PDA

View Full Version : help +rep (iphone)

sex
20-09-2012, 01:48 PM
hi i was updating my phone to ios6 and basically im a ****** as itunes crashed mid update my phone went into recovery mode and i only finally got it working again earlier. so far ive managed to get my music, apps and contacts back but........ my photos are gone. i had the stream think on but there was like 600 originally but now there is only like 30... i tried looking for them on icloud but they are no where to be found. does anyone know how i can get these back as my icloud/laptop seemed to back up everything but MY GODDAM PHOTOS

Kieran
20-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Do you have a backup on your computer that contains the photos? IF so you can extract them out I believe. Otherwise if you don't have them saved to iCloud or in a computer backup you're ****** :)

sex
20-09-2012, 01:54 PM
idk how to get them thought, my itunes says it backs up my entire phone but idk where the photos are. the icloud was turned on so they uploaded to the site but when i restored my phone only like 30 re-appeared....... :(

---------- Post added 20-09-2012 at 02:54 PM ----------

also i can't see the photo tab on icloud. where is it does anyone know?

Johnathan
20-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Well first off we would need to know if you backed up to your computer or to iCloud... Without that information I'm not sure even I could help you... I do know that as a default iCloud only allows you to backup a maximum of 5GB which is not even realistic for 600 photo's, applications, music etc... So it must of been a computer backup.

Before the initial installation of the iOS6 it should of done a automatic backup for you. In iTunes you can see your phone as connected. Right click 'your iPhone' and select restore, or restore from backup. I can't quite remember which one this is. Check to see if maybe it backed up your phone from a previous state that was not the most current one.

If I can help in any other way please let me know. Weird how so many photos have gone missing!

Jack!
20-09-2012, 02:10 PM
My iPhone only backups photos if I tell it too, it backs up everything else on its own...

sex
20-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Well first off we would need to know if you backed up to your computer or to iCloud... Without that information I'm not sure even I could help you... I do know that as a default iCloud only allows you to backup a maximum of 5GB which is not even realistic for 600 photo's, applications, music etc... So it must of been a computer backup.

Before the initial installation of the iOS6 it should of done a automatic backup for you. In iTunes you can see your phone as connected. Right click 'your iPhone' and select restore, or restore from backup. I can't quite remember which one this is. Check to see if maybe it backed up your phone from a previous state that was not the most current one.

If I can help in any other way please let me know. Weird how so many photos have gone missing!

My contacts,calender etc back up to icloud so its under 5gb
but everything else along with what i mentioned above also backed up to itunes so i managed to getm y contacts apps etc back but only 30 photos :S i dunno where the rest are, idk how to find where the photos of the backup are located on my laptop

Johnathan
20-09-2012, 02:16 PM
My contacts,calender etc back up to icloud so its under 5gb
but everything else along with what i mentioned above also backed up to itunes so i managed to getm y contacts apps etc back but only 30 photos :S i dunno where the rest are, idk how to find where the photos of the backup are located on my laptop

Have you ever selected import photos when connecting your iPhone? When you plug in your phone in windows an 'auto play' feature comes up that allows you to sync photos and videos to your hard drive.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!