PDA

View Full Version : Book Club~ The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

the.games
13-09-2012, 09:14 PM
The citizens of Panem have voted, and this weeks discussion will be about...

http://Habbox.com/text/34/The+Hunger%20Games%20Catching%20Fire

----------------

Peeta and Katniss have returned from the games alive, but they must still convince everyone that their love for one another is true, or risk their families lives.

Surprises wait around every corner in The Hunger Games: Catching fire.

---------------

Remember to get involved for your chance to win 1 months forum VIP.

Discussion is now closed.

---------------

Umbrella- has been nominated for the 'Book Club Member of the Month' award for his contributions to this thread, and is now in with the chance of getting herself 1 months forum VIP.

Well done!

the.games
15-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Remember to get discussing before the discussion closes on Thursday!

Happy Discussing

karter
16-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I read the first five chapters, I'm hooked up :-)

may finish it within a week but i have tests. I have a question though, there were three gunshots heard in district 11, one of the person who was killed was the man who whisteled rue's tune, who were the other two? or is it revealed in any upcoming chapter |-)

the.games
19-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Discussion closes tomorrow night!

Sloths
20-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Tries not to post too many spoilers for those who haven't read but gonna be hard, although this is my least favourite of the trio it's still a fab book. I think it's a little predictable sometimes with the whole they have to go back in and all that but I loved the whole atmosphere of the quarter quell! I think the arena and the whole gameplay was much better than the first book, I guess as they'd all played before, and how they all stood by each other throughout the competition. Although sometimes predictable the writing was actually so well written that (if I can remember) when I first read the book I was as clueless as Katniss to the whole break out. The haymitch scene was also one of my fav parts, getting to see behind his drunkardness. It's one of the books I actually cried at the end, where district 12 got blown up... had to put the book down for a sec to even comprehend it.
Oh my god I love Finnick though he is amazing and my favourite character in the entire thing. I loved how chill and funny he could be through it all and even though Sam Caflin wasn't the one I wanted to play him I can't wait for the movie!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!