PDA

View Full Version : ssh vs plate

Zelda
26-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Just an interesting topic to spark some conversation, as there's tons of arguements about this atm, such as James's bind guides (celcat > bn/legs/gaunts frankly as 3rd/4th).

Well Kyle convinced me in the first place that a Ssh was probably worth binding over plate, tho I may have been sceptical st first I certainly would agree now. I would personally say the heaviest disadvantage of plate is as a csber, accuracy is heavily reduced. Things you should really mage over melee become obsolete wasting time. Most namely demons and skeletons. Obviously adding a celcat or efs means brutes zombies and the like also join the list but that's irrelevant, as we only on about hood and plate.

A second disadvantage, ill just use a common room that you would see really for a gd.

Saggi ranger
Primal warrior
Max necro
Two ranger skeles
Max mage skele

With a plate, upon entering the fact is, anything above t9 equiv really will just hit through a plate, and this just becomes incredibly dangerous. People on the other hand claim Ssh to be useless because mages are just there to deactivate it, which frankly is rubbish, as you can just stick ur gate outside the room, take off hood, pile necro Tele out and put back on, and progress to clear in safety. And if you didn't have a gate free anyway, .... Why were you pathing.

Another disadvantage of plate would be heavily increased prayer usage, and also more food used. People claim you are reducing damage taken, but effectively you are taking reduced damage over much more time, and unlike hood are not sitting on comfy immunities in many gds. Prayer becomes neccesary effectively wherever you go, and all this means is either having to make more trips.to altar and risking running out, or dying when you really didn't have to if you had plate.

Anyway that's just my personal opinion, and ofc there are benefits for plate such as for bosses etc. Discuss what you think and why you think it xx

Zelda
26-08-2012, 07:51 AM
A few more points to hood over plate -

Superior dps as ring switching is far easier and can be done mid gd unlike plate.
Puzzles such as emotes, 2nd page polt and plinths are sped up significantly, especially emotes.
Hood improves survival tactics, meaning that you aren't just relying on your defensive bind constantly to soak up damage, hence meaning in dangerous rooms for plate AND hood you are effectively going to stand more chance due to practice.
Hood boosts dps of csb and most importantly a hex. With hexes measily 45 range attack, i think hat is what it is anyway, a +6 can acually compliment really nicely compared to the plate lowering this drastically.

End of extra points for now ;p

Zak
26-08-2012, 04:46 PM
As I know nothing about Dungeoneering, I cannot contribute to this argument.

& some moderators might see this as a pointless post :P xD

Zelda
26-08-2012, 05:04 PM
As I know nothing about Dungeoneering, I cannot contribute to this argument.

& some moderators might see this as a pointless post :P xD

lol dw ;p this can be useful for u then when me and mike get u 50+ since u can decide which you'd prefer!

Heres some more points to hoods favour anyway -

In w77 w117 and w32, nearly everyone will be hooded, being unhooded will mean you are very heavily targeted and become the tank, which is far more dangerous.
This also applies for such things as DGS (Dgsweepers) which ban plate usage apart from ranked keyers (wingmans no longer allowed them), and fcs such as Relaxed Dung where most people use them. Be aware some fc's such as chilled dung however DO NOT ALLOW a hood
In teams with no other people being hooded, hood also actually happens to take advantage of this. As everyone else would be plated (other than people in DGS, be aware dgs do allow hoods, but they highly disprove of it as they like peopel to learn surv techniques), you would be pushing off damage onto everyone else where the hood works also benefiting you.

Kardan
27-08-2012, 09:30 PM
There's been a lot of research into binds, and I'm positive that it's SSH > Plate if you're below 100 Dung. I'm 90 at the moment, and the only thing I'd swap it for is a Hex.

Zelda
27-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Mm what I would say on that is that hex is quite overated. But ye its still good, however celcat users are also excelent, just not many seem to remember it atm, even tho it can tear even a t8 ranger without great difficulty, but why would u not use ur prom 2h on that anyway lol

---------- Post added 27-08-2012 at 09:50 PM ----------

Oh and an extra quick fact for hood -

12% of rooms will dehood you. People make it out to be most, but it rly ain't.

Kardan
27-08-2012, 10:00 PM
All the pro dungers use a Hex, and there's been considerable research into the DPS into all the weapons, and I'm sure the Hex came out on top, so, I have a reason to use it at least :)

Zelda
27-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Mm what to remember with pro dgers is that they actually often complain of the lack of mages, especially celcatters. Hex is all well and good but is useless as a weapon, acting more as a mage killing tool. I have no idea what u on about hex having highest dps, primal 2h has the obvious best one ;p what really is a problem about hex is if you get too many on a team, primal warriors down to Gorg become a pain in the backside to kill, so a balance should be strived. Ye hex is still excelent tho so I'm not putting it off at all.

Ideally tho I would say a perfect team would be -

Prim plate, prim 2h, blood neck, gaunts/hood, csb
Cel robe top, celcat, hood, prim baxe, csb
Prim plate, prim 2h, hex, blood neck/saggi bod, saggi arrows p++
Prim plate, prim rapier, prim 2h, blood neck/hex, saggi arrows/csb
Prim plate, prim baxe, hood, hex, saggi arrows p++ (keyer)

The importance there is that as many pro teams encounter, over 3 hexes starts to lower floor times. For instance, even bosses like Gorger u hex with 3, and any more seriously causes problems with warriors, fire giants and the mage weak bosses, especially hope and trio, tho I wouldn't say creeper mattered so much cause of super low def, and same for thundy tho a person well practiced at maging thundy is super useful for speeding him up.

---------- Post added 27-08-2012 at 10:39 PM ----------

O did I just call hopd mage weak, meant should be using mage on for him ;p meelee on him is like stupid

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!