PDA

View Full Version : Full screen games on Dual Monitors?

:odey:
29-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Is it at all possible?
Every time I start one currently on my setup,

It shifts my first monitor half over to the second,
And everytime I click over to the second, the game closes?

I just want to have the game on the left,
And itunes on the right?

Is the only way to do this playing in windowed? :(

Tomm
29-08-2012, 05:23 PM
You'll only be able to click off the monitor to the second one if the game you are playing supports windowed fullscreen/borderless windowed. To change what monitor the game displays on then normally you should be able to change the monitor in the game config otherwise just make the monitor you want it to display on the primary monitor.

(just to add: you might be able to find a borderless windowed tool to force games into this mode that typically don't support this functionality but it might cause issues with the game and/or any anti-cheat engines used)

Kardan
29-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm not very apt with computers, so I wouldn't know for sure - but everytime I try it doesn't work. It'll just stick to the first monitor.

surferhobbit
30-08-2012, 10:58 PM
You'll only be able to click off the monitor to the second one if the game you are playing supports windowed fullscreen/borderless windowed. To change what monitor the game displays on then normally you should be able to change the monitor in the game config otherwise just make the monitor you want it to display on the primary monitor.

(just to add: you might be able to find a borderless windowed tool to force games into this mode that typically don't support this functionality but it might cause issues with the game and/or any anti-cheat engines used)

Exactly what Tomm said, without windowed mode, you can't do this.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!