PDA

View Full Version : post reporting

Chippiewill
21-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I've found more recently that when I report posts it takes a long time to get fixed, yet if someone makes a post in that thread complaining (A violation of A9 anyway) about it it'll get fixed way faster. Seems a bit backwards.

Mark
21-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I've noticed this too, especially in the morning when we all wake up and realise loads of bots have posted.

Lee
21-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Some post reports are not dealt with full stop you must remember this. I've had all your post reports checked within a fairly reasonable time tonight Will :)

Chris
21-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I've had a look through them and they have all been dealt with. As for spambots coming on during the night, there is nothing we can do about that until an admin or supermoderator comes online. We have already installed a plugin which automatically bans accounts that match the data on stopforumspam.com, which does seem to have made some difference.

sex
21-09-2012, 08:32 PM
sometimes it takes a pm to the forum manager because the mods aren't clear on what the rules are lol and dont do anything about the posts

Samantha
21-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Some post reports are not dealt with full stop you must remember this. I've had all your post reports checked within a fairly reasonable time tonight Will :)

Previously though, I thought that reported posts had to be dealt with? What I don't think helps is that if a SMOD isn't online then a normal moderator may not know they have been reported so can't really do much if they don't see it.

Chris
21-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Previously though, I thought that reported posts had to be dealt with? What I don't think helps is that if a SMOD isn't online then a normal moderator may not know they have been reported so can't really do much if they don't see it.

Not everything is dealt with because not all reports are correct. Generally there isn't an issue with the time it takes for reports to be dealt with and super moderators regularly hand things out to other moderators.

Samantha
21-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Not everything is dealt with because not all reports are correct. Generally there isn't an issue with the time it takes for reports to be dealt with and super moderators regularly hand things out to other moderators.

They hand things out, I'm not disputing that but if none are online it's just taking longer for some to be dealt with. Not saying that's a problem as they don't generally pose a threat or anything :).

Chris
21-09-2012, 09:18 PM
They hand things out, I'm not disputing that but if none are online it's just taking longer for some to be dealt with. Not saying that's a problem as they don't generally pose a threat or anything :).

True, however if moderators are browsing their forums properly they hopefully wont be left too long.

xxMATTGxx
21-09-2012, 10:00 PM
I've noticed this too, especially in the morning when we all wake up and realise loads of bots have posted.

That's because they like to post when everyone is asleep but they are normally dealt with in the first normal hours of the morning.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!