PDA

View Full Version : old whisper

Mathew
13-09-2012, 03:58 PM
yo,
alright you know ages ago when people would whisper in like 2005.... I've completely forgotten how you'd do it? did you have to stand next to the person? did you just click them and select "whisper" from the dropdown box and it would work? did it come up in a lighter shade so you knew it was a whisper?

oh and also... did it used to come out as like "....e.......m......th....w..." for whisper, or was that just when you'd "say" stuff from a distance?

THANKS,
Matt

GoldenMerc
13-09-2012, 04:02 PM
clicked the drop down and clicked whisper :)

wixard
13-09-2012, 04:02 PM
there was no drop down

what

oh yeah the one in the typing bar thing

Red
13-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Ooo I think you had to be beside them and select whisper from the drop down. It was a lighter shade and in italics. If you were too far away from a person when they were saying something, you wouldn't be able to hear it.

TonyBest
13-09-2012, 04:06 PM
There used to be a drop down where you would click whisper, then clicked on the person you wished to whisper to

Oh and as for the whole ...a... chat thing, that was when you weren't in range of the person talking in "Say" mode.

j0rd
13-09-2012, 04:42 PM
There was a speech bar with a drop down menu of Shout, Say and Whisper, you needed to be within a space of the person and they would need to be selected.

That's how it worked from what I remember

http://icap.me/i/vfJJ2X4g3o.png

Johnathan
13-09-2012, 04:57 PM
There was a speech bar with a drop down menu of Shout, Say and Whisper, you needed to be within a space of the person and they would need to be selected.

That's how it worked from what I remember

http://icap.me/i/vfJJ2X4g3o.png

All you had to do was select whisper and click on the person so the avatar was present. That's it.

j0rd
13-09-2012, 05:11 PM
All you had to do was select whisper and click on the person so the avatar was present. That's it.
You needed to be within a space of the person too

MKR&*42
13-09-2012, 06:09 PM
yo,
alright you know ages ago when people would whisper in like 2005.... I've completely forgotten how you'd do it? did you have to stand next to the person? did you just click them and select "whisper" from the dropdown box and it would work? did it come up in a lighter shade so you knew it was a whisper?

oh and also... did it used to come out as like "....e.......m......th....w..." for whisper, or was that just when you'd "say" stuff from a distance?

THANKS,
Matt

That was when you were too far away from someone in the same room and thus, they couldn't see what you were saying. As said earlier.

karter
13-09-2012, 07:30 PM
You needed to be within a space of the person too

it was later upgraded to 5 tile space

vito201-:D
14-09-2012, 03:56 PM
In the past there was a drop down box to select shout/say/whisper... but you could also use the command :whisper x (HabboUK) (x got changed into the usersname that was selected) or write the name in full...
or the command Whisper and select an account (Or write the name in full) on HabboUS (Still works now I'm pretty sure...)
And you've always been able to use the shift button while pressing enter to send a speech-bubble to shout.
- Alex (Shenk).

LiquidLuck.
16-09-2012, 01:54 PM
I miss old Habbo, but these changes were really useful.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!