PDA

View Full Version : Phones4U buying out contracts

GoldenMerc
06-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Hi,

Got a contract through carphonewarehouse about 8 months ago, Watched a advert on TV where they were saying they would put people in new contracts ect, then i researched and found this;
http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=133762

Can anyone explain?
Ross

EDIT - Got contact through phones4u

Jack!
06-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Yeah, they offered me £100 to pay off my contract and then get the new one with them, nearly did it but I decided not to, I get unlimited internet and texts + 300mins for £15 a month, they wanted me to change to £33 a month with Unlimited texts, 750MB internet and 200mins, with a HTC One X, And they threw in loads of goodies, but I decided to walk away and leave it.

Undesirable
06-09-2012, 09:15 AM
IF you get a good deal, they do actually buy you out your contract. I've done it, i currently have two contracts running, but i was given money to cancel my contract from 02. I've just been lazy and haven't stopped one yet. But they basically phone the company your with, drop your contract to the cheapest tarrif, work out whats left to pay.. then make you an offer on it. It will only really work out if your like... far enough into your contract. They won't do it if you've just taken out another phone contract and still have 12 months to go.

Jarkie
06-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I got my iphone from Phones4u, they paid the rest of my contract off, so now I'm with them.. awesome customer service online anyway.. the stores are just horrid.

Jack!
06-09-2012, 11:55 AM
IF you get a good deal, they do actually buy you out your contract. I've done it, i currently have two contracts running, but i was given money to cancel my contract from 02. I've just been lazy and haven't stopped one yet. But they basically phone the company your with, drop your contract to the cheapest tarrif, work out whats left to pay.. then make you an offer on it. It will only really work out if your like... far enough into your contract. They won't do it if you've just taken out another phone contract and still have 12 months to go.

I still have like, 6-7 Months on mine, and they offered to do it.

Undesirable
06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
My point i was trying to make was people that who just got into a contract with another company wouldn't get out of it. 6 months isn't that bad, like i said.. they drop it too a low tariff

Jack!
06-09-2012, 12:24 PM
My point i was trying to make was people that who just got into a contract with another company wouldn't get out of it. 6 months isn't that bad, like i said.. they drop it too a low tariff

Yeah I get the point, mine was something like £130 to get out of mine, And they said they could give me £100 to cover it.

Oasis
06-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm about 3 months into my 24 month contract, think they'd buy out of that?
Despise my HTC One X.

samsaBEAR
07-09-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm about 3 months into my 24 month contract, think they'd buy out of that?
Despise my HTC One X.
What don't you like about it? My One X is an absolute beast of a phone

Oasis
07-09-2012, 07:08 PM
What don't you like about it? My One X is an absolute beast of a phone

I just really don't like it. I would have been much happier with an iPhone.

Metric1
17-09-2012, 04:47 AM
lolll I need this.. I have 3 contracts OTG ATM

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!