PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Developer Center

xxMATTGxx
18-09-2012, 10:06 AM
It seems Sulake has decided to open up a developer center for Habbo. By the looks of things it is wanting to attract people who are able to create games. So pretty much for the game center on the hotel itself from what I can see. Quite interesting to see them do this!

Habbo Gaming API is open!

So what is this all about? We have decided to open up a bit and let third party developers to develop games for our users. This opens a whole new world for us, our users and also for game developers. We have researched our users a bit, or actually more than a bit. And the result is.... they like games! Not that surprising considering that our users are teens.

Habbo Gaming API is not a rigid toolkit for making games. We actually let you make your game with the tools you like, as long as it works with a modern web browser. We are all about driving users to your game and also providing tools for you to monetize your game play. Of course we have some rules, like that the games have to be suitable for teens. So no gore-gambling-shooters please :)

At the moment we will only accept developers from companies and educational institutes but fear not! It is not going to be last forever. Later on when we have learned a bit more about this API-business we will open the site for everybody.

https://dev.habbo.com/

auffant1
18-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I like the idea. Hopefully this brings in more user-friendly games.

Nick
18-09-2012, 10:49 AM
This sounds really interesting! I would love to see the games people make!

j0rd
18-09-2012, 05:38 PM
I've requested an invite, interesting to see how far this goes!

Pigperson
18-09-2012, 07:29 PM
That sounds pretty cool. I think the users are best choice for improving the hotel.

Will

Aaron
18-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Sounds like a really interesting idea. Let's hope we get some new, exciting games from Developers.

It'll be good to see what others outside of Sulake can up with! :)

Shorty
19-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Before requesting an invite, you may want to read their terms of use.
"Only legal entities with a valid company-ID number are allowed to open a Developer Account."

Also, it looks like the game center will once again be updated..
"The Habbo Game Center allows Purchasers to comment on and rate Applications."

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!