PDA

View Full Version : VIP Forums

Johnathan
12-09-2012, 04:42 PM
In the VIP forum description it says it's a place to chat. Yet the only thing you can really do is request changes or such. Why is there no actual forums for posting...?

Sorry if this has been posted before.

xxMATTGxx
12-09-2012, 04:43 PM
In the VIP forum description it says it's a place to chat. Yet the only thing you can really do is request changes or such. Why is there no actual forums for posting...?

Sorry if this has been posted before.

An old description of when VIP Forums used to be more than requesting your features. This was around the time VIP was on sale instead of donator.

Johnathan
12-09-2012, 04:44 PM
An old description of when VIP Forums used to be more than requesting your features. This was around the time VIP was on sale instead of donator.

Oh okay. That makes sense. Thanks Matt!

Chris
12-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I've changed it to "A place for VIP's to request features and also get information off administrators."

Mathew
12-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I've changed it to "A place for VIP's to request features and also get information off administrators."
You don't need an apostrophe in "VIPs" and it would sound better without "also". Sorry, I couldn't help but say.. :'(

What information are the admins gonna release to us? :P

Chris
12-09-2012, 04:57 PM
You don't need an apostrophe in "VIPs" and it would sound better without "also". Sorry, I couldn't help but say.. :'(

What information are the admins gonna release to us? :P

I didn't do that first bit but I'll change it anyway :( & information includes the stuck threads.

Mathew
12-09-2012, 05:07 PM
I didn't do that first bit but I'll change it anyway :( & information includes the stuck threads.

Good stuff, thanks Chris!! :)

Jarkie
12-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Perhaps make it so VIP's and donators can see the forum.

Chris, you say get info from the Admins, yet the only info thing I've seen within is just name changes; title changes.. nothing more as such.

David
12-09-2012, 05:09 PM
could do with a rearrange, different forums in there that arent really needed (excluding name changing)

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Requesting Features is also needed S:

David
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Requesting Features is also needed S:

requesting features is just a thread, could easily go in the main vip forum

Chris
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM
I don't think anything really needs changing.

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Btw, since we're talking about VIP stuff. Does anyone actually check how much VIP a person had before giving them the rep? xD

I'm really curious about this. Lol.

Johnathan
12-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Perhaps make it so VIP's and donators can see the forum.

Chris, you say get info from the Admins, yet the only info thing I've seen within is just name changes; title changes.. nothing more as such.

The features between the two usergroups are different permission wise I believe... So I don't know how this would work. o.0

Jarkie
12-09-2012, 05:25 PM
The features between the two usergroups are different permission wise I believe... So I don't know how this would work. o.0

It's quite easy to allow 'usergroups' see different parts of the forum, aha - I know this due to me owning a vBulletin and the Admin CP makes life so much easier ;)

Johnathan
12-09-2012, 05:33 PM
It's quite easy to allow 'usergroups' see different parts of the forum, aha - I know this due to me owning a vBulletin and the Admin CP makes life so much easier ;)

I know that. I also own a vBulletin license. Just seems pointless to have the same VIP / Donator users using the same forum.

David
12-09-2012, 05:36 PM
why not just have a chat in spam instead of bringing donator to vip forums :P

Jarkie
12-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I know that. I also own a vBulletin license. Just seems pointless to have the same VIP / Donator users using the same forum.

Hmm perhaps. the reason its so pointless nowadays is down to the fact Habbo don't allow fansites to sell 'bonuses' But maybe if they reintroduce the 'VIP Manager' they can set it up for more interaction among the users who win events/pay for the coloured name; by them sorting out the VIP section..

At the moment its just filled with un-needed threads that were made years ago; (When habbo allowed the sale of bonuses).. just needs one big clean out :) - I think donators should be allowed to change their name too; afterall they did (99% of the time) paid for it.. js.

Grig
12-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Btw, since we're talking about VIP stuff. Does anyone actually check how much VIP a person had before giving them the rep? xD

I'm really curious about this. Lol.

Yup, Brandon does a good job at that :).

It's also about time someone had the balls to argue with Sulake over VIP. Or subtly add more features to donator.

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
why not just have a chat in spam instead of bringing donator to vip forums :P

Why not just chat in Spam wether you're VIP/Donator or not?

I don't see why a VIP only chat is so important, and VIP forums are not even really used if you don't need to change your username/usertitle..

Grig
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Why not just chat in Spam wether you're VIP/Donator or not?

I don't see why a VIP only chat is so important, and VIP forums are not even really used if you don't need to change your username/usertitle..

You weren't here in the olden days where HxF was more popular and loads of VIP (sub) forums were used as an exclusive chat, hence where threads like the KKK came from stickied in spam.

It's an additional feature, which has in the past few years become redundant. It's a great logic now though, sadly times have changed.

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
You weren't here in the olden days where HxF was more popular and loads of VIP (sub) forums were used as an exclusive chat, hence where threads like the KKK came from stickied in spam.

It's an additional feature, which has in the past few years become redundant. It's a great logic now though, sadly times have changed.

I think norms/Donators/VIPs should all have the same chats S: Not being VIP doesn't mean that idk your sense of humour isn't as good or neither are your ideas. S:

The Don
12-09-2012, 08:07 PM
I think norms/Donators/VIPs should all have the same chats S: Not being VIP doesn't mean that idk your sense of humour isn't as good or neither are your ideas. S:

You're paying for extra features... Why should non contributing members get access to it when others donate?

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 08:22 PM
You're paying for extra features... Why should non contributing members get access to it when others donate?

You already get extra features.

The Don
12-09-2012, 08:23 PM
You already get extra features.

Why remove this one? :rolleyes:

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Why remove this one? :rolleyes:

In my opinion, the other features are good. Getting more space for the signature, the avatar, getting a cool color in your username and being able to change it, etc.

The chat one I don't see how it's usefull. S:

The Don
12-09-2012, 08:39 PM
In my opinion, the other features are good. Getting more space for the signature, the avatar, getting a cool color in your username and being able to change it, etc.

The chat one I don't see how it's usefull. S:

So you're arguing for a place where everybody can chat regardless of whether they have bought vip or not? Do you see the flaw in your argument?

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 08:42 PM
So you're arguing for a place where everybody can chat regardless of whether they have bought vip or not? Do you see the flaw in your argument?

I'm not arguing for anything, much less for a place where everyone can chat, since that's almost everywhere.
I was posting my point of view on which you commented, so I answered.

The Don
12-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm not arguing for anything, much less for a place where everyone can chat, since that's almost everywhere.
I was posting my point of view on which you commented, so I answered.

Why remove it when there's no bonus for doing so?

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Why remove it when there's no bonus for doing so?

Now I'm confused. Remove what?

The Don
12-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Now I'm confused. Remove what?

The VIP Section? :S

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 08:57 PM
The VIP Section? :S

I never said I wanted to remove that? o.o

The Don
12-09-2012, 09:03 PM
I never said I wanted to remove that? o.o

I may have misinterpreted "I think norms/Donators/VIPs should all have the same chats S: Not being VIP doesn't mean that idk your sense of humour isn't as good or neither are your ideas."

But VIPs can still make threads in that section so you would be in favour of removing that section? To which I ask "What's the point of removing that when there are is no bonus in doing so?"

LiquidLuck.
12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I may have misinterpreted "I think norms/Donators/VIPs should all have the same chats S: Not being VIP doesn't mean that idk your sense of humour isn't as good or neither are your ideas."

But VIPs can still make threads in that section so you would be in favour of removing that section? To which I ask "What's the point of removing that when there are is no bonus in doing so?"

About the first part, I meant chats as in places to talk, like we have now. Right now the VIP part of the forum is basicly to request username change, usertitle, ask for the rep..

About the second one, which section are you talking about?

Chippiewill
12-09-2012, 09:31 PM
VIPs can post threads in the main VIP sub-forum above the features forums.

As far as removing it I really don't see the point, it's just a place for random spontaneous discussion once every few months, a place to co-ordinate christmas song lyrics stuff and randomly plotting against non-VIPs.

xxMATTGxx
12-09-2012, 09:37 PM
I say leave it as it is.

lawrawrrr
12-09-2012, 09:41 PM
it's just used as features requests, but it's nice to know if you needed somrthing specific for vips you could post a thread? Doesn't really need changing, especially not for donators, as they can't use any of the request features thread :/

Kardan
12-09-2012, 09:43 PM
If the request features thread can be implemented somewhere else, then I say get rid of the forum - there's no need for it, it's just a VIP only spam forum, and considering the spam forum is pretty empty these days, the VIP one never gets used - last thread in April. Of course, it doesn't really matter, I usually never scroll that far down the forum's homepage anyway.

xxMATTGxx
12-09-2012, 09:46 PM
If the request features thread can be implemented somewhere else, then I say get rid of the forum - there's no need for it, it's just a VIP only spam forum, and considering the spam forum is pretty empty these days, the VIP one never gets used - last thread in April. Of course, it doesn't really matter, I usually never scroll that far down the forum's homepage anyway.

But if something that has stayed the same for say a good number of years and isn't much a problem - Surely it should be left alone? It's not like its causing any harm or something that needs changing immediately. Technically it is just a place to request VIP features

lawrawrrr
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
DON'T NEED FIXING IF IT AIN'T BROKE

it's used for like the xmas vip song thing as well so it's not like it's just requesting threads (a)

Chippiewill
12-09-2012, 09:48 PM
If the request features thread can be implemented somewhere else.
I'd personally rather not confuse Brandon by moving it. Besides the logic behind keeping it is fairly sound:

Does keeping it negatively impact the forum? No.
Does removing it positively impact the forum? No.

Kardan
12-09-2012, 09:52 PM
But if something that has stayed the same for say a good number of years and isn't much a problem - Surely it should be left alone? It's not like its causing any harm or something that needs changing immediately. Technically it is just a place to request VIP features

Yeah, sure - it does no harm, I was just wondering if there was an easier way of implementing it with vbulletin crap than just a thread :)

Chippiewill
12-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, sure - it does no harm, I was just wondering if there was an easier way of implementing it with vbulletin crap than just a thread :)
You could have all the requests in the support forum instead, and let brandon do rep again like he used to because he was awesome at it and not biased..

xxMATTGxx
12-09-2012, 09:56 PM
You could have all the requests in the support forum instead, and let brandon do rep again like he used to because he was awesome at it and not biased..

People would complain about the reputation removal anyway regardless who actually did it. Plus we would have to make it so they could see outside the support forum and let users know what features they can request. It's just easier where it is now.

brandon
12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
I agree that it's fine where it is, to be honest.

Chippiewill
12-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Plus we would have to make it so they could see outside the support forum and let users know what features they can request.Separate threads for features (I think brandon can cope with that), add a post to this thread http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=272477 (p.s. needs updating, replace scott with chris and such) with details of VIP stuff.

Not that I'm suggesting we do this, I see no reason in moving the stuff. Although I don't see any harm in moving the name changes to the support forum and allowing the standard "I want my habbo name" requests to be put in there too.

xxMATTGxx
12-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Separate threads for features (I think brandon can cope with that), add a post to this thread http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=272477 (p.s. needs updating, replace scott with chris and such) with details of VIP stuff.

Not that I'm suggesting we do this, I see no reason in moving the stuff. Although I don't see any harm in moving the name changes to the support forum and allowing the standard "I want my habbo name" requests to be put in there too.

Moving it to the support forums would require a user to check a thread outside the support forums and then back in so they can request them. It's not like they are private matters either so may as well keep it where it is. Been there for years and people will come across it.

Chris
12-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Separate threads for features (I think brandon can cope with that), add a post to this thread http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=272477 (p.s. needs updating, replace scott with chris and such) with details of VIP stuff.

I'll update that thread tomorrow.

Anyway, why is it that people want us to change something that doesn't really need changing?...

Chippiewill
12-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Moving it to the support forums would require a user to check a thread outside the support forums and then back in so they can request them. It's not like they are private matters either so may as well keep it where it is. Been there for years and people will come across it.
Oh I whole-heartedly agree, I was merely presenting it as an option should someone give a convincing case for actually moving all the stuff. I do feel that it would make more sense for the name change sub-forum to be merged with the support forum, or abolish it all together. It seems rather silly to have some name changes as PMs to the FM and other name changes in a VIP sub-forum, it seems more sense to keep it all in one place.

On the note of the name change request forum the thread relating to it needs updating as I do not believe that Yoshi still does the VIP name changes:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=301582

Hiding
12-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Why not just put ' request forums ' as a sub-forum or whatever that is called. The real one should be for VIP chat.

lawrawrrr
13-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Why not just put ' request forums ' as a sub-forum or whatever that is called. The real one should be for VIP chat.
cos the current VIP forum (where members are allowed to post) doesn't get used, so it'd be an empty forum.

Hiding
13-09-2012, 12:09 AM
cos the current VIP forum (where members are allowed to post) doesn't get used, so it'd be an empty forum.

oh. but the guy who posted this thread will probably post threads for members to post, so it wouldn't be so empty.

lawrawrrr
13-09-2012, 12:15 AM
oh. but the guy who posted this thread will probably post threads for members to post, so it wouldn't be so empty.
Severely doubt it. I mean if he wanted to, and wanted to prove it'd be used then fair enough, give it a trial, if it's used implement things, if it's not don't bother. I personally don't see the point in having an elitist forum when all of the posts would be fine in the normal forum :/

Hiding
13-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Severely doubt it. I mean if he wanted to, and wanted to prove it'd be used then fair enough, give it a trial, if it's used implement things, if it's not don't bother. I personally don't see the point in having an elitist forum when all of the posts would be fine in the normal forum :/

This is true. But I agree with it being given a trial, just a week trial. If no one really posts in it, just delete/forget about it.

lawrawrrr
13-09-2012, 12:26 AM
This is true. But I agree with it being given a trial, just a week trial. If no one really posts in it, just delete/forget about it.

then you could say that about all sorts of sub-forums. at least food+drink (for example) gets posted about once a week, the vip forum hasnt been posted in for as long as i've been here :// If people wanna give VIP chat a go then why not start it in the forum, THEN post a feedback saying IT'S USED MAKE A SUBFORUM.

The only possible use I can see is a spam thread (similar to staff spam) which would be open to all VIP users, rather than a new thread each time.

Johnathan
13-09-2012, 01:25 AM

then you could say that about all sorts of sub-forums. at least food+drink (for example) gets posted about once a week, the vip forum hasnt been posted in for as long as i've been here :// If people wanna give VIP chat a go then why not start it in the forum, THEN post a feedback saying IT'S USED MAKE A SUBFORUM.

The only possible use I can see is a spam thread (similar to staff spam) which would be open to all VIP users, rather than a new thread each time.

Cba the energy for new threads... I was just curious lol...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!