PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Report Cut-off

iLogan
27-08-2012, 06:31 PM
I just tried to report some pointless -rep that I just realized I had and got told that it could not be removed because it was too old.

I don't think there should be an time cut-off (maybe like a year or something). If it's pointless - it's pointless. It doesn't suddenly become valid with time.

GoldenMerc
27-08-2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=757290 - Chris;
Why do you report every -rep you receive? Its someone's opinion so it isnt pointless... xxMATTGxx;

Chris
27-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Well if you leave it a whole month then you can't feel that strongly that it needs removing. Obviously I'm not going to sit here and remove a -rep from yonks ago, not to mention it's always been this way and has been made very clear in the support instruction thread.

nvrspk4
28-08-2012, 07:05 AM
It was implemented for two reasons:

1) Initially, we didn't want people to go way back and start reporting tons of -reps. We had a one-month period with an extended limit then brought it down to one month. Not as relevant now I suppose.
2) The important one: -rep requests are not tracked, they're dealt with and removed. This prevents people from re-reporting rep that is not removed.

Grig
28-08-2012, 12:53 PM
also forum rules are modified once every blue moon or so, thus it'll cause tons of unnecessary headache I'd assume :P.

lawrawrrr
28-08-2012, 12:58 PM
i hate the idea of removing reps anyway, it's someone's opinion. I've never asked for one to be removed as at the end of the day, I don't care that much about it. It's a number.

Chippiewill
28-08-2012, 01:40 PM
i hate the idea of removing reps anyway, it's someone's opinion. I've never asked for one to be removed as at the end of the day, I don't care that much about it. It's a number.
You can't say you hate the idea and then use not caring as a justification to back up your argument.

lawrawrrr
28-08-2012, 01:43 PM
You can't say you hate the idea and then use not caring as a justification to back up your argument.

I meant... it's unnecessary. People don't report pointless +rep so I don't understand why they so fervently report every -rep.... but I don't use that feature anyway. Besides, -rep (for the most part) are people's opinions - if someone's been rude they deserve to be -repped.

Chippiewill
28-08-2012, 01:46 PM
if someone's been rude they deserve to be -repped.
Under the new rules being rude allows a -rep to stick, the only things they're removing is revenge rep, pointless rep (i.e. no reason or a stupid reason) and rep for stuff elsewhere as it needs to be for the post which is why the rep button is on the post not the person.

lawrawrrr
28-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Under the new rules being rude allows a -rep to stick, the only things they're removing is revenge rep, pointless rep (i.e. no reason or a stupid reason) and rep for stuff elsewhere as it needs to be for the post which is why the rep button is on the post not the person.

yeah i know that................. but people are complaining because they can't get removed after it's old so i was just saying.

What happens if someone's rude to you, so you -rep them THEN POST BEING RUDE BACK, they -rep you.

Is that 2nd rep revenge or valid?

GommeInc
28-08-2012, 01:55 PM
-rep shouldn't really be removed. The person must have something against them to have an effect on their reputation - pointless, revenge or otherwise. Reputation is reputation, adding or changing the definition just confuses the matter.

Chippiewill
28-08-2012, 02:00 PM
The person must have something against them to have an effect on their reputation.
Rep is for individual events, not a grudge someone holds, if you start allowing rep on any posts people will start -repping the same person multiple times for one singular event.

GommeInc
28-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Rep is for individual events, not a grudge someone holds, if you start allowing rep on any posts people will start -repping the same person multiple times for one singular event.
The HxF definition of rep might be for individual events, but the globally accepted version has a more open definition. What if a person is making continuous remarks based from a past event and regurgitating it into the new thread? It must surely be valid as the event is on-going. If people are finding the time to wait a week between repping someone, they must have a dodgy reputation to warrant such behaviour. The same for +rep, they must be liked and words can not explain it. It seems like a lot of effort to ensure there is order.

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Someone with a powerful -rep can really do damage to someone, especially if they're new or just have a low rep.
"Oh okay, you're popular so your opinion matters more than someone else who is less popular" is kind of what is being said.

Why would anyone report pointless +reps?
Does ANYBODY have a problem with being liked more?
Is there someone on Habbox who would rather have a lower reputation even though someone clearly wants to give them a higher one?

CaptainAce
28-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Is there someone on Habbox who would rather have a lower reputation even though someone clearly wants to give them a higher one? Me. Rep isnt that important.

Catchy
28-08-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't get the big fuss about rep all the -rep i've received i haven't bothered to get it removed simply because it's just a hassle... i'm sure its not the end of the world

Alkaz
28-08-2012, 03:01 PM
How do you even report -rep..?

MKR&*42
28-08-2012, 03:04 PM
How do you even report -rep..?
http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1543 < Support forum I believe. I'm not entirely sure, I read the announcement and you use a prefix or something if it's about reporting rep.

http://www.habboxforum.com/announcement.php?f=1543&a=274 < The announcement.

Not 100% sure though, aint'd one it myself.

nvrspk4
28-08-2012, 05:02 PM
The HxF definition of rep might be for individual events, but the globally accepted version has a more open definition. What if a person is making continuous remarks based from a past event and regurgitating it into the new thread? It must surely be valid as the event is on-going. If people are finding the time to wait a week between repping someone, they must have a dodgy reputation to warrant such behaviour. The same for +rep, they must be liked and words can not explain it. It seems like a lot of effort to ensure there is order.

HxF Reputation /= the definition of the English word reputation.

That said, as I've said before, I wouldn't really mind if -rep was never removed :P

FlyingJesus
28-08-2012, 07:12 PM
"Oh okay, you're popular so your opinion matters more than someone else who is less popular" is kind of what is being said.

Well that is kinda how the world works yeah, I mean even if there's no genuine reasoning behind it people care more if someone fabulous like Britney Spears makes a comment about something than what some basement dweller with zero contacts thinks

How is "revenge rep" worked out? It seems like a redundant distinction to make considering there are already other criteria that rep currently has to meet in order to be deemed genuine

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 07:19 PM
That's what some people think, and they shouldn't.
Nobody's opinion is better just because more people like them.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 07:20 PM
That's what some people think, and they shouldn't.
Nobody's opinion is better just because more people like them.

An opinion is what someone thinks of you, so personally i think i should be allowed to -rep you, because i don't like you...
Just because i have a stronger rep power doesn't mean my opinion is worth more than yours, just means it will damage it more :)

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 07:38 PM
But reputation on this forum is about what you think of their posts.
Not what you think of the person, which is why revenge -reps and -reps for off-topic things are banned.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 07:39 PM
But reputation on this forum is about what you think of their posts.
Not what you think of the person, which is why revenge -reps and -reps for off-topic things are banned.
No its my opinion on you really :)
So what would you class as revenge rep, what if i -repped you 2 months ago, then you -repped me now? is that revenge?

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 07:42 PM
No, but if your post warranted a -rep, I'd give it.
It's not revenge if the post is actually rude etc.

I mentioned this somewhere else, that if all -rep given back is revenge, then by -repping someone you would obtain some form of immunity from any further -reps from them, as they would all be revenge.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 07:43 PM
No, but if your post warranted a -rep, I'd give it.
It's not revenge if the post is actually rude etc.

I mentioned this somewhere else, that if all -rep given back is revenge, then by -repping someone you would obtain some form of immunity from any further -reps from them, as they would all be revenge.

Well that's just silly, sounds like your so anti the real reputation because your actually scared of losing your reputation?

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Erm
I'm scared of losing mine, yes.

FlyingJesus
28-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Then don't make bad posts :P

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I try my best
Funny how I didnt get one -rep for joint showering, at all
But I get them in staff forums...

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 07:55 PM
I try my best
Funny how I didnt get one -rep for joint showering, at all
But I get them in staff forums...

Ever considering your attitude to be at fault for previous -reps?

lawrawrrr
28-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Are you saying staff deliberately target you?

I don't mean to be offensive here but you don't post a great deal around the forum, more in staff only so that probably explains it.

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 08:06 PM
No, they just seem to -rep me more

And plus, I wasn't being nasty there, just saying your price was silly

GommeInc
28-08-2012, 08:08 PM
HxF Reputation /= the definition of the English word reputation.

That said, as I've said before, I wouldn't really mind if -rep was never removed :P
"The beliefs or opinions generally held about someone" is the standard definition. The HxF has "... provided those opinions aren't in retaliation to someone elses opinions and beliefs, are coherent and those beliefs and opinions aren't about the person but the post they've made" bolted onto the end to complicate and skewer what reptuation really means :P HxF def. of reputation isn't about the person, but the posts it seems, when a bit of personality is a must seeing as rep effects the person not the posts :P

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 08:11 PM
If they changed the whole system so that if you didn't like someone, you -repped them, then you'd see a lot of people with really low scores.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 08:16 PM
If they changed the whole system so that if you didn't like someone, you -repped them, then you'd see a lot of people with really low scores.

Which is how it should be, if you arn't liked very much or you have done bad things, maybe things that break the rules you shouldn't have reputation...

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 08:21 PM
But then it goes round to "If you aren't liked, your opinion is worth less when +/-repping posts"
With 1 rep power, your opinion doesnt really hold much value in a +/-rep
With 50 rep power, it clearly is.

And if you haven't broken the rules, you should keep reputation?

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 08:22 PM
But then it goes round to "If you aren't liked, your opinion is worth less when +/-repping posts"

Well that just shows how respected you are throughout the forum really doesn't it?
Hmm that is a real good point...

FlyingJesus
28-08-2012, 08:23 PM

Are you suggesting that everyone have the same rep power and lose the ability to actually use it at all

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 08:24 PM
LOL are you being sarcastic, cos I thought it was a pretty good point.

There could be a twisted situation where rulebreakers -rep everyone for NOT breaking rules, and HxF would fall into anarchous times.

Not really FJ, but it would certainly equalise everything, and just have the number of rep on your profile, rather than a rep power

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 08:26 PM
ngl, that is the silliest thing you have ever said no wonder people -rep you...
People have been on this forum since 04, so thats 8 years... yet you want to make everyone's reputation even? People post for reputation also?
uh, you make me want to -rep you now, ok 2 late.

FlyingJesus
28-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Sure thing comrade, and we can all share post counts and everyone has admin so that no-one's above anyone else, and we'll all have the same username

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I want their rep power to be even, not reputation
"You have friends therefore you can hurt other people's reputation"

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Sure thing comrade, and we can all share post counts and everyone has admin so that no-one's above anyone else, and we'll all have the same username
WE WILL ALL BE EQUAL YOU WONT BE FLYINGJESUS AS JESUS MEANS YOU ARE HIGHER THAN US, YOU WILL BE FLYING PERSON.

I want their rep power to be even, not reputation
"You have friends therefore you can hurt other people's reputation"
Not at all? When have you ever experienced people repping in groups, that hasn't happened since late 05.

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 08:31 PM
What I mean is that if your friends +rep you a lot (I dont get many +reps), your rep power will be worth more

And FJ, I didnt say that at all

Everyone keeps their reputation, but just rep power is all reset to 1 permanently or something
No need to -rep me because I had a bad idea

MKR&*42
28-08-2012, 08:31 PM
WE WILL ALL BE EQUAL YOU WONT BE FLYINGJESUS AS JESUS MEANS YOU ARE HIGHER THAN US, YOU WILL BE FLYING PERSON.

Not at all? When have you ever experienced people repping in groups, that hasn't happened since late 05.

Did happen in spam the other month, sure some people tried to get loads in a thread to -rep bradtheladlong so he would end up with 2 red rep bars. But, in all fairness, he deserved all that -rep so that is another issue really.. :P

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Did happen in spam the other month, sure some people tried to get loads in a thread to -rep bradtheladlong so he would end up with 2 red rep bars. But, in all fairness, he deserved all that -rep so that is another issue really.. :P
He actually told people to -rep him lol.

MKR&*42
28-08-2012, 08:33 PM
He actually told people to -rep him lol.

Really, I can't recall that. Some members really are strange.. :S

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Really, I can't recall that. Some members really are strange.. :S

There is a member on this forum with like 11 red bars, he has as much negative reputation as i do postive his name goes along the name of ldeclan or something, one of the people with modcp will be able to tell you im sure. But he enjoyed -reps lol

MKR&*42
28-08-2012, 08:35 PM
There is a member on this forum with like 11 red bars, he has as much negative reputation as i do postive his name goes along the name of ldeclan or something, one of the people with modcp will be able to tell you im sure. But he enjoyed -reps lol

Wow ok, I will never be able to understand people. I do have an absolute urge to find this person now though.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Wow ok, I will never be able to understand people. I do have an absolute urge to find this person now though.

Was easy to find on members list, when it had the reputation column but i believe it glitched Recursion;

FlyingJesus
28-08-2012, 08:37 PM
What I mean is that if your friends +rep you a lot (I dont get many +reps), your rep power will be worth more

I don't know where people get the idea that I have a lot of friends lol, I'm really not very liked at all as far as I know

And FJ, I didnt say that at all

Everyone keeps their reputation, but just rep power is all reset to 1 permanently or something
No need to -rep me because I had a bad idea

I didn't -rep you, and that really would do very little other than to keep the current divides as big as possible, since it would take several years of constant repping for anyone to catch up with the big boiz if everyone only had 1 rep power

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I didnt mean you -repped me
You only did it the once months and months ago

But I did get a -rep because of a bad idea, but it wasn't from you

MKR&*42
28-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Was easy to find on members list, when it had the reputation column but i believe it glitched @Recursion (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=13064);

Oh I never knew a rep. column was displayed on the members list? Sounds nifty

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Oh I never knew a rep. column was displayed on the members list? Sounds nifty

Yeh its a default vbulletin thing, i think it broke

buttons
28-08-2012, 08:53 PM
yet again people complaining about getting someone with a high reputation -repping them but yet if they were to be pointlessly +repped by them then it wouldn't be an issue.
everyone with high reputation have been active and well respected members of the community. they are entitled to -rep who they wish just like anyone with a low power and i can honestly say none of them use their -rep (except for the exception of stephen, who let's face it.. has probably gained most his reputation FOR being such a troll in the first plce :P) to target someone just because they have a lower one or just because they can...
as for friends +repping other friends, pmsl... for one, i've seen staff with full green bars which used to be hard to achieve who have a low post count and mainly stay in the staff forums. so if there's any friendship repping going around, it's by them. not to mention some people win many habbo competitions to gain rep while most people with high reputation don't even play habbo. tis all fair.

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 08:56 PM
But again, who would complain about being +repped?
Nobody wants something good to be taken away from them (except apparently as Stacey said earlier, her) in exchange for nothing

You won the lottery, have £1m
nty

It's like that really

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 08:58 PM
But again, who would complain about being +repped?
Nobody wants something good to be taken away from them (except apparently as Stacey said earlier, her) in exchange for nothing

You won the lottery, have £1m
nty

It's like that really
Exactly, if your going to cry about -rep, may aswel report +rep aswel.
As thats only fair

FlyingJesus
28-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I believe the point is that if you're willing to accept someone's charity you have to be willing to accept their criticism too

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Well I'm not crying, but it's not nice to get -repped
Surely you cant think "I liked him -repping me and me losing 10 rep points"?

FlyingJesus
28-08-2012, 09:01 PM
THINGS I DON'T LIKE SHOULDN'T EXIST

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 09:03 PM
What?
That's true for like, genocide

FlyingJesus
28-08-2012, 09:04 PM
So now -rep is comparable to genocide

buttons
28-08-2012, 09:05 PM
sweetheart, the more you complain about -rep, the more likely you're going to receive it. you know what trolls are like here.
i have pagesssssssssssss of -rep from when i first started out and people had way higher rep power on average then and i've still got a decent amount of rep.
it's been here since the beginning, it's not (hopefully) gonna change now.

Catchy
28-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Well I'm not crying, but it's not nice to get -repped
Surely you cant think "I liked him -repping me and me losing 10 rep points"?

Nobody likes to be –repped but it’s the way the community works Alex, if you don’t want to receive negative rep then you should try and make your posts useful and constructive. Fair enough if you receive negative reputation for absolutely no reason at all (revenge rep and stuff) then report it and get it removed, it’s simple really. However I don’t know anyone apart from Habbic; who would revenge rep just for the sake of it… Most people have better things to do with their time. Personally I don’t tend to –rep and I only will if I strongly disagree with something, I don’t see the harm in that as that’s what the rep system is there for.

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes but unfortunately I have a lot of bad ideas, apparently.
And that makes people -rep me

Catchy
28-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Not to be blunt but if it keeps happening take the hint and stop with the ideas then lmfao!

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 09:10 PM
LOL I did try that, and -rep stopped
Not fair that my ideas wouldn't get heard, though

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Yes but unfortunately I have a lot of bad ideas, apparently.
And that makes people -rep me

Not to be blunt but if it keeps happening take the hint and stop with the ideas then lmfao!

Its not just your ideas, its your attitude after them. You don't back them up with sufficient backing, no backplate to the idea's which means no one really know's what your talking about, like your idea of making everyone have 1 rep power...

Catchy
28-08-2012, 09:12 PM
LOL I did try that, and -rep stopped
Not fair that my ideas wouldn't get heard, though

They got heard but people didn't agree with them, like Ross said it's probably because you don't back them up blahblahblah.

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I try to be helpful and suggest ideas, and frankly, I haven't spent my time researching whether it's a good idea.
I apologise if that isn't what you want me to do, but at least I'm trying, okay?

Catchy
28-08-2012, 09:17 PM
I try to be helpful and suggest ideas, and frankly, I haven't spent my time researching whether it's a good idea.
I apologise if that isn't what you want me to do, but at least I'm trying, okay?

I don't think anyone is saying this stuff to criticize you intentionally Alex, they're just trying to point out why you've received a lot of -rep.

FlyingJesus
That doesn't sound like trying at all lol

scottish
Nobody likes to be –repped but it’s the way the community works Alex, if you don’t want to receive negative rep then you should try and make your posts useful and constructive. Fair enough if you receive negative reputation for absolutely no reason at all (revenge rep and stuff) then report it and get it removed, it’s simple really. However I don’t know anyone apart from Habbic; who would revenge rep just for the sake of it… Most people have better things to do with their time. Personally I don’t tend to –rep and I only will if I strongly disagree with something, I don’t see the harm in that as that’s what the rep system is there for.

I don't think i've ever revenge repped? :P

CrazyLemurs
28-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Well I could just be like "good idea, yep i agree"

Catchy
28-08-2012, 09:18 PM

Well I'm sure you spam repped Red; before? LMAO same difference!

Kyle
28-08-2012, 09:20 PM
you sure? :P

scottish
28-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah it was for kicking me in rooms or banning me ;lll not revenge :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!