PDA

View Full Version : LoveFilm instant

scottish
14-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Basically does anyone use it / recommend it?

Have had netflix since like feb and use the US and UK versions.

Does LoveFilm have a lot more movies or more series to offer than netflix? and does it have decent quality (I remember some time ago I read on xbox it only streams at 720p), does it offer on same devices?

I use netflix on PC, Phone (android), xbox and WDTV, would lovefilm be able to do the same?

I'm not scrapping netflix to buy it (i.e. so no this has more than this :P) just wondering if theres more varied so i'm not paying twice for the same films and it'll stream same quality as netflix

Recursion
14-09-2012, 06:54 PM
I tried both and found LoveFilm wasn't anywhere near as good as Netflix content wise.

Chippiewill
14-09-2012, 06:56 PM
When Netflix UK first launched their libraries were basically identical, if you're using the US version of Netflix in addition then adding Lovefilm as well will achieve you nothing.

Netflix long term is more likely to succeed anyway since they have better industry connections.

redtom
14-09-2012, 07:26 PM
LoveFilm is an awful service, I've never found anything I was looking for on it and anything on it tends to be moves you've seen or shows you can watch online legally. Their an even worse company, I'm shocked they're owned by Amazon, the customer service is the worst I've ever come across.

mrwoooooooo
14-09-2012, 08:28 PM
When Netflix UK first launched their libraries were basically identical, if you're using the US version of Netflix in addition then adding Lovefilm as well will achieve you nothing.

Netflix long term is more likely to succeed anyway since they have better industry connections.

lovefilm is owned by amazon... they'll both be as good as each other

xxMATTGxx
14-09-2012, 09:52 PM
I found the Netflix service to be a lot better than Lovefilm.

Caution
14-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Can't believe everyone prefers Netflix.. I cancelled it cause I found Lovefilm to be a lot better with a lot more choice.

Jack!
14-09-2012, 11:02 PM
I use Lovefilm, seems to have more films, but less TV content then Netfix, maybe that's just me.

scottish
14-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Can't believe everyone prefers Netflix.. I cancelled it cause I found Lovefilm to be a lot better with a lot more choice.

Most websites recommend netflix over lovefilm as well due to apparently lovefilm only streaming in 720p on specific devices and has limit to like xbox/ps3/pc/ipad lol...

US netflix supposedly has 10k different titles to offer where as lovefilm is on like 7k.

but yeah not sure, people said they had issues with cancelling lovefilm as well as online not working and customer services being absolutely crap which seriously puts me off it.

AlexHenry
15-09-2012, 06:20 PM
LoveFilm is AWFUL. DO NOT USE THEM! My mum wanted to give them a try because they had a stand in West Quay. We sat down, good value, on iPad etc. Amazon owned company. Got home pleased got a good deal and basically every new film they deliver it to your house and you only get a few a month. The online streaming is good but there are hardly any films you want to watch. It's RIDICULOUS.

Oleh
15-09-2012, 08:10 PM
I only use Lovefilm for Games. The instant side is good, for some people e.g. I watched all 3 seasons of Ultimate Force on it :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!