PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Quick Trade Scammers

BeardedBuilders
20-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Right, so i was on a old account [i had to switch for safety reasons] and this guys arrives, and offers me a throne for my 12 Clock towers and walls [Which was about 200c worth at the time] and me being be... picked it all up before he left to get this deal.. and while i put this furniture into the trade.. he was adding random items [junk] and put in a red plastic chair, which from a glimpse looked just like the throne and i pressed confirm... he left obviously.. and i looked to put down my great profit.. and the throne wasn't there...

I had a huge panic attack, but am now over it.. I know the name of the guy but he doesnt seem to be a active user any more so im guessing he was banned.

don't trust a quick trade unless you DOUBLE CHECK and dont rush for your items. Biggest Mistake of my life!

Samantha
20-08-2012, 02:39 PM
So you saw the red plasto but yet still pushed confirm? Easily solved by hovering over it.

Arron
20-08-2012, 02:40 PM
A lot of younger Habbos tend to be the victim of this as they get excited at the prospect of owning a Throne. I know as it happened to be in about 2006. The more experienced you are the more aware you become of these types of situations developing.

BeardedBuilders
20-08-2012, 02:44 PM
when the trade was over, was when i realised what i had glimpsed at :)

Samantha
20-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah loads have tried it with me but you earn really, I remember falling for the Dragon Throne Rare and V Guitar scam but the joke was on them as Habbo compensated me ;).

lawrawrrr
20-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Always always check what you are really getting! So common to try and scam, I've nearly fallen for the number one (where they quickly take 1 out just before pressing confirm). It's just pathetic :l

Zelda
20-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Always always check what you are really getting! So common to try and scam, I've nearly fallen for the number one (where they quickly take 1 out just before pressing confirm). It's just pathetic :l

^ this happens tons really. I know how to do it very well personally, not that i'd ever do it, but it generally helps to notice it and avoid it. Easiest thing to ever do in trades which run this risk is just to always wait till the other person confirms, and quickly check their trade before accepting, as they will likely even just cancel the trade if they were attempting to quick trade you and this happens.

iiLion
20-08-2012, 04:13 PM
That happened to me a while ago, luckily it was only a mocha machine maker and lodge corner LMAO x

e5
20-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I stupidly fell for this once.

I was offered their throne for my 4 GBs or something, 1 less than the normal price anyway so I thought I had a great deal... I put the GBs in and he added the throne, followed by a red plasto and other junk, saying have this as I don't need it! and then randomly was flooding lyrics to a song, so I'd read them and then not see the trade... he secretly removed the throne and left the red plasto there, and I didn't notice, just saw red... so confirmed, and as I pressed confirm I saw I made a mistake, felt stupid so kicked the person from my room, they were using a clone, evidently. I did feel stupid too. Don't be fooled by good deals!

Fustraton
25-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Too experienced to fall for stupid mistakes lol. I rarely ever go to ff's any more unless I'm absolutely certain I know the host, or its for fun. Shame, I'm super good at ff.

harry2230
27-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Does anyone know about that Trading/Marketplace Glitch? Could that be classed as a quick scam?

auffant1
27-08-2012, 10:24 PM
That's why I always always double triple check any of my higher priced trades just to make sure :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!