PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME BUY A NEW LAPTOP ONLINE +REP

wixard
10-09-2012, 01:13 PM
hello, so my laptop dies every 25 minutes, and i need a new one for uni.

don't yell at me but i want a macbook pro. the 13" which on the apple website is 1299 euro

i don't mind paying that, as i've a bank account from family members with like 3k in it that's meant to be used over the next 3 years for uni supplies. HOWEVER if i can get it cheaper why not

is it better to buy from the apple website or elsewhere? is it possible to get it cheaper? i want it brand new.
i went resellers and it's same price....

thnx everyone

oops edit, i can get a 12% student discount knocking it to like 1140 euro or something
ANYTHING CHEAPER? i think i'm gonna have to go with this

Thread closed by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Due to the posts going off-topic.

Futz
10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
can you link to the one you want 'cause they offer various specs

are you dead set on a mac? if not before buying I'd look into the Sony Vaio S13 & Samsung Chronos as they offer better specs for a lower price, they both look neato too (they both offer student discounts too)

also, are you sure you want a 13" laptop, I can't deal with anything below 15" my sister has a 13" macbook and it's horrible!

wixard
10-09-2012, 01:34 PM
can you link to the one you want 'cause they offer various specs

are you dead set on a mac? if not before buying I'd look into the Sony Vaio S13 & Samsung Chronos as they offer better specs for a lower price, they both look neato too (they both offer student discounts too)

also, are you sure you want a 13" laptop, I can't deal with anything below 15" my sister has a 13" macbook and it's horrible!

http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/features/13-and-15-inch/

all it's needed for is my uni work, music, and some graphic design/editing
not dead set but fairly certain, i'll have a look at the ones you suggested now.

yeahhh my laptop screen right now is 17" i think, but it just seems huge to me. spent the summer with a 13" and it was so cute and compact. i have to lug this thing all the way across my city every single day so i want it to be lightweight.

Tomm
10-09-2012, 01:39 PM
You should be able to get more money off if you visit the apple store while on your campus network. When you are on the campus network you'll see the Higher Education apple store which gives higher discounts + 3yr warranty.

Futz
10-09-2012, 03:18 PM
I guess your best option would be to go straight through apple in this case, just really annoying how they put a 5400 RPM HDD in it, loads of manufacturers do this and it's just bad of them, the normal now should be 7200RPM but they cheap out!

For an extra £80 though, through the apple site you can put a 128GB SSD in it which would be a good option, boots things quicker, much quicker writeread speeds etc which would be great for college/normal use. Just really depends how much space you will use up

There will be about 110GB left after OS and apps etc I think

Do you think 110GB will be enough? If not go for the standard 750GB HDD but seriously, an SSD is a massive upgrade by todays standards so it's worth considering :D

Recursion
10-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Why did you even bother posting this thread, it's more about bragging than anything else, considering there is *nothing* we can do that you can't.

Mr-Trainor
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
The 12% student discount is probably the cheapest you'll be able to get it for. I'm buying one soon as well, with 12% discount, and can't find it cheaper than that anywhere else. If you buy it from Apple, using the education store, before 21 September, I think you'll also get a student gift card.

Futz
10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Oh also, if anyone in your family are a member of costco I remember seeing some really cheap deals in there once

wixard
10-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Why did you even bother posting this thread, it's more about bragging than anything else, considering there is *nothing* we can do that you can't.

are you serious.... i'm not bragging
it's a ******* laptop, and i'll be working my ass off to pay it back
pretty sure i work a lot harder than most of the people on this forum

anyway, because i looked it up on amazon and could get it for like 900 euro but i'm unsure if that's safe or not
wanted to see ways other people have bought it

Samantha
10-09-2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.johnlewis.com/231656819/Product.aspx
That's about 1249 in euro (not sure if they take euro or discount) but I know JohnLewis is an established thing.

A4R0N
10-09-2012, 03:59 PM
jus get the apple one macs are always reliable

Futz
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM

anyway, because i looked it up on amazon and could get it for like 900 euro but i'm unsure if that's safe or not

I think I saw that but it wasn't being sold by amazon but by a seller with 1 star 0% feedback! Don't do it! also, the one on the apple site has 8gb+2.9 i7 DC as apposed to resellers with 4gb/i5 etc just something to look out for

mrwoooooooo
10-09-2012, 04:11 PM
so are there any reasons you want a macbook other than because its a mac?

wixard
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM
so are there any reasons you want a macbook other than because its a mac?

um...nope.

that a problem for you?

mrwoooooooo
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
um...nope.

that a problem for you?

nope just curious (h)

wixard
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
nope just curious (h)

to answer you seriously, my course involves graphic design
and it needs to be lightweight to carry around

there you go

mrwoooooooo
10-09-2012, 04:34 PM

there you go

not gonna bother replying properly because i wouldnt be able to make you change your mind ;)

Oleh
10-09-2012, 04:47 PM
http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

:) Perfect for students who want overpriced garbage for a little bit cheaper ;)

Red
10-09-2012, 04:59 PM
You get a discount though apple for students!
http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/education_routing
http://www.apple.com/ie/students/

wixard
10-09-2012, 05:05 PM
i forgot it was cool to hate on macs

where's hoteluser when you need him

+rep to those who helped

mrwoooooooo
10-09-2012, 05:12 PM
i forgot it was cool to hate on macs

where's hoteluser when you need him

+rep to those who helped
not hating, you're being just a tad touchy imo.

Mr-Trainor
10-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I think I saw that but it wasn't being sold by amazon but by a seller with 1 star 0% feedback! Don't do it! also, the one on the apple site has 8gb+2.9 i7 DC as apposed to resellers with 4gb/i5 etc just something to look out for
Lol yeah, I was looking at them earlier. I'd only go for the ones which are sold by Amazon or 'fulfilled by Amazon'.

Recursion
11-09-2012, 07:38 AM

there you go

Yes, because you can't get the entire Adobe suite and various other highly regarded graphical suites on Windows. derp derp derp.

wixard
11-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes, because you can't get the entire Adobe suite and various other highly regarded graphical suites on Windows. derp derp derp.

your revenge rep was cute by the way im glad i must of hurt you.
we were recommended to get macs

Recursion
11-09-2012, 02:31 PM
we were recommended to get macs

Whoever recommended it you is a moron.

Teabags
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
PCWorld, JohnLewis and everywhere seem to be at least £999 for it to be new.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-MacBook-Laptop-Dual-Core-Graphics/dp/B005ZHUZ4E/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1347376062&sr=1-1
Amazon is only £50 difference, but it's £50. Goodluck xx

EDIT: + if you buy from Tronixcomputers rather than amazon you get a further 10% discount, but I don't like the Tronix site, so can't really link you any further m'dear.
BION also do something similar for £882-890

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-13-inch-MacBook-2-5GHz-Graphics/dp/B008BEYEL8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A300JER8JN7X51&qid=1347376371&s=generic&sr=1-1

wixard
11-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Whoever recommended it you is a moron.

considering he has a degree in graphic design from the school of visual arts in new york, i don't think so.

keep your opinions to yourself, pc nerd

mrwoooooooo
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
considering he has a degree in graphic design from the school of visual arts in new york, i don't think so.

keep your opinions to yourself, pc nerd
fo·rum/ˈfôrəm/
Noun:
A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

There is no difference between adobe on macs or pcs, apart from you will get a laptop that runs it just as fast as a macbook for cheaper.

wixard
11-09-2012, 04:21 PM
can i say to recursions mate who - repped me that asked why i made the thread if i was dead set on getting a mac

no you're wrong, i clearly say that i wasn't dead set in a reply to futz. and also, saying how i said i couldn't afford clothes in spam the other day. what... why would i say that, i have no money yes but that's just for transport... this money is in an account that my grandma has set aside for UNIVERSITY SUPPLIES ONLY.

@adam because you have a ridiculous name and i cba to quote you

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2356

why does it bother you so much, i think you're jealous :(

edit: and just incase you try to pointlessly pick this apart again, i've grown up with my macs. all my home computers have been macs, my first laptop was a mac. it's what i'm comfortable with and used to, my university computers are macs. if i'm used to doing all my work on a mac why would i get a laptop which is only about 100 euro cheaper and a completely different way of functioning to what i'm used to.

Recursion
11-09-2012, 04:35 PM
can i say to recursions mate who - repped me that asked why i made the thread if i was dead set on getting a mac

no you're wrong, i clearly say that i wasn't dead set in a reply to futz. and also, saying how i said i couldn't afford clothes in spam the other day. what... why would i say that, i have no money yes but that's just for transport... this money is in an account that my grandma has set aside for UNIVERSITY SUPPLIES ONLY.

@adam because you have a ridiculous name and i cba to quote you

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2356

why does it bother you so much, i think you're jealous :(

edit: and just incase you try to pointlessly pick this apart again, i've grown up with my macs. all my home computers have been macs, my first laptop was a mac. it's what i'm comfortable with and used to, my university computers are macs. if i'm used to doing all my work on a mac why would i get a laptop which is only about 100 euro cheaper and a completely different way of functioning to what i'm used to.

Because you didn't say anything like that before, if you had said you've used them before and know them better, then I'd had said fair enough, but as it was you seemed to be dead set on them for entirely stupid reasons.

wixard
11-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Because you didn't say anything like that before, if you had said you've used them before and know them better, then I'd had said fair enough, but as it was you seemed to be dead set on them for entirely stupid reasons.

but why should i have to? i was simply asking people if they knew the cheapest place online i could get one. i didn't ask you to 'look down' on my choice of laptop and tell me that i'm an idiot or trying to show off.... i shouldn't have to explain myself.
my money, my laptop, my choice.

Jack!
11-09-2012, 05:27 PM

That's a very narrow minded view to have.

I get up at 5am each day, have a 2 hour bus journey to work,work till 6pm, get hope at 8pm, rinse and repeat.
Had the day off today for the dentist.

there is a lot of computers you could get for the same price tag, you could get a better spec dell, yes, it's running windows, but you can get great software for windows which offers the same kind of programs as the mac, and with better spec you will find graphic editing better.

Something like this: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-14-l421x/fs

AlexJRiley
11-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Sod apple, get an alienware laptop...
http://www.alienware.co.uk/
You're welcome.

Jack!
11-09-2012, 05:38 PM
You're welcome.

For uni? Are you high or something?

Alienware are worse then apple for overpricing.

mrwoooooooo
11-09-2012, 05:46 PM
You're welcome.
/facepalm

Futz
11-09-2012, 05:49 PM
PCWorld, JohnLewis and everywhere seem to be at least £999 for it to be new.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-MacBook-Laptop-Dual-Core-Graphics/dp/B005ZHUZ4E/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1347376062&sr=1-1
Amazon is only £50 difference, but it's £50. Goodluck xx

EDIT: + if you buy from Tronixcomputers rather than amazon you get a further 10% discount, but I don't like the Tronix site, so can't really link you any further m'dear.
BION also do something similar for £882-890

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-13-inch-MacBook-2-5GHz-Graphics/dp/B008BEYEL8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A300JER8JN7X51&qid=1347376371&s=generic&sr=1-1

just want to point out that these are different spec macs than the one you linked saying you wanted (just incase)

annnnnd this thread is full of prats, I'm not a fan of apple as much as the next guy but I don't force my view or opinions on anyone, people need to grow up and stop being like "LEL I AM GOOD AT COMPUTERS SO I WILL FORCE MY SMUG ARROGANT VIEWS ON OTHER PEOPLE", you're not the first to realise macs are quite pricy for what they actually are, she never said MUST BE A MAC. She was open to suggestions but would prefer a mac which is understandable, it aint your damn money so stop bombarding her with you extensive turbo nerd knowledge

Teabags
11-09-2012, 05:53 PM
just want to point out that these are different spec macs than the one you linked saying you wanted (just incase)

missed the specs post. Thanks for the warning/ correction ^

wixard
11-09-2012, 06:02 PM
That's a very narrow minded view to have.

I get up at 5am each day, have a 2 hour bus journey to work,work till 6pm, get hope at 8pm, rinse and repeat.
Had the day off today for the dentist.

there is a lot of computers you could get for the same price tag, you could get a better spec dell, yes, it's running windows, but you can get great software for windows which offers the same kind of programs as the mac, and with better spec you will find graphic editing better.

Something like this: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-14-l421x/fs

so you commute two hours, don't know why you're adding that in as that's not working. i work 40 hours a week on top of 25 hours of uni a week, some of which i have to miss for work. i never said i worked harder than everyone i said most.
most people on this forum are under 18/at uni and don't work. there's a small percentage that do go to uni and work, or that do work a full time job and that is why i said most. you say i'm being rude, look at everyone else in this thread. it's called defending myself.

annnnnd this thread is full of prats, I'm not a fan of apple as much as the next guy but I don't force my view or opinions on anyone, people need to grow up and stop being like "LEL I AM GOOD AT COMPUTERS SO I WILL FORCE MY SMUG ARROGANT VIEWS ON OTHER PEOPLE", you're not the first to realise macs are quite pricy for what they actually are, she never said MUST BE A MAC. She was open to suggestions but would prefer a mac which is understandable, it aint your damn money so stop bombarding her with you extensive turbo nerd knowledge

i always just think they're bitter, mac vs pc is a never ending argument that some people can't just let go.
it's just people defending what they buy.

this thread got my post count up so much, yes

A4R0N
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
OMG my mac has a virus - said no one ever deal with it ladies macs are better

Richie
11-09-2012, 10:58 PM
oi windows fan boys, back off. So what if she wants to pay for an overpriced machine, if she has the money, why not? Give her some advice rather than slating her for not choosing windows (we all know that's the real reasoning behind it). sheesh.

Recursion
12-09-2012, 08:09 AM
oi windows fan boys, back off. So what if she wants to pay for an overpriced machine, if she has the money, why not? Give her some advice rather than slating her for not choosing windows (we all know that's the real reasoning behind it). sheesh.

What advice is there to give? She wants a Mac laptop, Apple only make 3 models. Pick the one she can afford and move on with life.

I also think you'll find these "windows fanboys" own Macs too ;)

Red
12-09-2012, 08:27 AM
What advice is there to give? She wants a Mac laptop, Apple only make 3 models. Pick the one she can afford and move on with life.

I also think you'll find these "windows fanboys" own Macs too ;)

Lets see mmm...Maybe the cheapest place to buy one online, which was the whole point of the thread????? You've offered nothing constructive at all. She said she wasn't dead set, so at least offer some better alternatives.

Recursion
12-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Lets see mmm...Maybe the cheapest place to buy one online, which was the whole point of the thread????? You've offered nothing constructive at all. She said she wasn't dead set, so at least offer some better alternatives.

Well it's pretty obvious that the cheapest place is going to be Apple through their Educational discounts page... Apple products are generally kept at retail value everywhere, which she could easily see by taking 5 minutes to look without us.

You guys are so easy to work up x

Matt
12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
I highly recommend a macbook. I've got one and do all my school work on it and It's really helpful. It's fast and i've had it for over a year without any problems. You can buy them on other sites but it might be quite hard to get brand new and never used but you most likely can, just depends how quickly you are wanting it. I'd love a pro simply because they're more modern (i have the first mac) but yeah they are expensive. Not too sure about how many you'll be able to get at a student discount though! D: Goodluck!!!

Edit: It took me to the first page of the thread so i am a bit behind and didn't see the rest of the conversation =/

wixard
12-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Well it's pretty obvious that the cheapest place is going to be Apple through their Educational discounts page... Apple products are generally kept at retail value everywhere, which she could easily see by taking 5 minutes to look without us.
You guys are so easy to work up x

i didn't know about the student discount prior to posting this thread,that's why it's in the edit.
what is wrong with me making a thread? maybe someone had information where i could get it cheaper, which in fact two people did.
one posted the refurbished store and the other pmed me with a link to amazon in which he got himself a mac for 800 pounds and could vouch for it.

i'm sorry that my - rep to you has gotten you so mad :(

GommeInc
12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I've not seen such a pretentious thread in this forum for such a long time!

So you're asking us for our opinion on you getting a Mac? As you clearly have your heart set on it and know all about the discounts, this thread is here just to brag and show off that you've got 3,000 Euros/Pounds/Dollars in a bank account to spend. You were literally asking for trouble from the set off.

Oh, and don't mistake a Graphics Degree graduate from New York as intelligent. If he thinks a Mac is all you need for Graphics Design then he clearly has his inflated ego so far up his backside like many other pretentious and insatiably rude Graphic Designers out there. It's his fault if he's stupid enough to buy into this false idea that Macs are for art and design purposes and nothing else. It's offensive to both Mac and PC users alike.

GoldenMerc
12-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I remember when i had a Graphics teacher at college and he said you wouldn't be half decent if you done it on a windows PC. he was a apple fanboy... never the less you get a nice discount for going through your uni.

wixard
12-09-2012, 11:41 AM
I've not seen such a pretentious thread in this forum for such a long time!

So you're asking us for our opinion on you getting a Mac? As you clearly have your heart set on it and know all about the discounts, this thread is here just to brag and show off that you've got 3,000 Euros/Pounds/Dollars in a bank account to spend. You were literally asking for trouble from the set off.

Oh, and don't mistake a Graphics Degree graduate from New York as intelligent. If he thinks a Mac is all you need for Graphics Design then he clearly has his inflated ego so far up his backside like many other pretentious and insatiably rude Graphic Designers out there. It's his fault if he's stupid enough to buy into this false idea that Macs are for art and design purposes and nothing else. It's offensive to both Mac and PC users alike.

can you read? this thread was to ask where i could get it the cheapest as i thought people may know somewhere better than the apple website. i didn't know about any discounts HENCE THE EDIT IN THE ORIGINAL POST. only after did i find out about the student discount, it's not advertised over here so i had no clue.

second, the intention of this thread was not to brag.... it's a ******* laptop. what's wrong with you people?
macs are recommended because ALL THROUGH FIRST YEAR YOU USE THE MAC COMPUTERS IN THE LABS
we've learnt everything through those computers, so why not make life a little easier for myself by getting a macbook.
many people in graphic design use macs, get over it. it's hardly my problem that they are regarded as 'design/art laptops' while pcs are regarded as 'business'

you clearly didn't read my original post or any posts in the thread

GommeInc
12-09-2012, 01:46 PM
you clearly didn't read my original post or any posts in the thread
No, because it was immediately evident that you have no intention to read what people have said and be incredibly rude in return. Why mention how much you have in an account? It was clearly added to brag, as no one needs to know how much money you have in a bank account.

You then go on to say "Pretty sure I work harder than most of you." How rude and pretentious. When someone asked are there any reasons you want a MacBook other than a Mac you responded with "nope", then asked that person "Is that a problem for you?"

You fit the Apple sterotype perfectly. It was completely unnecessary :/

EDIT: You also said in a post to Futz that you aren't "dead set" in getting a Mac. So which is it? You want a Mac and you wanted the cheapest option to get it - yet you also say you want anything that can do the job, with the suggestion by your teacher. It's no wonder people are annoyed because you don't really know what you want. You want a Mac and nothing else, yet you then try and say you want anything that can do the job, then get touchy over the subject while also getting rude.

HotelUser
12-09-2012, 02:31 PM
No, because it was immediately evident that you have no intention to read what people have said and be incredibly rude in return. Why mention how much you have in an account? It was clearly added to brag, as no one needs to know how much money you have in a bank account.

You then go on to say "Pretty sure I work harder than most of you." How rude and pretentious. When someone asked are there any reasons you want a MacBook other than a Mac you responded with "nope", then asked that person "Is that a problem for you?"

EDIT: You also said in a post to Futz that you aren't "dead set" in getting a Mac. So which is it? You want a Mac and you wanted the cheapest option to get it - yet you also say you want anything that can do the job, with the suggestion by your teacher. It's no wonder people are annoyed because you don't really know what you want. You want a Mac and nothing else, yet you then try and say you want anything that can do the job, then get touchy over the subject while also getting rude.

Your post was fine until you started identifying her with stereotypes. Doing that is stupid because obviously millions and millions and millions of Apple users aren't Steve Jobs Junior, and not all Windows users are gaming addicts or unknowledgable computer users as certain Mac Rumours users would have you believe. Don't become one of them.

wixard
12-09-2012, 02:49 PM

1) i don't think it's being rude it's defending myself. i wasn't the one that started off the rude posts, it was recursion.
2) because someone - repped me saying that i had said i barely had £5 for clothes.. which is a lie, i'm not bragging about the 3k in the account as the majority of it is going to be spent on books... i really couldn't care about how much money this forum thinks i have.... still don't get this whole bragging thing
3)it was adam that asked me that, adams probably the rudest person on the forum and i've known him a long time. it's how i talk to him
4)yeah i said i wasn't dead set, i'm just defending my reasons for if i CHOSE a mac. he posted the sony vaio which i'm looking into right now, it's the choice between them both.

i know what i want, but you're all SAYING that i'm dead set on a mac when i clearly stated in the beginning that i wasn't

mrwoooooooo
12-09-2012, 04:34 PM
fyi Red, thread title was HELP ME BUY A NEW LAPTOP

so why not recommend windows ones? :)

Red
12-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Fyi @mrwoooooooo (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=101287); I don't have any other laptops I'd like to recommend. Sorry about that! When I read the thread originally, I didn't see her edit about finding about the student discount, so I posted about that. At least my post was actually constructive, and not something like 'why did you even post this thread?' Would you all have reacted this way if she said she was buying a pc? lol :S You call her rude and pretentious when in reality, you come across as the real tech s****. I also don't think its 'pretty obvious' that apple is the best place to go Recursion. I got mine from pcworld mainly because they did me a deal and I liked their whatever happens insurance plan, which includes a replacement laptop while its being fixed, and covers accidental damage (unlike applecare).

mrwoooooooo
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Fyi @mrwoooooooo (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=101287); I don't have any other laptops I'd like to recommend. Sorry about that! When I read the thread originally, I didn't see her edit about finding about the student discount, so I posted about that. At least my post was actually constructive, and not something like 'why did you even post this thread?' Would you all have reacted this way if she said she was buying a pc? lol :S You call her rude and pretentious when in reality, you come across as the real tech s****. I also don't think its 'pretty obvious' that apple is the best place to go Recursion. I got mine from pcworld mainly because they did me a deal and I liked their whatever happens insurance plan, which includes a replacement laptop while its being fixed, and covers accidental damage (unlike applecare).
Go back and read my posts, not once did i tell tara to get a pc, only questioned why a mac.

my posts were constructive, thank you very much.

scottish
12-09-2012, 05:30 PM

not getting involved in the argument as it seems very boring

but buying a PC / real laptop would need to know budget as theres hundreds of different make/models you can get (or for PC parts to build for yourself etc).. so without a budget would be hard to recommend :P

Tech stars what?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=macbook for sake of being on topic.

Andii
12-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Wow this thread was exciting to read.

Miss tara is not a computer wizz and prob knows not much about computers and laptops so she takes advise from her teacher or friend about buying a mac. She then posts a thread about it letting others know what has happened her and that she is getting one but wants to know if there is cheap ones (because she does not know much about them as she doesnt have one) Then you have all the TECH PEOPLE obviously ganging up on her saying stupid thread and slamming her to the ground about it (Bascially a TECH WAY OF BULLYING which is against forum rules).

Not the sort of replies i would have expected from these "TECH PEOPLE" to reply with. Half the comments not even on the topic.

Anyway back on topic. My friend is like a MAC MAN lol obsessed with apple products and stuff but he says sometimes stores offer some sort of discount for students and things im not sure but he tried to get me to get one lol We had a uni talk and the lads in it said that MACbooks were the laptop you would need to have as its easier to use and create things due to apple having some apps or software that microsoft doesnt have?? im not sure lol not into all this computer software stuff lol

Recursion
12-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Wow this thread was exciting to read.

Miss tara is not a computer wizz and prob knows not much about computers and laptops so she takes advise from her teacher or friend about buying a mac. She then posts a thread about it letting others know what has happened her and that she is getting one but wants to know if there is cheap ones (because she does not know much about them as she doesnt have one) Then you have all the TECH PEOPLE obviously ganging up on her saying stupid thread and slamming her to the ground about it (Bascially a TECH WAY OF BULLYING which is against forum rules).

Not the sort of replies i would have expected from these "TECH PEOPLE" to reply with. Half the comments not even on the topic.

Anyway back on topic. My friend is like a MAC MAN lol obsessed with apple products and stuff but he says sometimes stores offer some sort of discount for students and things im not sure but he tried to get me to get one lol We had a uni talk and the lads in it said that MACbooks were the laptop you would need to have as its easier to use and create things due to apple having some apps or software that microsoft doesnt have?? im not sure lol not into all this computer software stuff lol

The thing is, she seemed to be dead set on buying a Mac from the get go, so there was little point in asking for advice, seeing as Apple only make something like 3 models. I'd like to point out that also the educational discounts are very clearly pointed out on the Apple website in a big green box, pretty hard to miss.

I didn't intend to bully anyone, nor cause an argument. I was simply stating the fact that from the first post she seemed to completely ignore the fact that non-Apple laptops even existed. I can fully understand wanting a Mac because you're used to it, but again, this was left from the OP.

As it stands, Macs have a lot of software, but nowhere near as much as Windows. What her graphics designer told her was utter rubbish, considering the fact that the entire Adobe suite was originally made for PC and actually still runs more efficiently on Windows based computers.

I'm not going to reply anymore because you lot know where I stand here and I have better things to do with my time than troll around HxF (although, it is kinda fun).

Andii
12-09-2012, 08:24 PM
The thing is, she seemed to be dead set on buying a Mac from the get go, so there was little point in asking for advice, seeing as Apple only make something like 3 models. I'd like to point out that also the educational discounts are very clearly pointed out on the Apple website in a big green box, pretty hard to miss.

I didn't intend to bully anyone, nor cause an argument. I was simply stating the fact that from the first post she seemed to completely ignore the fact that non-Apple laptops even existed. I can fully understand wanting a Mac because you're used to it, but again, this was left from the OP.

As it stands, Macs have a lot of software, but nowhere near as much as Windows. What her graphics designer told her was utter rubbish, considering the fact that the entire Adobe suite was originally made for PC and actually still runs more efficiently on Windows based computers.

I'm not going to reply anymore because you lot know where I stand here and I have better things to do with my time than troll around HxF (although, it is kinda fun).

You could have said that at the very start instead of simply saying what you said, then getting others involved to "attack" her. People say that if they post in spam they get attacked but from what i see in this thread i know where never to post asking computer advice from now on. People have their opinions on different laptops but doesn't mean we should shove it in her face on what to get, its not what the thread was created for, it was help looking for cheaper ones mainly a mac but other laptops would be good aswell aslong as they have the requirements for her course.

You don't walk into a computer shop and say i want this laptop because i get discount and others tell me to then expect the staff to say stop attention seeking and bragging about money???

and as for your last point trolling isn't the word bullying is what i would call it.

BTW tara if you find a decent one tell me please as i need a new laptop aswell lol

Thread closed by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): due to the posts moving off-topic.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!