PDA

View Full Version : Design Profile Idea

Lewis
28-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok, I know you can do this as I've seen it done on this type of forum before. Basically, on your profile you should be able to change the background image, text colour and so on. This could be if you have bought donator. Or if your staff?

David
28-08-2012, 03:28 PM
even though theres an option to not show other users customisations, imo it will look silly when everyone has a different image and font etc.

Lewis
28-08-2012, 03:29 PM
even though theres an option to not show other users customisations, imo it will look silly when everyone has a different image and font etc.

maybe have some sort of limit so it wont look stupid. And it'd be for maybe staff or donators only dnno

Lee
28-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I remember this being a VIP+ or something ages ago when the forum was first upgraded :P

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Im sure this was done previously, and looked horrible

Yonder
28-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Doesn't this come down to habbo enforcing fansites to not give "perks" for donating to the site. (As to not take money that could be spent on habbo credits by users).

So we did have it when you could buy VIP but donator under the fansite rules cannot give you extras.

Lewis
28-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Doesn't this come down to habbo enforcing fansites to not give "perks" for donating to the site. (As to not take money that could be spent on habbo credits by users).

So we did have it when you could buy VIP but donator under the fansite rules cannot give you extras.

Then... we can give it to the lovely staff of Habbox!!! Plus, choosing a colour for your username is also a 'perk' isn't it?

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 03:36 PM

VIP is given out
Donator is bought
so if they added it to vip its fine, just not donator
ether way its horrible

Yonder
28-08-2012, 03:42 PM
VIP is given out
Donator is bought
ether way its horrible

True and i agree that it does look ugly.

Then... we can give it to the lovely staff of Habbox!!! Plus, choosing a colour for your username is also a 'perk' isn't it?

The choosing of the colour was something that was an exception that Habbo allowed.

Imo i would just sell VIP and VIP+ what do Habbo do for fansites? Nothing! Especially compared to what they used to do. Silly little list that is buried on the Habbo site. Pfft, fansites have to support them selves so why not. They should take a page out of the runescape fansite book.

Chippiewill
28-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Imo i would just sell VIP and VIP+ what do Habbo do for fansites? Nothing!
Because being diplomatic takes little effort but Habbo can lash back out of spite, e.g. they could add habbox to the filter.

lawrawrrr
28-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I think it makes profiles look messy, when Hecktix; (i think) used to have a different font it annoyed the HELL out of me. The small degree of uniformity we have here at Habbox is actually what sets us apart - a lot of people comment that the professionalism is better then a lot of other fansites.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I think it makes profiles look messy, when @Hecktix (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=31167); (i think) used to have a different font it annoyed the HELL out of me. The small degree of uniformity we have here at Habbox is actually what sets us apart - a lot of people comment that the professionalism is better then a lot of other fansites.

Totally agree, people wanting imaged names, multi colours everywhere. your at the wrong place head towards Habbcrazy for that sort of stuff. Stuff like that is un-original and vile imo

xxMATTGxx
I remember when a few admins used to have different fonts on their profiles and changed the colours and it just didn't look right. So I think bringing this back would be a bad idea.

Chris
Not very keen on the idea tbh. It just looks horrible and a right mess.

Lewis
28-08-2012, 03:56 PM
How about we can just have like different fonts? Edit the layout of our page. = it doesn't look messy :o

lawrawrrr
28-08-2012, 03:58 PM
How about we can just have like different fonts? Edit the layout of our page. = it doesn't look messy :o

like me and matt have said, someone used to have different font types and it really didn't look good. because different fonts fit in different places, it messed with the layouts and didn't look right

xxMATTGxx
28-08-2012, 03:59 PM

It does because the whole skin has specific fonts that it uses and when you come across a page that isn't using those fonts it just looks messy. The only place where fonts should be changed is in posts! :P

Lee
28-08-2012, 03:59 PM
brandon; had it for ages if I remember correctly...

xxMATTGxx
28-08-2012, 04:02 PM

He did but then it was disabled forum wide.

Yonder
28-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Jin also had it too.

Because being diplomatic takes little effort but Habbo can lash back out of spite, e.g. they could add habbox to the filter.

True. Money grab as per usual.

mrwoooooooo
28-08-2012, 04:23 PM
no point in it, its not like you spend ages looking at profiles

Chippiewill
28-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I remember this being a VIP+ or something ages ago when the forum was first upgraded :P
On the topic of VIP+ I'd personally love to have the name/title image colour switching feature given to normal VIPs.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 04:45 PM
On the topic of VIP+ I'd personally love to have the name/title image colour switching feature given to normal VIPs.

That'd be fairly cool

Lee
28-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Do elaborate for me? :D

xxMATTGxx
28-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Do elaborate for me? :D

Basically when VIP+ was around you normally had more than one colour. So you could switch from Dodger Blue to Orange then back again if you wanted.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Basically when VIP+ was around you normally had more than one colour. So you could switch from Dodger Blue to Orange then back again if you wanted.

was pretty cool, never used it tho.

xxMATTGxx
28-08-2012, 05:07 PM
was pretty cool, never used it tho.

I don't even remember how it was set up.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't even remember how it was set up.

I believe i know how to do it.

Lee
28-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Oh yeah I remember, that was great Chris; we should discuss how we can implement this or expand current VIP :D

Chris
28-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Sounds quite cool. Perhaps it could happen if Matt remembers how to do it.

GoldenMerc
28-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Matt Instructions -

You make colours joinable, sort of like how you done the HxSS teams, but you make them "no acceptance" and also make them so only they can join each othergroup

So e.g like this

Red
Blue
Green
Pink

Red can only join
Blue, Green, Pink

No outside usergroups can join them etc. Its quite complicated, once you've done one the rest are easy

brandon
28-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah I did, but it was weird because to me it still displayed as the default style, I agree that it's not something that we need to bring back though.

Andii
30-08-2012, 03:57 PM
VIP is given out
Donator is bought
ether way its horrible

i agree and Skynus may agree aswell as he knows what im like with colours :) imagine if i had this option my page would be a total colour mess and would probably blind users

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!