PDA

View Full Version : .com advert - lmao...

shenk.
31-08-2005, 09:09 AM
k this is .com taking it to the extream with what there allowed to say unfortunatly if i say what it said habbox mod will just delete it =/

k so heres a lil notice to MODs this is on habbo.com so isnt against habbo way it dosent offend ether so leave it its fine.

http://tinypic.com/bgd0yd.gif

Col
31-08-2005, 09:15 AM
The word which is contained on the website as an advertisement is nature, it's not a bad word, a swear word or an offensive word, it's a word that people use in every day life.
The reason why this word has been added to the filter is simply because habbos who find it enjoyable to do some internet sexual activites often use this word.
There is nothing wrong with the word, it can also mean gender, as in male or female. So, I think this word is perfectly fine there. It's just people with the sick minds do like to make a mockery of it.

shenk.
31-08-2005, 09:23 AM
The word which is contained on the website as an advertisement is nature, it's not a bad word, a swear word or an offensive word, it's a word that people use in every day life.
The reason why this word has been added to the filter is simply because habbos who find it enjoyable to do some internet sexual activites often use this word.
There is nothing wrong with the word, it can also mean gender, as in male or female. So, I think this word is perfectly fine there. It's just people with the sick minds do like to make a mockery of it.
=/ no... im just saying if habbo block words then they shouldent let people advertise them.

also i love how u voided saying séx =l

Col
31-08-2005, 09:29 AM
They have only blocked the word because of stupid Habbos using it the wrong way.
I know what you are saying, and that's cool with me.
I don't see any harm in that word advertised on the US site.

We see it all after 9 o'clock anyway, don't we? :P

shenk.
31-08-2005, 09:30 AM
They have only blocked the word because of stupid Habbos using it the wrong way.
I know what you are saying, and that's cool with me.
I don't see any harm in that word advertised on the US site.

We see it all after 9 o'clock anyway, don't we? :P
lol and when i was at school (WOO! LEFT!) didnt u get sexual education for like 1month running every year -.-'

Col
31-08-2005, 09:36 AM
LOL, Well.. You could say that, so thats another reason why there is nothing wrong with the word at all :)

Nicky
31-08-2005, 10:45 AM

God damn you, stop acting like a know it all Moderator, I hate it when people act like they know it all it makes me feel like having a go at them and killing them in real life so stop it you fool! Habbo shouldn't even have the word "***" in a banner anyway, for instanse a 8 year old is on Habbo and see's that banner, he goes to his Mother and asks "Mummy what is ***?"

Think how the Mother will be when she heared her son asking what *** means! They should know better than to even put it there. I know it is a used everyday comment such as *** as in Gender, but that shouldnt be there, im sure www.HabboHotel.com (http://www.habbohotel.com/) has had some emails asking about that banner and i'm sure it will be taken down soon or have the word "***" Removed from it and have somthing else for it. I've not seen that banner myself so if someone could please tell me what the thing is about it would be much easier to talk about. Anyway good find Shenk. i've not seen that, your right for pointing this out good job!

On other note: www.HabboHotel.com (http://www.habbohotel.com/) has gone crazy with advertisements currently got 4 different pop-up windows and over 20 banners.

Stupid Really eh?
+Rep to Shenk

The *** is the word in the picture, reason being *** is due to Habbox Filter

Col
31-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Well Nicky, I am proving a valid point! 8 Year olds are not allowed to access Habbo Hotel USA, It is for 13+, so it is in no way Habbo Hotel's fault if an 8 year old access the hotel and see's the banner displaying that word.
A mother and father should be caring about what their children know, and I am agreeing with you there - But, children need to know what natural things mean, such as this word displayed on the banner, thats why schools have sexual education lessons during science classes regularly, people in primary schools also learn about sexual education, if you want to prove a point, prove it to Habbo USA or Sulake HQ it's self, and stop being the bad guy, there is NOTHING wrong with this word.

BLuweesH
31-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Well that's an erm...intriguing ad? What about the kids that giggle at that word? o.O

superkat!
31-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Kids get pregnant at 13. Kids have *** at 13. So habbo arent really doing anything wrong by using that ad.

Tommy
31-08-2005, 09:26 PM

Seriously as said above dont act like a moderator,you dont need to talk like some "Know it all" to be like on the forum , you would be prefered not to be.
You sound like a moderator and its irritating.

superkat!
31-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Seriously as said above dont act like a moderator,you dont need to talk like some "Know it all" to be like on the forum , you would be prefered not to be.
You sound like a moderator and its irritating.

Its called helping

Tommy
31-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Its called helping

Its called being a Know it all, he didnt ask for help, he asked for a discussion.

shenk.
01-09-2005, 03:50 PM
that took a while to read um... Really though it habbo bobba it out should come out bobba in the ad to >.> Lol

SHlP
02-09-2005, 01:26 AM
God damn you, stop acting like a know it all Moderator, I hate it when people act like they know it all it makes me feel like having a go at them and killing them in real life so stop it you fool! Habbo shouldn't even have the word "***" in a banner anyway, for instanse a 8 year old is on Habbo and see's that banner, he goes to his Mother and asks "Mummy what is ***?"

Think how the Mother will be when she heared her son asking what *** means! They should know better than to even put it there. I know it is a used everyday comment such as *** as in Gender, but that shouldnt be there, im sure www.HabboHotel.com (http://www.habbohotel.com/) has had some emails asking about that banner and i'm sure it will be taken down soon or have the word "***" Removed from it and have somthing else for it. I've not seen that banner myself so if someone could please tell me what the thing is about it would be much easier to talk about. Anyway good find Shenk. i've not seen that, your right for pointing this out good job!

On other note: www.HabboHotel.com (http://www.habbohotel.com/) has gone crazy with advertisements currently got 4 different pop-up windows and over 20 banners.

Stupid Really eh?
+Rep to Shenk

The *** is the word in the picture, reason being *** is due to Habbox Filter

I See some1 Woke up on the Rong side of the Bed :'(:@

Ballistik
02-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Kaiora made a good point. The problem is not Kaiora, it's everyone ELSE on the forum. (well most) she's NOT a "know it all" or a "wanna be". It's that most of you make pointless posts and just repeat what the person before says, instead of reading the whole thread. If everyone was like Kaiora, This forum would be WAY MUCH BETTER
and some actual mature people would join and post, not some kids who lie about their age on the internet and argue about pointless stuff. But no, nobody listens. I guesseh oneh paerson cantt chnage NEthing.

If you didn't get it, the last sentece was typed like that on purpose, since most of you don't type accurate and never heard of, "Edit" or atleast "Preview Post". :blue_doub

Just to make things clear: I am not trying to make habbox look bad or anything, it's called advice. I'm trying to make habbox better by getting into the kid's heads and tell them to get off the internet, or atleast get some typing lessons. Oh and by the way, I want to stay on habbox, I like habbox and all of it's great features like the news, the people ON HABBOX Forum are the ones that get on my nerves. so don't post back telling me,
"U dunt haev 2 B here U now" :eusa_snoo

Random
02-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Kids get pregnant at 13. Kids have *** at 13. So habbo arent really doing anything wrong by using that ad.

No offence but you seem to be trying to steriotype 13 year olds when clearly that is not always true. I'm 15 and proud to be a virgin lol :P

Cool-kitten007
02-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Hmm are any hobbas on there gold yet or is there still like 10 Silver hobbas in every room u walk in

Ballistik
02-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Hmm are any hobbas on there gold yet or is there still like 10 Silver hobbas in every room u walk in
And what does that have to do with this thread? :eusa_naug

Col
02-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Kaiora made a good point. The problem is not Kaiora, it's everyone ELSE on the forum. (well most) she's NOT a "know it all" or a "wanna be". It's that most of you make pointless posts and just repeat what the person before says, instead of reading the whole thread. If everyone was like Kaiora, This forum would be WAY MUCH BETTER
and some actual mature people would join and post, not some kids who lie about their age on the internet and argue about pointless stuff. But no, nobody listens. I guesseh oneh paerson cantt chnage NEthing.

If you didn't get it, the last sentece was typed like that on purpose, since most of you don't type accurate and never heard of, "Edit" or atleast "Preview Post". :blue_doub

Just to make things clear: I am not trying to make habbox look bad or anything, it's called advice. I'm trying to make habbox better by getting into the kid's heads and tell them to get off the internet, or atleast get some typing lessons. Oh and by the way, I want to stay on habbox, I like habbox and all of it's great features like the news, the people ON HABBOX Forum are the ones that get on my nerves. so don't post back telling me,
"U dunt haev 2 B here U now" :eusa_snoo

Thank you so much for your honesty and comment.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!