PDA

View Full Version : [.NL] Politics event...thing.

MKR&*42
03-09-2012, 08:39 AM
I can't even think of a thread title. You're gonna have to deal with a crappy translation sorry x

On 12 September parliamentary elections in the Netherlands. For Habbos to inform you of this issue come next Wednesday two "young politicians' visit at the hotel. To 16:00 , guests at the Coolpolitics Habbo Parliament chamber appear. If you have a question for them or about the subject, you can send it via the form in the room emerges.

If your question is chosen you get on 5 September a VIP "Badge" that you can get directly into the room and not have to wait in line. Did you not yet a member of the Coolpolitics group ? Become a member soon, because September 12 shares Habbo 1000 Coolpolitics Trophies out.

Never expected to see anything like that in Habbo really... :P. This is the VIP badge some gain I think - http://habbo.hs.llnwd.net/c_images/album1584/NL127.gif

And this is the trophy that was uploaded yonks ago

http://images.habbies.nl/ads_cp.png

CP = CoolPolitics or w.e It's still a very sexy trophy.

Ekelektra
03-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Good to know what that trophy is for! But I guess we won't be getting it.

I also don't think we would get anything like this on our hotel. I guess something political would be hard when its not just one country.

santa-my-nana
03-09-2012, 08:48 AM
How many people over on that hotel would be old enough to vote?

I like the stuff but i dont think politics should be intertwined with habbo

Jarkie
03-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Wow they both look horrid :/

Eric
03-09-2012, 09:32 AM
politics? lmao

the vip badge is hideous

Josh
03-09-2012, 09:51 AM
It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. It may entice some people to take a better look at politics in general.

auffant1
03-09-2012, 03:18 PM
The trophy is strange. The purple/pink doesn't match the bottom and overall yuck :P.

October
03-09-2012, 05:47 PM
That would be so interesting if they did this on .com for the US elections!
Because Obama is certainly looking for the youth vote - why not on Habbo where there are a lot of teenagers? I saw a pretty intense political debate going on about the electoral candidates the other day, too.

santa-my-nana
03-09-2012, 05:50 PM
That would be so interesting if they did this on .com for the US elections!
Because Obama is certainly looking for the youth vote - why not on Habbo where there are a lot of teenagers? I saw a pretty intense political debate going on about the electoral candidates the other day, too.

Problem is with that, there is so many countries in .com and it's unfair on those who are not in the us who are excluded really from taking part. Thats why something like this will never ever happen on .com

lawrawrrr
03-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I like that they're trying to actually educate younger players, but I can't see it getting too popular. At the end of the day, younger kids just aren't interested in politics, and especially in an international hotel like ours, it will probably never be implemented. The only possibility would be with a MASSIVE thing, such as US Presedential Elections, but Obama would never visit Habbo so I think that's pretty much out of the window!!

October
03-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Problem is with that, there is so many countries in .com and it's unfair on those who are not in the us who are excluded really from taking part. Thats why something like this will never ever happen on .com
Nonsense. While other countries may not be able to vote, they could still certainly attend. I mean, who we pick as president does, in a way, affect your own country; those of the world, really. Foreign relations and all that.

---------- Post added 03-09-2012 at 12:02 PM ----------

I like that they're trying to actually educate younger players, but I can't see it getting too popular. At the end of the day, younger kids just aren't interested in politics, and especially in an international hotel like ours, it will probably never be implemented. The only possibility would be with a MASSIVE thing, such as US Presedential Elections, but Obama would never visit Habbo so I think that's pretty much out of the window!!
Didn't the Queen visit Habbo UK in like 2005? or 06?

santa-my-nana
03-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Nonsense. While other countries may not be able to vote, they could still certainly attend. I mean, who we pick as president does, in a way, affect your own country; those of the world, really. Foreign relations and all that.

It doesnt really make much of a difference to our country, the guy maybe the most powerfull person in the world but over here thats absolute bollocks, to me the queen in the most powerfull as shes the Queen. She is the one i respect, I dont care about what goes on in america as much as other places because it doesnt affect us

lawrawrrr
03-09-2012, 06:52 PM

no...... she'd never do anything like that SURELY. I was playing then and heard nothing about it, can't find anything online so I severely doubt it.

dbgtz
03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
I can't even imagine the Queen using a computer let alone Habbo (Hotel).

Michael
03-09-2012, 09:10 PM
The trophy looks strange with the CP hanging off, I dislike it & it'll never fit into any room but a storage room.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!