PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Email New Launch

Andii
24-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Ok so i recieved an email from Lynn-Maria Reppe (from habbo)

and bascially it was saying

Dear Habbo,

Unfortunately you didn't make the cut for the Habbo Council back in April, but we have some exciting news for you!

As you know, the Habbo Guide program has been running for a few months and we are inviting applicants.....

(Not allowed to say anymore)

But people were saying its probably a scam altho at the end it says

We are aware of reports from Habbos that emails are bouncing back. To avoid any problems with emails bouncing it is encouraged that you reply to this email instead of sending a new one to the Sulake address. To reassure you this is a legitimate email we have included your original application to us.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hi i received a minimail on habbo on one of my accounts about being interested and I am very interested In applying. But the Habbo account i now Mainly use is Andii. Is there a chance that i can apply using it?? I have some great ideas which i would love Habbo to hear as i have been a member for almost 9 years using a few different accounts.

this includes my email which i sent months ago

Anyone else get this??????

TonyBest
24-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Nope, I didnt get one

SackRace
24-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Didn't get one!!

Red
24-09-2012, 04:39 PM
No but her name is Linn Not Lynn so sounds fishy.

Mr.L.Darragh
24-09-2012, 04:41 PM
No but her name is Linn Not Lynn so sounds fishy. Yeah that's true, I don't think Sulake staff add their name into emails directly though, apart from Jason? Not sure about that though.

+ That end bit about emails bouncing back is so stupid too, sending and replying are the same thing.. There shouldn't be any bouncing..

Michael
24-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Sounds like a scam, lol.

Andii
24-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah that's true, I don't think Sulake staff add their name into emails directly though, apart from Jason? Not sure about that though.

+ That end bit about emails bouncing back is so stupid too, sending and replying are the same thing.. There shouldn't be any bouncing..

Thats what i thought her name came up as it and not the email address. I asked habbo and am looking more into this will keep you all posted.

Samantha
24-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I was on the council and yeah you didn't make it but I'd assume those who did would receive one too. I didn't though.

Andii, the email showing what you sent originally wasn't difficult, when we got to be part of yammer we received some applications via email so someone who was on the council will probably have had your email x.

Andii;

Mr.L.Darragh
24-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Thats what i thought her name came up as it and not the email address. I asked habbo and am looking more into this will keep you all posted. Hmm, have you tried viewing the source? If you don't know how, you can google it or tell me what domain you with and i'll help ;]?

Andii
24-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Hmm, have you tried viewing the source? If you don't know how, you can google it or tell me what domain you with and i'll help ;]?

lmao how do i do that??? and what do you mean domain?? lool

Mr.L.Darragh
24-09-2012, 04:58 PM
lmao how do i do that??? and what do you mean domain?? lool Domain is like Gmail or Hotmail, usually theres a little dropdown menu by the sender that you can click, and press 'View Source' or 'View Original' ;] If you can't find it still, just ask ;]

Andii
24-09-2012, 05:03 PM
i have no idea what im doing so ill pm you lmao

Mr.L.Darragh
24-09-2012, 05:08 PM
i have no idea what im doing so ill pm you lmao
Replied, with some massive grammar fails, so just ignore them LOL.

Red
24-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I was on the council and yeah you didn't make it but I'd assume those who did would receive one too. I didn't though.

Andii, the email showing what you sent originally wasn't difficult, when we got to be part of yammer we received some applications via email so someone who was on the council will probably have had your email x.

@Andii (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68225);

You got to see people's email addresses or just the email? The fact you got to see either is ridiculous.

Samantha
24-09-2012, 05:21 PM
You got to see people's email addresses or just the email? The fact you got to see either is ridiculous.

Ikr, logged on when it happened and found I had tonnes of emails. I'll check now whether it was the address or just content. I agree with you.

---------- Post added 24-09-2012 at 06:24 PM ----------
Red; Andii; I received the application of approximately 5 different people and their email was on it. Shows a massive lack of security for it! This stopped after about a day but still shouldn't have happened.

Michael
24-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Ikr, logged on when it happened and found I had tonnes of emails. I'll check now whether it was the address or just content. I agree with you.

If you can see the email addresses, I feel totally alarmed.. its not right at all.

Red
24-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Omg wtf.... so people on the council were given peoples personal details. That is a disgrace.

October
24-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeah that's true, I don't think Sulake staff add their name into emails directly though, apart from Jason? Not sure about that though.

Actually, that happened during the Council thing, the e-mails were bounced back.

Samantha
24-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Actually, that happened during the Council thing, the e-mails were bounced back.

Yeah they did! Did you also get sent applications when you were in the council?

http://habboxwiki.com/Habbo_Council

The list of who were in it is on there.

Red
24-09-2012, 05:42 PM
They didn't think that would be a security risk? If they stopped after a day, maybe they realised their mistake but they could of advised people to change their email addresses.

October
24-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah they did! Did you also get sent applications when you were in the council?

http://habboxwiki.com/Habbo_Council

The list of who were in it is on there.
Yeah, I did get people's applications during like everyone else at first aha.

I remember Otus sending one of the applications I received.

Mr.L.Darragh
What emails were bounced back?

Btw, they could just be saying that since apparently the email was sent from something like [email protected]. Habbo use @habbohotel.com or @Sulake.com, they asked you to reply and not make a new email, which could explain it. I'm pretty sure this is a scam tbf.

Andii
If you can see the email addresses, I feel totally alarmed.. its not right at all.

Wow I agree with this actually if this is a scam then I could actually take Habbo up for this for giving out personal details -.-

October
24-09-2012, 05:45 PM
What emails were bounced back?

Btw, they could just be saying that since apparently the email was sent from something like [email protected]. Habbo use @habbohotel.com or @Sulake.com, they asked you to reply and not make a new email, which could explain it. I'm pretty sure this is a scam tbf.
When we applied, during the first day, the apps we sent were bounced back to us.
Then when other people applied after we were accepted, those e-mails were forwarded to all of the current council people.

Samantha
24-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah, I did get people's applications during like everyone else at first aha.

I remember Otus sending one of the applications I received.

Yeah I got his, Andii; was another.

@mr.l.darragh Yammer is the site for which the Habbo Council was for, due to our accounts not able to access on there now I attempted to sign up, a GMAIL domain is personal thus wouldn't allow it to sign up anyway, big fail on whoever did it :P.

Mr.L.Darragh
24-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah, exactly. Jason's fansite updates and any emails I've ever received from Habbo or Sulake, are from the @Habbohotel or @Sulake domain.

Yeah I got his, @Andii (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68225); was another.

@mr.l.darragh Yammer is the site for which the Habbo Council was for, due to our accounts not able to access on there now I attempted to sign up, a GMAIL domain is personal thus wouldn't allow it to sign up anyway, big fail on whoever did it :P.

---------- Post added 24-09-2012 at 06:53 PM ----------

When we applied, during the first day, the apps we sent were bounced back to us.
Then when other people applied after we were accepted, those e-mails were forwarded to all of the current council people.

What a fail, Sulake really should of told people that they'd done that. Now this is happening because of it lmfao.

Wonder who's doing this then, must be a council member, or they must at least know about it to forward the details..

October
24-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah, exactly. Jason's fansite updates and any emails I've ever received from Habbo or Sulake, are from the @Habbohotel or @Sulake domain.

---------- Post added 24-09-2012 at 06:53 PM ----------

What a fail, Sulake really should of told people that they'd done that. Now this is happening because of it lmfao.

Wonder who's doing this then, must be a council member, or they must at least know about it to forward the details..If it was a council member, it would've had to have been an original member, those accepted in the first wave batch.
That were like 12? There was Deege, Samanfa, God, Axiv, Habtaz, myself, -Sno, Barry, and others that I can't remember.

Samantha
24-09-2012, 06:03 PM
If it was a council member, it would've had to have been an original member, those accepted in the first wave batch.
That were like 12? There was Deege, Samanfa, God, Axiv, Habtaz, myself, -Sno, Barry, and others that I can't remember.

650c was one and Ekelektra too I believe. Not sure if Storking was?

Mr.L.Darragh
24-09-2012, 06:07 PM
If it was a council member, it would've had to have been an original member, those accepted in the first wave batch.

I bet it's Samanfa;

Samantha
24-09-2012, 06:12 PM
I bet it's Samanfa;

Yeah because Paul keeps ignoring me ofc ;).

Nah major security flaw there.

xxMATTGxx
24-09-2012, 06:12 PM
This isn't the first time Sulake has forgotten to use BCC instead of To/CC. Happened on one of the earlier fansite emails when they changed the programme for it. Although not as big as this but still giving people out email addresses that could be linked to other accounts. Staff members only use @Sulake.com address - I doubt you will see anything else being used these days.

Mr.L.Darragh
24-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Haha ;]

Yeah it is an amazingly ridiculous security flaw..

Yeah because Paul keeps ignoring me ofc ;).

Nah major security flaw there.

October
24-09-2012, 06:18 PM
650c was one and Ekelektra too I believe. Not sure if Storking was?
Yeahhhh, I wasn't sure if Ekelektra was in the original batch, though.
But I think that's it for the first few that joined, before they re-opened apps?

I can't remember if Valrulz was in it then or later.

Moffins was original.
So was Salukorona.

Erm, people said that God was a hacker type person, one of suspicious behavior, so him maybe?

Michael
24-09-2012, 06:33 PM
I also doubt someone would get they're own name wrong.

Andii
24-09-2012, 06:38 PM
The email was this just realised the other questions lmao defo a scam

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 24 September 2012 16:23:58 BST
To: @hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Fwd: Habbo Council

Dear Habbo,

Unfortunately you didn't make the cut for the Habbo Council back in April, but we have some exciting news for you!

As you know, the Habbo Guide program has been running for a few months and we are inviting applicants from April to join us in launching the new Habbo Guide tier.

Because Habbo accounts are confidential, we will need to verify that you are the owner of the Habbo account we sent the invite to. Please reply to this email with the following information so that we can verify your information before proceeding. If we do not hear from you in 48 hours we may decide to choose someone else.

Do NOT send us your Habbo password.

* The Habbo user name:
* The date of birth entered when the Habbo account was registered:
* The email address you used to register your Habbo account:
* Email ID used to log into Habbo:
* When you registered your Habbo account:
* Your Internet Service Provider (This is the company you pay for your Internet access):
* If you have bought Credits, when and how many?:
* How did you buy Habbo Credits? (SMS, credit card, prepaid cards, etc):
* Please supply all details relating to credits purchases. If you used a phone, we'll need the number. If you used a credit/Debit card:
we will need the Cardholders Name and Email. If you used Paypal, please supply the Paypal reference numbers. etc
* Past and current email addresses registered on your Habbo account:
* Names of your other Habbos

We are aware of reports from Habbos that emails are bouncing back. To avoid any problems with emails bouncing it is encouraged that you reply to this email instead of sending a new one to the Sulake address. To reassure you this is a legitimate email we have included your original application to us.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hi i received a minimail on habbo on one of my accounts about being interested and I am very interested In applying. But the Habbo account i now Mainly use is Andii. Is there a chance that i can apply using it?? I have some great ideas which i would love Habbo to hear as i have been a member for almost 9 years using a few different accounts.

October
24-09-2012, 06:42 PM
They didn't do that aha.

We were actually contacted via minimail, telling us that we were accepted and to check our e-mail address for our invitation link to the Yammer network.

Red
24-09-2012, 06:47 PM
O gawney. Please say you didn't reply andy.

Andii
24-09-2012, 06:55 PM
O gawney. Please say you didn't reply andy.

Lmao course not haha after I read that bit about care details as stuff I was like wow lmao

Andii
24-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Customer support has officially said it was a scam and not sent from Habbo themselves I replied saying about how a council member may have got my email then which worries me and am waiting to hear back from them

AlexJRiley
24-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Give Paul LaFo a tweet or something, report it for phishing?

Andii
24-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Give Paul LaFo a tweet or something, report it for phishing?

Lmao can't paullafo had blocked me on twitter lmao because I called him an old man ;)

AlexJRiley
25-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Lmao can't paullafo had blocked me on twitter lmao because I called him an old man ;)

Thats a lot nicer than what i'd call a man who plays with kids... literally plays with them because of Habbo. OMG WHAT IF PAUL LAFO WAS THE ONE CHANNEL 4 FOUND.

Andii
25-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Thats a lot nicer than what i'd call a man who plays with kids... literally plays with them because of Habbo. OMG WHAT IF PAUL LAFO WAS THE ONE CHANNEL 4 FOUND.

lmao did he block you aswell???? still waiting to hear back from twitter accounts of staff on what their opinion is on leaking our email addresses out. and lool yes paullafo norm account is dirtyboy

Eorthquake
25-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Why dont you email habbo, see what they say about it

AlexJRiley
25-09-2012, 10:03 AM
lmao did he block you aswell???? still waiting to hear back from twitter accounts of staff on what their opinion is on leaking our email addresses out. and lool yes paullafo norm account is dirtyboy

Pauls a no lifer, and no i dont use my twitter so yeah :L

Mr.L.Darragh
25-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Update: Paul has comfirmed it's a scam via Twitter, theres a article on it if you check out my fansite, the link is at the "Blog" button in my sig.

http://i45.tinypic.com/rvg0md.png

Red
26-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Omg hahah hes so rude to me. He was like no it didn't, get your facts right.

Andii
26-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Update: Paul has comfirmed it's a scam via Twitter, theres a article on it if you check out my fansite, the link is at the "Blog" button in my sig.

http://i45.tinypic.com/rvg0md.png

Good catch wtf!!!! It was me who found it out what an actual ***** tell him that I'm very unhappy about my email address getting leaked out ad expect a full answer on how they feel about giving out private information to users

Red
26-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Lmao!! He said to me Andii they didn't give it out and I should get my facts straight...

Mr.L.Darragh
26-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Good catch wtf!!!! It was me who found it out what an actual ***** tell him that I'm very unhappy about my email address getting leaked out ad expect a full answer on how they feel about giving out private information to users

Yeah ikr. He doesn't acknowledge that you had your address leaked though, i'll do my best to get it across along with the rest of us ;3 @Red (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=81989);

Andii
26-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Lmao!! He said to me Andii they didn't give it out and I should get my facts straight...

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN I WOULD LOVE TO MEET HIM IRL AND SHOW HIM THE EMAIL MYSELF !!! EVEN GET A WEE PUNCH IN THE FACE FOR BEING DUMER THAN ME =/

LiquidLuck.
27-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Scam, in my opinion. S:

Andii
28-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Lol yea it was a scam, apparently a Habbo Council Member sent it out, but what I wanna know is who it is. Obviously this person knows who I am and what accounts I have.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!