View Full Version : sweetim virus

Lewis
14-09-2012, 10:01 PM
hi everyone, i got the sweetim virus. It steals information so on blah blah, I have tried to remove all files, but apparently it hides someone -- does anyone have any extra information incase theres more file virus things on my computer???

Moved by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything'.

xxMATTGxx
14-09-2012, 10:07 PM
It would actually be best to just save anything you want to keep such as personal photos, important documents and reformatting the hard drive and getting the operating system reinstalled. That way you can be sure it is 100% off the system.

Kushja
14-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic440781.html)

A4R0N
14-09-2012, 10:09 PM
REP TO MATTG FOR HIS WONDERFUL ANSWER

xxMATTGxx
14-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Theres also this that might help you as well: http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-remove-search-sweetim-com-hijacker-virus-search-sweetim-com-manual-removal-guide/

Never used it though, so if you do anything on there then its at your own risk.

REP TO MATTG FOR HIS WONDERFUL ANSWER

Is that sarcasm?

Edit: Never mind, you did give me the rep. Thanks :P

A4R0N
14-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Theres also this that might help you as well: http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-remove-search-sweetim-com-hijacker-virus-search-sweetim-com-manual-removal-guide/

Never used it though, so if you do anything on there then its at your own risk.

Is that sarcasm?

Edit: Never mind, you did give me the rep. Thanks :P

see mattg i'm a good guy kiss

Lewis
14-09-2012, 10:45 PM
It would actually be best to just save anything you want to keep such as personal photos, important documents and reformatting the hard drive and getting the operating system reinstalled. That way you can be sure it is 100% off the system.

thx for the reply, but I really can't do system restore... I have lots of things I need on my computer, videos, pictures, files, programs, paid for things and so on -- and it'd be far too impossible to transfer so many things! I'll see what I can do though :(
+rep

David
14-09-2012, 10:57 PM
always handy to have an external hard drive, this being one of the reasons
agreeing with mett ghana about the restore

xxMATTGxx
14-09-2012, 10:59 PM
thx for the reply, but I really can't do system restore... I have lots of things I need on my computer, videos, pictures, files, programs, paid for things and so on -- and it'd be far too impossible to transfer so many things! I'll see what I can do though :(
+rep

Not got any external hard drives or USB sticks? Would be ideal to back up the videos/pictures/documents on that. In terms of the programs surely you can download them again, you just need the registration details handy.

Lewis
14-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Not got any external hard drives or USB sticks? Would be ideal to back up the videos/pictures/documents on that. In terms of the programs surely you can download them again, you just need the registration details handy.

Nope, don't have any --- and hundreds and hundreds of files are scattered all over my computer, and it'd take a very, very long time to find the important ones :(

Stephen
15-09-2012, 12:03 AM
damnnnnn if that virus can hide someone then I think I might get it to hide my sister

Munex
15-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Nope, don't have any --- and hundreds and hundreds of files are scattered all over my computer, and it'd take a very, very long time to find the important ones :(

How important is it if you don't even know where to find it though.

Lewis
15-09-2012, 10:17 AM
How important is it if you don't even know where to find it though.

...i do know whereit is, itsthe fact that everything is somewhere different.

triston220
16-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Do a MalwareBytes Anti-Malware scan. But not in safe mode.

Mikey
16-09-2012, 02:01 PM
I got a key-logger a couple of years ago and the person was talking to me on Habbo telling me my passwords everything really and said to me if I don't do **** he'll **** up the computer or w/e. I'm like to myself is that right? Disconnected my router, backed up all my files and reset the computer to the factory settings and all was good. :)

Aiden
16-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I've had SweetIM for agers, I didnt even know what is was. :O

Jutnux
16-09-2012, 03:34 PM

Then let this be a lesson to you: back **** up.

Edited by efq (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly or anything that doesn't contribute much positivity to the discussion, thanks.

Lewis
16-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Then let this be a lesson to you: back **** up.

nah, I don't wanna waste money or time.

My lesson is: Don't let my family on my computer to download things which are viruses ;)

---------- Post added 16-09-2012 at 06:40 PM ----------

I've had SweetIM for agers, I didnt even know what is was. :O

It's spyware virus. Change all your details and so on. Files will be scattered all over your computer, and even when uninstalled you must manually find the rest -- including removing it from your browsers.

Aiden
16-09-2012, 05:43 PM

My lesson is: Don't let my family on my computer to download things which are viruses ;)

It's spyware virus. Change all your details and so on. Files will be scattered all over your computer, and even when uninstalled you must manually find the rest -- including removing it from your browsers.

..Well that sucks. Thank You.

Tomm
16-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Are you serious? It is quite frankly really silly not to implement some kind of reliable backup solution and since you claim to have important stuff on your computer I'd assume it would be a massive inconvenience to you if you lost all this data. This massively outweighs the minor inconvenience of spending a few minutes setting up a reliable backup solution. Assuming you have a reasonable upload speed and not TBs of data to backup then I'd recommend something like CrashPlan. In addition to backing up to CrashPlan's servers (low monthly payment) you can also set it up (for free) to backup to external devices and other computers either owned by yourself or someone else you trust.

Lewis
16-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Are you serious? It is quite frankly really silly not to implement some kind of reliable backup solution and since you claim to have important stuff on your computer I'd assume it would be a massive inconvenience to you if you lost all this data. This massively outweighs the minor inconvenience of spending a few minutes setting up a reliable backup solution. Assuming you have a reasonable upload speed and not TBs of data to backup then I'd recommend something like CrashPlan. In addition to backing up to CrashPlan's servers (low monthly payment) you can also set it up (for free) to backup to external devices and other computers either owned by yourself or someone else you trust.

...I was joking, no need for the large reply. But my main one is not to let my family download things on the computer, butdon't worry I am getting a backup thing lol :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!