PDA

View Full Version : Rate my DJ Set up :D

Fuseless
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l633/Nlunnhd/Photo0104.jpg

Just need an upgrade on my controller now and i think ill be sorted :D

Mark
01-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I didn't even know anyone used DJ Decks to DJ anymore lol, if you're talking about Radio DJing. However I like your setup although it's all a little cramped. Maybe get a new desk or something?

mrwoooooooo
01-09-2012, 04:03 PM
why do you need 2 laptops and a computer?

Fuseless
01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
The sony vaio has all of my, music on it and virtual dj pro 7 and that is litterally all, The imac is for my work, gaming and stuff like that and my macbook has got traktor 2 on it with my itunes account so it just works out easier, so depending on whatim doing ill use whichever one of them the imac's just there to show how apple mad i am:D :L

---------- Post added 01-09-2012 at 05:18 PM ----------

Mark im not a radio dj anymore :) I now do parties and sometimes clubs if i can get booked in :) Dont know if youve heard of it but i may be entering the dj competition at the birmingham nec BPM 2012 :)

Recursion
01-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I didn't even know anyone used DJ Decks to DJ anymore lol, if you're talking about Radio DJing. However I like your setup although it's all a little cramped. Maybe get a new desk or something?

That looks like a MIDI deck controller to me, becoming a lot more popular for scratching/mixing nowadays, even for radio.

Fuseless
01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
That looks like a MIDI deck controller to me, becoming a lot more popular for scratching/mixing nowadays, even for radio.

Yeah you would be right in saying that. Although it is used for radio's most radio DJ's prefer to use reloop products, no idea why? :L personally i prefer pioneer and numark except the new pioneer WeGo i think it is looks horrible, i'd stick to an ergo :L

DPS
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Maybe move out of your mums front room.. and go to the ******* basement.

Fuseless
01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Maybe move out of your mums front room.. and go to the ******* basement.

We have two lounges, thats more of a music studio? :L

Richie
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Nice man, what decks are they?

Fuseless
01-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Numark mixtrack's, i sold my ergo's :( but im hoping to get something nice from bmp this year as its just after my 18th :) ill post an updated picture then and ill take some pictures of the exclusive gear pre released at bpm for you guys to see if anyone is intrested in dj equipment

Richie
01-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Numark mixtrack's, i sold my ergo's :( but im hoping to get something nice from bmp this year as its just after my 18th :) ill post an updated picture then and ill take some pictures of the exclusive gear pre released at bpm for you guys to see if anyone is intrested in dj equipment

Are the any use? thinking of buying some decks to start off with

Fuseless
01-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Are the any use? thinking of buying some decks to start off with

Yeah they are very good for begginers, let me know your budget and ability and ill let you know what i think would be something good to start with :)

Richie
01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah they are very good for begginers, let me know your budget and ability and ill let you know what i think would be something good to start with :)

Ah I've been messing around with software for a long time now, pretty much limited though because with a mouse you can only do one thing at a time but with actual decks I can use both hands :P pretty much broke atm but it was more so something i'm hoping to get when I get some cash.

How much are those decks brand new?

Fuseless
01-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Ah I've been messing around with software for a long time now, pretty much limited though because with a mouse you can only do one thing at a time but with actual decks I can use both hands :P pretty much broke atm but it was more so something i'm hoping to get when I get some cash.

How much are those decks brand new?

That deck brand new you can pick up for about £119
however i would advise you to get the Numark mixtrack pro instead, as it gives you auto que points and will help your mixing alot better
and that will set you back £149.99-199.99
or if you want to go one better pick yourself up a pioneer DDJ Ergo from ebay for around £250-350 :) well worth it, anything else you want ask and ill help you out :)

Richie
01-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Cheers bro, it isn't anything serious, not yet anyway so it's an awful lot for something that might be a fail hobbie :P

Fuseless
01-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah guess so! just keep practicing though and it will come quite quick, i learnt from my dad though and have been surrounded by it my whole life! :)

Calvin
02-09-2012, 12:08 AM
That deck brand new you can pick up for about £119
however i would advise you to get the Numark mixtrack pro instead, as it gives you auto que points and will help your mixing alot better
and that will set you back £149.99-199.99
or if you want to go one better pick yourself up a pioneer DDJ Ergo from ebay for around £250-350 :) well worth it, anything else you want ask and ill help you out :)I managed to grab my Mixtrack Pro for £70 luckily, and it had only been used two times. Looking to upgrade around Christmas time though.

And don't you find it awkward at all with your laptop covering the top left of the controller?

Fuseless
02-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Uusally when i am mixing i will take away the imac keyboard and put the controller there so its not actually to bad, and its nice having it there because i can find songs easier i guess :)

Calvin
02-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Uusally when i am mixing i will take away the imac keyboard and put the controller there so its not actually to bad, and its nice having it there because i can find songs easier i guess :)Ah, fair enough but don't you worry about the bottom keyboard tray breaking whilst you're mixing? They never seem to be stable enough (at least mine isn't anyway). I have two tables set up with the controller on the left, and my laptop etc. on the other but I may look into getting a longer table so it's all on one soon.

peteyt
02-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Nice stuff. I could do with a CDDJ for my studio (radio station) we got some very cheap vinyl decks just because it was only £20 - I'm just a presenter but I'm wanting to entice some proper DJ's to join us someday

Fuseless
03-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Ah, fair enough but don't you worry about the bottom keyboard tray breaking whilst you're mixing? They never seem to be stable enough (at least mine isn't anyway). I have two tables set up with the controller on the left, and my laptop etc. on the other but I may look into getting a longer table so it's all on one soon.

Nah not really that worried it seems strong enough to hold all of my stuff anyway and the numark is actually quite light.

I was looking at trying to become an actual radio presenter i was suppose to try on my local radio station juice 107.2 but never did due to college work and everything.
And done some work experience at radio 2 and met fern cotton. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

Jongo
03-09-2012, 10:49 PM
If you're showing off your "DJ Set Up" probably would be a nice idea to include your speakers and headphones (with extra soundcard as mixtrack's don't have a headphone output) in the picture rather than a load of pointless other computers - if you have any that is?

But it's a decent controller to start off with for beginners, however it's responsiveness lacks at times I found when using a mates. I started off with Hercules E2's, then moved onto CDJ 300's now using a Traktor S4 controller it's the **** if you wanna still look at using controllers as I think they are the way forward! I take mine with me to gigs as I prefer it to standard provided CDJ's at most clubs!

Grig
04-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Everyone uses DJ decks who plays in clubs etc. Even for normal radio. Get with it Mark!

Not too sure why you need multiple screens though. One is by far enough. Also, what deck is that. I usually stick to traktors.

Fuseless
05-09-2012, 06:54 PM
i do have headphones, but they arent in the picture i have HDJ2000'S got them quite cheap actually so i am happy with that :) and the speakers wouldve been impossible to get in the picture as we have to 15inch 1000w amps :L use them for gigs and parties

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!