PDA

View Full Version : Printer Problems + rep

Samantha
06-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Had an Epson Stylus Sx435 just got an Epson Stylus Sx235 today but neither will print. Says printing then nothing happens then it goes 'Error - Printing'

Works with scanning though not sure what else to do. It's wireless but got no USB to put in to see if that's the problem.

+rep if you're helpful.

Johnathan
06-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Go the the menu options on the Keyboard of the printer, configure it's WLAN settings to connect to your Wi-FI network. once that is done, add a new printer via Windows as a Network printer or run the CD in Your PC to find the printer and configure it on your system.

After that it should work... Granted you still have the installation CD lol..

However would you state which computer with OS you are running? I'm guessing this is a windows pc?

Samantha
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM
The printer doesn't have a screen so...

I'm on a W7 Laptop.

Been to online help they told me to do something with the WiFi nothing worked. Only working on my dad's Laptop (W vista) atm?

Johnathan
06-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm guessing the next step would be to completely uninstall the drivers on your computer. http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/support/2933 is the website where you can download updated drivers for the printer your talking about. If this doesn't work I'm pretty much at a loss. :S

Samantha
06-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Reinstalled it about 2 times already, ye been on that site they didn't really help much though!

.Shaun,,
06-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Go into your control panel and click on printers, then add printer then it should give you 2 options click 'find wireless printer'.

Hope this helps! :)

Samantha
06-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Go into your control panel and click on printers, then add printer then it should give you 2 options click 'find wireless printer'.

Hope this helps! :)

It's already linked upto the laptop though, it has it on the list it just won't print.

.Shaun,,
06-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Does it say online or offline on your laptop?

Johnathan
06-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Works with scanning though not sure what else to do.

Apparently its working online...

Samantha
06-09-2012, 05:46 PM

.Shaun,,
06-09-2012, 05:50 PM
I've read a few articles having the same problem and the answers seem to be you need to connect it via usb first.

Samantha
06-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Don't have a USB, I read that too but that was for windows xp not 7 :P.

Tomm
06-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Is this the printer?

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/overview/11101

It says it has a USB connection.

Don't have a USB, I read that too but that was for windows xp not 7 :P.

Samantha
06-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Is this the printer?

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/overview/11101

That's the one but we're using it wirelessly, for Windows 7 you don't need a USB. The old one used to work and I automatically set that up. Regardless if it needed a USB or not it wouldn't work on my dad's laptop then surely?

Automatic set-up compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS. USB cable not included. Initial Wi-Fi set-up requires a USB cable for Windows XP users.

Jack!
06-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Is this the printer?

I don't think she has the cable.

Demi
06-09-2012, 08:40 PM
That's the one but we're using it wirelessly, for Windows 7 you don't need a USB. The old one used to work and I automatically set that up. Regardless if it needed a USB or not it wouldn't work on my dad's laptop then surely?

Have you tried fiddling with settings on your dads laptop?

Samantha
06-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Have you tried fiddling with settings on your dads laptop?

Nope, I put it down to the windows he is on.

Demi
06-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Nope, I put it down to the windows he is on.

Hmm, maybe he hasn't allowed it to anyone else, I'm actually puzzled at it. Sorry

Samantha
06-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Hmm, maybe he hasn't allowed it to anyone else, I'm actually puzzled at it. Sorry

I installed it on mine first then his and mine didn't work but his did, this occurred yesterday with mine and my mum's laptop but solved problem as to why it doesn't work on hers.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!