PDA

View Full Version : Best pay as you go "plan".

MKR&*42
18-09-2012, 05:08 PM
1) Pay as you go, not contract please xxxxxxx (Self explanatory title tbh).

2) I'm not overly fussed about calls really - I rarely call anyone and prefer texting so much more.
3) I'd prefer a pay as you go "plan" (if there is one, I'm nearly clueless with mobiles xD) that has unlimited texts/a number much higher than my current 300 and a "large" amount of internet usage... if I top up X amount a month obviously.

I'm really not overly fussed by the company, unless someone comes up with a fantastic reason not to use X, Y and Z. I'd ideally not like to spend a great amount of money but meh. I'm with vodafone at the moment btw.

Samantha
18-09-2012, 05:11 PM
http://giffgaff.com/

£10 a month gets 250 minutes, unlimited texts and web. Plus you get free texts to other GiffGaff users (it's a part of 02 or something etc).

Also I suggest not using Orange or T-Mobile.

Teabags
18-09-2012, 07:13 PM

£10 a month gets 250 minutes, unlimited texts and web. Plus you get free texts to other GiffGaff users (it's a part of 02 or something etc).

(: Good ol' giffgaff.
I'm a cheapskate though + would've gone with the £5 goodybag.

EDIT: just read the web use thing. I'm not very observant.
£10's better.

Chris
18-09-2012, 07:21 PM
The £10 giffgaff goodybag is great, especially if you don't plan on making a lot of calls but still want to text or browse the net.

MKR&*42
18-09-2012, 07:41 PM
The £10 giffgaff goodybag is great, especially if you don't plan on making a lot of calls but still want to text or browse the net.

(: Good ol' giffgaff.
I'm a cheapskate though + would've gone with the £5 goodybag.

EDIT: just read the web use thing. I'm not very observant.
£10's better.

Are there many giffgaff users or not (in regards to the whole free texts to those on GiffGaff as well), tbh I only heard about it a week ago and have never known many people who have GiffGaff IDK,

It does look pretty amazing though. I had Orange before Sam, didn't really like it.

Samantha
18-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Are there many giffgaff users or not (in regards to the whole free texts to those on GiffGaff as well), tbh I only heard about it a week ago and have never known many people who have GiffGaff IDK,

It does look pretty amazing though. I had Orange before Sam, didn't really like it.

I think GiffGaff is becoming more popular, I know my sisters on it, my friend and his cousin are and my boyfriend used to be on it before he got a contract.

lawrawrrr
18-09-2012, 07:44 PM

giffgaff is highly regarded, especially recently. it plays off the o2 network so it's got pretty good coverage, it's the only 'plan' you can get on PAYG with a decent amount thats customisable.

Think about it, payg plans? Ohhi, you can have 500 free texts even if you don't bother to top up this month! It's not the most common thing in the world

O2 just brought out a new sim which is pay and go go go? (well that's the advert title) which means that you get basic perks but the longer you're a customer you get more perks. Might be worth checking out.

MKR&*42
18-09-2012, 07:49 PM
giffgaff is highly regarded, especially recently. it plays off the o2 network so it's got pretty good coverage, it's the only 'plan' you can get on PAYG with a decent amount thats customisable.

Think about it, payg plans? Ohhi, you can have 500 free texts even if you don't bother to top up this month! It's not the most common thing in the world

O2 just brought out a new sim which is pay and go go go? (well that's the advert title) which means that you get basic perks but the longer you're a customer you get more perks. Might be worth checking out.

I like the look of this. I did a quick google search and managed to find it (it is called that on the site - Pay & GoGoGo) and it seems interesting.

75 mins, 500 texts and 100MB is the starting thing. After 3 months it all doubles, after 6 months you get 10% back on top ups and then after 9 months your texts become unlimited.

K now I'm stuck in 2 mindsets tbh. Wow mindset is actually a word.

lawrawrrr
18-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I like the look of this. I did a quick google search and managed to find it (it is called that on the site - Pay & GoGoGo) and it seems interesting.

75 mins, 500 texts and 100MB is the starting thing. After 3 months it all doubles, after 6 months you get 10% back on top ups and then after 9 months your texts become unlimited.

K now I'm stuck in 2 mindsets tbh. Wow mindset is actually a word.

yeah it's good if you're looking for a long term thing!! it's still topping up every month though (i think) which is useless for me as i top up about a tenner a year (not including the 5 quid a month blackberry package)

Futz
18-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm on giffgaff and so are like most of my friends, i wish there was a cheaper package with internet as i dont really use the minutes

MKR&*42
18-09-2012, 07:58 PM
yeah it's good if you're looking for a long term thing!! it's still topping up every month though (i think) which is useless for me as i top up about a tenner a year (not including the 5 quid a month blackberry package)

Ah if that's the case then I'm swayed more to GiffGaff. I do tend to top up every 2/3 months now... but certain people Biscuitss; coff, seem to be slowly reducing that timescale. If I ever become one of those people who top up every single month in the future, I'd consider the pay and gogogo thing. For now, giffgaff looks great :D

Lee
18-09-2012, 08:04 PM
How reliable is this giffgaff though hmm.

lawrawrrr
18-09-2012, 08:58 PM
it's very reliable, become very very very highly recommended since it first was released a few years back (i think), especially recently. I know at least 4 or 5 people on it!!

Chris
18-09-2012, 09:00 PM

It's definitely reliable, I haven't had any issues with it so far!

Teabags
18-09-2012, 10:07 PM
the signal might be a little bit annoying at times. But not anything major - sometimes hold my phone up but that's about it.
For £10 I think I can afford to look like an idiot now and then; other than that no real problems.

And you can get credit back by posting ideas and stuff on the giffgaff forum. So if you post enough/ good ideas you get rewarded with basically a free phone tariff. Oh and if you invite friends onto giffgaff you should get an extra £5 credit I think > but that's once they've topped up by £10, just so you don't register aload of sims.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!