PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Can anyone tell me why am I still banned? -.-

LiquidLuck.
21-09-2012, 12:01 PM
As you might know, Kikali31 was banned until 2024 for ''Attempting to steal an account and its password'' (or whatever).

So I wrote an appeal and this was it:

''I was banned on the 14th of August. The reason for the ban was ''Attempting to steal account passwords is not permitted. Repeat offenses may be communicated to the police, and your parents. Please review the Habbo Way and Terms for acceptable usage."
I work for this Official Habbo Fansite called Habbox (as you can see in the fansite list) and I really enjoy it, it means a lot to me. For that reason, I always try to get new people interested in Habbox as it's always so fun and a great place to meet new people that you can get to know in Habbo, and this is exactly what I was doing right before I was banned.
I was helping a guy join Habbox, and for that purpose I told him to write his username and then add a password, but I told him it did NOT need to be his Habbo password.
Actually as you are able to see from the chat history, my exact words were: after adding your username / please add your apssword / password* / its the forum password / doesnt need to be the habbo one or anything ( slashes being the separation of the different speech bubbles).
So I hope that after taking a look at all this, you can understand that I was not disrespecting the Habbo Way nor the Terms for acceptable usage, as I wasn't trying to steal his account password, but I was in fact helping him, because you can't be too careful, and it's always better never to use your Habbo password in other sites. I was warning him for his own good, and actually doing the opposite of what I was banned for.''

Then Yoselin answered with the following comment:

''Attempting to steal account passwords is not permitted. Repeat offenses may be communicated to the police, and your parents. Please review the Habbo Way and Terms for acceptable usage.
We took a long, hard look at the facts and came to the conclusion that your habbo's not ready to be unbanned just yet.

Quote chatlog:
2012-09-14 21:22:15 Kikali31 : oh it might mean the username you wanted

2012-09-14 21:22:18 Kikali31 : was taken

2012-09-14 21:22:24 Kikali31 : Which username did you want?

2012-09-14 21:22:58 Kikali31 : alright then please add the password

2012-09-14 21:23:01 Kikali31 : and the confirm it

Permanent bans are really only imposed on habbos whose behaviour is so far off the Habbo Way that they may have a really negative effect on others in the Habbo community. As this is the case for your habbo, we'll keep this account banned.''

So could someone tell me how is that actually trying to steal a password and why hasn't she read the all chat log?
Thank you.

Red
21-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Hmm reply to the ticket again that you didn't steal any passwords or attempt to so please reread your statement. That you were reffering the person and helping them sign up to www.habboxforum.com and that you even suggested they do not use their habbo password. They are a bunch of idiots omg

lawrawrrr
21-09-2012, 12:15 PM
at the end of the day you were asking the person's username and password, so you can see where they're coming from.

might be worth opening another appeal just to check if they'll unban you or not :/

Johnathan
21-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I can see where they are coming from... Yet I'm not quite sure why this person you have been dealing with for the appeal has treated you in such a way. He doesn't even seem like a follow up was done to see any sort of dedication to the official fan site.

I would do what Laura has stated and open another appeal. See if you can't get another support staff member to look into it. I think you probably just got a really rude person so its totally worth another try! Best of luck to you hun. x

LiquidLuck.
21-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Hmm reply to the ticket again that you didn't steal any passwords or attempt to so please reread your statement. That you were reffering the person and helping them sign up to www.habboxforum.com and that you even suggested they do not use their habbo password. They are a bunch of idiots omg

Ikr. -.- I was being a nice person!

---------- Post added 21-09-2012 at 09:59 PM ----------

at the end of the day you were asking the person's username and password, so you can see where they're coming from.

might be worth opening another appeal just to check if they'll unban you or not :/

I had an appeal in Kikali31 and it was Yoseling dealing with it as well. -.-''''
And I wasn't asking for it. I was telling for him NOT to give it.

---------- Post added 21-09-2012 at 10:00 PM ----------

I can see where they are coming from... Yet I'm not quite sure why this person you have been dealing with for the appeal has treated you in such a way. He doesn't even seem like a follow up was done to see any sort of dedication to the official fan site.

I would do what Laura has stated and open another appeal. See if you can't get another support staff member to look into it. I think you probably just got a really rude person so its totally worth another try! Best of luck to you hun. x

I will try to do so. Thank you bby <3

LiquidLuck.
21-09-2012, 09:15 PM
This is what I asked her after what she replied:

''If you look at all the chat log, you'll see I was talking about an Habbo fansite, like I said above, Habbox.
I don't see how I could be trying to steal his account or his password, because that was never my point. To join a forum, it's need a username and a password. That's why I told him ''please add the password and the(n*) confirm it''.. In the rest of the chat log, if you also look at what he said, you'll understand I was doing exactly the opposite of what I was banned for, as I was trying to help him not to get his password stolen, since even is it is a fansite, you never know.

Will my account stay banned until 2024 just because I told him to add a password in his Habbo fansite account?''

And this is what she replied to this:

''We took a long, hard look at the facts and came to the conclusion that your habbo's not ready to be unbanned just yet.

Permanent bans are really only imposed on habbos whose behaviour is so far off the Habbo Way that they may have a really negative effect on others in the Habbo community. As this is the case for your habbo, we'll keep this account banned.''

Doesn't she know how to speak English? Is she a bot copy pasting, or what? She didn't answer anything I asked and didn't explain anything either. -.-'''

How do I get someone else to handle my appeals?

Samantha
21-09-2012, 09:40 PM
The Chat Log whoever provided does not say anything about Habbox or any of its sites, it just shows you telling him to put his password in. To me if I saw that (and wasn't aware of Habbox) it looks like you're telling him to put details on a site, which you were. However, the staff cannot tell if the site is safe or not (since there's no proof in the Chat Log). If I did actually see that it would look like you were attempting to get his password - the mods can't tell you weren't.

Also, they say you're not ready to be unbanned yet, I believe that they will unban in the future and may reduce the ban - there's no official fansites anymore though so they may have got confused. What I would do is open another ticket, give them the fansite link, the fansite group link, anything you can and provide the chat log etc. maybe they'll listen this time.

If you reply using some of the same words you'll get the same reply.

Ed.
21-09-2012, 09:59 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Please do not accuse others of illegal activity.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!