and not even expensive to implement in a company that earns millions of pounds

Jendro
15-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Let's hope they do something about this today, before I start working for Channel 4...

Jarkie
15-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Let's hope they do something about this today, before I start working for Channel 4...

Channel 4 is alright.. what you really want to get into is BBC News WORLDWIDE ;)

Jendro
15-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Lol, gotta improve my British accent for that, though :P
Now I am banned anyway - add me on Skype to teach me British English! lol
Name's h_jendro

FartyPants
15-08-2012, 10:40 AM
You are not alone. A random guy called for help yesterday and said he was talking the trade city trying to sell furni and he got banned till 2024 for flooding.

Poor Habbo. They should really improve moderation before everyone leaves. People are already getting bored of Habbo and here comes the stupid moderation and random bans. I was on Habbo yesterday but I logged off and never went online after reading about random bans like this. Don't wanna get banned for doing nothing.

AsFastAsYou
15-08-2012, 02:02 PM
What is Habbo coming too? The bans are getting ridiculous, I got banned on AsFastAsYou for Spamming Events which later it got un-banned and then got banned for Scamming 2 days later (When I wasn't even online; I tried to contact Customer Support, but they just laughed at me. I'm now also banned from Habbo Support -.-)

Jendro
16-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Ok, I still didn't get a reply by the Customer Service. I'm really starting to worry :S

GOLD-VICAR
16-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear Jendro. I'm not sure how else we can reach out to staff. It's like staff don't care any longer. The old days of Habbo are long gone. Times have moved on. Support and moderation will never be the same. It's extremely sad, but it seems Sulake have chosen a sad path.

Jendro
16-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Lol, I never got to claim any prize for winning the room comp :P
Waiting is the only thing I can right now. Argh, if there only were Habbo lawyers... Willing to be my own.

Jendro
16-08-2012, 04:16 PM
(Editing time over, please merge the thread)

I have sent my last request to the Customer Support. Hope they will do something about it, or otherwise I have lost faith in Habbo completely.

Dear Customer Support,

The reason I send this to this Customer Support section, is because I think this is more about flaws within the Guardian system, in which some fellow Habbos abuse their power. Recently, my Habbo ID, with my main accounts 'Jendro' and 'Caesar', has been banned for 12 years. To be more exact, this ID has been unjustly banned until 10-01-2024 for 'disrupting the game by flooding the screen'.

First of all I would like to mention that I have never flooded any screen at all. You do have the permission to check my entire chat log from 2006. I have always behaved according to the Habbo way, and encouraged others to do so as well. This is also the reason why I have been very active in events like the ChildLine one.

Secondly, I have looked into the Terms and Conditions, and I have found this:

"Consequences of Disruption:
These are for players who are either disrupting the game for others by flooding the screen or raiding rooms. Bans or mutes also keep those in check, who are engaging in harmful scripting. You may face anything from muting to a permanent ban, based on the severity of the problem and how many times you have previously been sent alerts flagging up the same issue."

As I have never flooded anything at all before, the severity of this case is not equal to a 12 year long ban at all. Furthermore, I have never been sent an alert flagging up the same issue.

It is such a disappointment I have to find myself almost 'permanently' banned for a reason that cannot even be supported by evidence. If there is any evidence, could you please provide me with this? I really hope there is anything you can do about this (both the ban, and the Guardian system, which requires training and courses in relativity), but the fact I even have to try to get my account back for no reason makes me feel disappointed. If I could provide you with any feedback to improve the moderation system, I am most willing to do so. Of course, making mistakes is a human thing to do, and I know you do everything to improve the system. It only needs time, and experience, and I realize that. I just hope I could get my account back, and try to become a Guardian myself to prevent things like this from happening. I love building Habbo rooms, and I wish I could continue my passion. In the end, we all want to make Habbo a better place, right? :)

Yours sincerely,
Jendro

Arron
16-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Habbo seems to be having a rough period at the moment. I'd leave your appeals for a couple more days/weeks until they pick themselves up and get back round on their feet.

Jendro
16-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Well, I won't be waiting a few weeks. Every single second is a second too long. I just hope they learn that developing a camera, making a few mini-games, fixing catalog glitches, having some campaigns with new, lame room competition voting systems, releasing an insufficiently tested Guardian system, and still trying to 'help' banned people, all at the same time, is not making Habbo any better. But well, making mistakes is a human thing to do.

JessiJames
17-08-2012, 11:11 PM
I opened a Guardian Headquarter room the other day, and I've had several people come in and say the same thing. Just now, I had a guy who was perm banned for "flooding", and had no idea what he did wrong. He said he rarely speaks in rooms, let alone "floods", and has never been banned before.

Apparently, he thinks it was because he said to a friend "You should tune into thishabbo.com".

---------- Post added 18-08-2012 at 12:22 AM ----------

Oh and additionally, by law (in Britain, and I assume similarly worldwide) the Data Protection act states that you have the permission to obtain all information that a company holds about you.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/principle_6.aspx

"This is the sixth data protection principle, and the rights of individuals that it refers to are:

a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in their personal data;
a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
This section explains these rights, sets out the duties of organisations in this regard and gives examples of good practice. It is divided into six parts, which deal with each of these rights in turn."

Each of the above topics are your right as a user of Habbo Hotel. You have the right to see the information that lead to your ban, as well as the right to appeal any automated decision.

For anyone reading this who has had an unjust permanent ban, has the right to quote the Data Protection Act 1998, and the above paragraphs stating your rights as a user of Habbo Hotel.

Scare them with legislation!

If you're not from the UK, I'd recommend looking up your local Data Protection act.

If you're stuck, you can tweet me at @realjessijames, and I can help if I can.

Judge Judy
18-08-2012, 01:06 AM
I'd be surprised if you get a response anytime soon seeing as it's been 4 days of no response and now it's a weekend that's going to be another 2-3 days of no reply from Staff.

Great customer service it is!

sex
18-08-2012, 03:13 AM
I'd be surprised if you get a response anytime soon seeing as it's been 4 days of no response and now it's a weekend that's going to be another 2-3 days of no reply from Staff.

Great customer service it is!

The work 7 days a week now!

I opened a Guardian Headquarter room the other day, and I've had several people come in and say the same thing. Just now, I had a guy who was perm banned for "flooding", and had no idea what he did wrong. He said he rarely speaks in rooms, let alone "floods", and has never been banned before.

Apparently, he thinks it was because he said to a friend "You should tune into thishabbo.com".

Oh and additionally, by law (in Britain, and I assume similarly worldwide) the Data Protection act states that you have the permission to obtain all information that a company holds about you.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/principle_6.aspx

"This is the sixth data protection principle, and the rights of individuals that it refers to are:

a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in their personal data;
a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
This section explains these rights, sets out the duties of organisations in this regard and gives examples of good practice. It is divided into six parts, which deal with each of these rights in turn."

Each of the above topics are your right as a user of Habbo Hotel. You have the right to see the information that lead to your ban, as well as the right to appeal any automated decision.

For anyone reading this who has had an unjust permanent ban, has the right to quote the Data Protection Act 1998, and the above paragraphs stating your rights as a user of Habbo Hotel.

Scare them with legislation!

If you're not from the UK, I'd recommend looking up your local Data Protection act.

If you're stuck, you can tweet me at @realjessijames, and I can help if I can.

the fansite this habbo has been blacklisted and removed from the official habbo fansite list as their users spam rooms all over the hotel so anyone who says their site is likely to banned by the auto trigger i think

Jendro
18-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Hmm, I will try to look into the the Data Protection act of the Netherlands. I assume that the Western World has the same Data Protection rights for the world wide web, though. Thanks for looking it up! +REP

And do they work 7 days a week, or are they in an office 7 days a week? :P Big difference

Lirikkal
19-08-2012, 06:38 AM
i got banned as well :( 12 yrs. I sent a mail to Habbo already and still no replies. I sent 4 days ago

Jendro
19-08-2012, 08:16 AM
No reply yet... Let's hope they really do something about this. We've been waiting way too long :(

Jendro
20-08-2012, 07:19 AM
UNBANNED! YAY!
Ok, that's step 1. Now I've seriously got to help improving Habbo before it's too late :P

JaiHo
20-08-2012, 08:16 AM
UNBANNED! YAY!
Ok, that's step 1. Now I've seriously got to help improving Habbo before it's too late :P

I would quite happily be part of the team :p let me know if you need any help! & yay on the unban!

Arron
20-08-2012, 01:59 PM
UNBANNED! YAY!

Nice! I noticed as when I seen that your room won on the Hotel View screen.

santa-my-nana
20-08-2012, 02:05 PM
UNBANNED! YAY!

woohooo finally, thats an overdue unbann, let me know if you need help

edible
20-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Ask them for free VIP. They gave to my friend on his bad ban when he asked.

Red
20-08-2012, 02:20 PM
congrats! Really pleased for you :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!