PDA

View Full Version : Making SAM work better

surferhobbit
11-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi all,

So I was messing with my SAM and Stereo Tool and wondered why my PC with it's Core i5 and 12GB of RAM is making audio sound really messy when using ST, I popped open Task Manager and had a quick look and as it turns out, SAM, by default, only sets itself to a single core (esp when being used with ST, even if it's in mulitcore mode) so...

Open SAM (with ST if you have it/use it)
Open Task Manager
Click Processes
Locate SAMBC.exe
Right click SAMBC.exe
Click "Set Affinity..."
Click the check box for "<All Processors>"
Click OK
Watch SAM work so much better!

Thanks
Rich

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Thanks for letting us know! I'll try this next time I DJ! :D

hamheyelliot
16-09-2012, 05:24 PM
That's pretty nifty, it seems a lot more snappy than usual utilising both cores. Is it permanent or will I have to set it at every launch?

peteyt
17-09-2012, 12:39 AM
I know SAM Broadcaster had in old versions a problem with multi cores that caused it to freeze I wonder if this was their idea of a work around.

surferhobbit
23-09-2012, 05:53 PM
That's pretty nifty, it seems a lot more snappy than usual utilising both cores. Is it permanent or will I have to set it at every launch?

For now you have to set it every time you launch SAM

I know SAM Broadcaster had in old versions a problem with multi cores that caused it to freeze I wonder if this was their idea of a work around.

I only find it freezes when exiting sometimes, no other time, as long as "Save All Configuration" is done before exit, there's no issue

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!