PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Banned for something I don't even know..

Fiendly
23-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Well I don't really understand it..

"
You have been banned! The reason for the ban is "You have been banned until 23-08-2012 20:15:02. Promoting or using unauthorized scripting programs spells trouble. Wouldn`t go there, if I were you. Please review the Habbo Way and Terms for acceptable usage. (id: 2919251)". The ban will expire at 8/23/12 8:15 PM (GMT +0000) Eastern Time."

Can someone explain that to me? I've submitted a ticket to customer support as well. I just logged into the hotel about 10 minutes ago and went to my favorite rooms to remove them, then went into The Lounge. I had the afro clothes on (They were in my wardrobe) and I was changing to my normal attire. Upon clicking "save" it said I was banned for promoting scripts?

I don't get it.. I wasn't talking to anyone at all.

Volunteer
23-08-2012, 01:32 AM
There was a small 'protest' in the welcome lounge earlier, all wearing the afro clothes. This might be why.

But if you have not said anything, definitely appeal to see what is going on. Seeing that it's only a one day ban, it's strange. I thought scripting bans were perm.

Good Luck!

Fiendly
23-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah I saw that but I don't see how it was relevant, I never said a thing at all to "promote". The day before I was talking about VPS' and other terms such as SSH so that might of been it, but it seems weird to be banned 24 hours?

MatthewRMG
23-08-2012, 02:55 PM
If there was a Moderator in the room, they might've seen your clothes and viewed your chatlogs (and assuming you never said anything that day) they would've seen the mention of VPS and SSH from the other day... they're not known for accurately checking dates and times so might've assumed it was said today and voilá, a ban!

Appeal it through CS.

Samantha
23-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Seems a little odd as scripting would or usually would warrent a permanent ban anyway surely? Also, not sure how can you script by just changing your look unless you said something that could have been taken the wrong way previously?! Not sure though.

Fiendly
23-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Well I'm still banned.. I'm from Australia so I'm +10GMT and it says I was "
8/23/12 8:15 PM (GMT +0000) Eastern Time".. surely that's already been gone. Aren't bans automated?

I tried to appeal and it just rejects me from the panel - I made a request but I click on "Check my submitted tickets" and it refreshes to the splash page.

GoldenMerc
24-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Just appeal it, its all very strange at the moment

Fiendly
24-08-2012, 11:30 PM
I was unbanned but I haven't received a reply for CS since 3 days, I'm surprised it's taken this long. From what I remember it was only a few hours providing it was between 9 - 5

Zak
25-08-2012, 01:22 AM
There was a small 'protest' in the welcome lounge earlier, all wearing the afro clothes. This might be why.

But if you have not said anything, definitely appeal to see what is going on. Seeing that it's only a one day ban, it's strange. I thought scripting bans were perm.

Good Luck!

Crap. If that was the 'pools closed' outfit one of my rarest accounts might be banned :P

Volunteer
25-08-2012, 01:45 AM
yeah it was the AIDS one again.

Crap. If that was the 'pools closed' outfit one of my rarest accounts might be banned :P

Fiendly
28-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Finally got a reply for support.. It still hasn't been answered, I HAVE to verify my account with a lot of information to find out WHY I was banned. I don't even know what email I used to sign up (I changed it because I think, I think that email account was removed).

Let the wait begin..

auffant1
29-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Such an odd thing to be banned for. Habbo these days.....

Fiendly
29-08-2012, 10:19 PM
After verifying all of that information "You're in luck, you've already been unbanned" - I still havent been told why I got the ban, I know I was unbanned. I've been playing for awhile now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!