PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] My attempt at a simple Alt

MultiKaching
15-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Nothing special, just a simple alt I was working on for fun. Any tips/comments? I'm not that great at the moment, but I'm trying to get better. :rolleyes:

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/7448/strongcoderreading.png

David
15-09-2012, 10:57 PM
something dodgy about his arm, i dont think we should be able to see his shoulder and it seems a little long to me
i would personally take off the glasses and point his eyes towards the pages (probably add some lines for words too)

nice work

Kelster462
16-09-2012, 12:43 AM
So much better then what I can do but the arm is a little wider, other then that it's really good.

SackRace
16-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Fantastic, I quite like this. Just the arm is abit dodgy as Dave said but good work bud.

Aiden
16-09-2012, 11:01 AM
The only problem is the arm like stated above but the rest is great. It's better then anything I could of done. Well done.

LiquidLuck.
16-09-2012, 01:26 PM
The arm looks really weird S: and about the book, it doesn't look even and you need to add some lines :P

Apart from that, looks cool. Well done.

j0rd
16-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I like it, the arm looks a tad dodgy as said above however.

hamheyelliot
16-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Nice simple alt, can't help but notice a little bit of smoothing on the face area which detracts from it a little bit!

MultiKaching
17-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah, I agree the arm looks kinda weird but I couldn't figure out how to fix it. Gonna try shortening it a little, and maybe widening it a pixel or two. As far as the shoulder goes, I figured the shoulder should be visible. He's supposed to kinda be leaning towards his left, with his weight on that arm. I agree it looks a little off though, not sure how to fix the shoulder area.

I was totally gonna add lines to the book's pages, forgot all about that! It's not supposed to look completely even though, I wanted it to be a little sideways (cuz when ur reading irl, when do you always have it straight? :P ), but yeah, probably would have been for fitting for Habbo to have it straight.

The face... argh, I worked a while on the face and tried a few different things. The first two times I tried PS's transform tool, with and without the (what I call) the "blur/smooth option". The one that blurs on re-size was of course too blurry, and the other option was just way off on its pixels. I also tried to completely make the face from scratch, but never could get the aspect right. I ended up just using PS's transform tool (with blurring) and then tried to fix it up the best I could. I think around the glasses is where I notice it the most, I tried cleaning it up more in that area, but afterwards the glasses always turned out to look blocky. Any ideas?

JerseySafety
17-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Good alt, although I think his head looks a bit funny. The angle it's on just looks weird. Awesome attempt though! Well done.

Andii
18-09-2012, 11:40 AM
wow nice work =] =] yea agreed arm looks weird lol =]

,Abbey
20-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Arm looks weird, otherwise nice alt xx

Rainbow
21-09-2012, 06:53 AM
nice alt although the arm looks dodgy like others have said :(

Regret
21-09-2012, 08:05 AM
The guy looks as if he has autism and he's derping himself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!