PDA

View Full Version : Oh my days..

Barkseh
20-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Do you need a degree to play Habbo now or am I just getting old?

I popped on yesterday for a few minutes to see if I knew anyone in HxHD and to see what it looked like. It was around 10 minutes before I figured out I had to do some safety quiz before I could talk to people. It used to be so simple!!! I don't like it!!

RyRy
20-08-2012, 11:04 PM
It's all this Channel 4 paedophile business, they've stepped up everything.

Barkseh
20-08-2012, 11:09 PM
What happened like

RyRy
20-08-2012, 11:10 PM
I wasn't around for it, give "Channel 4 Habbo" a google and you'll get the jist. There was a 2 week hotel-wide mute I know that much.

lawrawrrr
20-08-2012, 11:11 PM
What happened like

basically channel 4 pretended to be an 11yo old girl and got solicited by someone so 'exposed' how everyone on the hotel is a paedo and sulake encourage cybering (totally exaggerated).

So sulake first muted everyone for 2 weeks, then limited chat, then this quiz thing for full chat - while they're combatting sex offenders and paedos basically :)

Barkseh
20-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Rebecca Newton. How false is she? She used to work for Habbo lmao

lawrawrrr
20-08-2012, 11:32 PM
eugh ikr her interview was like, wtf.

FlyingJesus
20-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Paul I was gonna add you on fb but was kinda wary because I didn't want to be the only person on your friend list who doesn't have boobs like seriously have you ever met a boy irl

oh and yeah on topic obv errr yes it is silly that there are so many regulations and such

Barkseh
20-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Haha!

To be fair, I remember when I used to play. Habbo used to bang it into our heads not to add people on MSN ect... Its not Habbos fault. It's going to happen on any chat room you go into. It can't be helped.

RyRy
20-08-2012, 11:39 PM

I think that was Becs wasn't it? The one who went to Moshi Monsters soon after? Habbo is a competitor anyway, anything to cast a bad shadow on a rival!

I'm just surprised it hadn't been done sooner.

Barkseh
20-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I remember her. She used to be corrupt as hell!

I think that was Becs wasn't it? The one who went to Moshi Monsters soon after? Habbo is a competitor anyway, anything to cast a bad shadow on a rival!

I'm just surprised it hadn't been done sooner.

RyRy
20-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I remember her. She used to be corrupt as hell!

She wasn't the only one, and she wasn't the last either. Did Emma Monks (Redtiz I think?) make an appearance for anybody who watched it?

xxMATTGxx
21-08-2012, 12:28 AM
She wasn't the only one, and she wasn't the last either. Did Emma Monks (Redtiz I think?) make an appearance for anybody who watched it?

No she wasn't on it but I think she commented on another site though - That's If I remember it correctly.

Johnathan
21-08-2012, 01:28 AM
basically channel 4 pretended to be an 11yo old girl and got solicited by someone so 'exposed' how everyone on the hotel is a paedo and sulake encourage cybering (totally exaggerated).

So sulake first muted everyone for 2 weeks, then limited chat, then this quiz thing for full chat - while they're combatting sex offenders and paedos basically :)

As much of a hassle this may have been I think it was for the best in the long run.

Grimmauld
21-08-2012, 01:30 AM
yeah, i miss the simplicity of habbo back then :(

lawrawrrr
21-08-2012, 01:31 AM
As much of a hassle this may have been I think it was for the best in the long run.

totally agree with you, was totally getting out of hand!!

Johnathan
21-08-2012, 01:40 AM
totally agree with you, was totally getting out of hand!!

I've been playing habbo on and off for about 8 years now. I remember when I was younger, habbo broke. People actually offering/tempting me with furni to chit chat with them on MSN/Camera... Of course I used my better judgement on it and didn't act stupid. But in all reality, the game is based around a real money user base. If anyone can get ahead for free by soliciting themselves wrongfully I guess they will do it? Yes it is wrong, and no I do not support any point of it. All in all this is part of a larger problem so it seems. People see this happening every day. There is nothing to tell them if its right or wrong, and usually the parents of these helpless children don't even know what's going on.

I really do hope habbo steps up on this one. It took years for them to be exposed, and damn right they did. Being muted for two weeks was just the beginning. They need to implement programs, moderate more of the things these young children are doing. Hell parents need to keep a closer eye on on-line things. Ugh lol

lawrawrrr
21-08-2012, 01:46 AM
I've been playing habbo on and off for about 8 years now. I remember when I was younger, habbo broke. People actually offering/tempting me with furni to chit chat with them on MSN/Camera... Of course I used my better judgement on it and didn't act stupid. But in all reality, the game is based around a real money user base. If anyone can get ahead for free by soliciting themselves wrongfully I guess they will do it? Yes it is wrong, and no I do not support any point of it. All in all this is part of a larger problem so it seems. People see this happening every day. There is nothing to tell them if its right or wrong, and usually the parents of these helpless children don't even know what's going on.

I really do hope habbo steps up on this one. It took years for them to be exposed, and damn right they did. Being muted for two weeks was just the beginning. They need to implement programs, moderate more of the things these young children are doing. Hell parents need to keep a closer eye on on-line things. Ugh lol

about the same for me actually, but more off than on tbh!! It used to be sooo much worse, I remember often getting requests for cam while I was just playing innocently, and some people will think OMG FURNI and just do it without a second's thought, or even if people are curious about that (I actually know someone who got naked as a child on cam to an older man as she 'wanted to know what it would be like'). Habbo then started encouraging 'dating', bringing furni like tons more beds, not acting on sexual reports and even leaving 18+ beds beds beds room to hit 50 popularity every day. The kissing booth was the last straw for me and I just lost all faith really!

When this whole thing happened I thought the same!!! How they haven't had bad press before is BEYOND me. Yeah they're going overboard now but it will get better with time, I hope anyway. C4 are still keeping an eye on so it's understandable. I said that it was mostly the parent's fault though, but they just don't have the time or control they used to. Not good enough really - it's their responsibility to warn about and watch their kid's internet useage.

vito201-:D
21-08-2012, 06:52 AM

Barker? Hello. =P

Also, check out an interview she gave when she'd just been hired by MoshiMonsters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMaj-Ex6I8

Literally says the opposite. xD
- Alex (Shenk).

Barkseh
22-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Bloody hell! Its been a while since I've seen you!!!

Barker? Hello. =P

Also, check out an interview she gave when she'd just been hired by MoshiMonsters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMaj-Ex6I8

Literally says the opposite. xD
- Alex (Shenk).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!