PDA

View Full Version : Lucy Spraggan!

Aiden
25-09-2012, 07:08 PM
OMG I love Lucy Spraggan so much, I seen that they wasn't another thread about her and I was like HOW? She is amazing.

When I first heard 'Last Night' I was laughing my pants off. But then I heard 'Tea and Toast' and I was crying my heart. I thought it was amazing how she can sing such funny and dramatic songs unlike most artist.

If you don't know her she is a X-Factor contestant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBlPQpo6H4

Red
25-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Omg this is the same as me today. She is AMAZING. I don't want factor so I heard about her on chynnas dj shows and looked her up. Ive been listening to all her other songs today. Tea and toast is so beautiful :(

Aiden
25-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Omg this is the same as me today. She is AMAZING. I don't want factor so I heard about her on chynnas dj shows and looked her up. Ive been listening to all her other songs today. Tea and toast is so beautiful :(

Same, I heard it on HxL, DJ Nuggets.

Kardan
25-09-2012, 07:35 PM
I don't rate her, and quite frankly she's not going to be very good during the live shows... What is she going to do when its ballad week, or rock week? Is she simply going to bring out her guitar each week and just sing 'Purple Rain' in her style? It won't work.

Jurv
25-09-2012, 07:45 PM
i think she's fantastic. her style of music reminds me of arctic monkeys and alex turners vocals for some reason, haha.
she also reminds me of dani harmer from cbbc too. but i think that's just because of the face and hair lmao.

Red
25-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I don't rate her, and quite frankly she's not going to be very good during the live shows... What is she going to do when its ballad week, or rock week? Is she simply going to bring out her guitar each week and just sing 'Purple Rain' in her style? It won't work.

Yea I thought she's not necessarily going to the best for the lives but she will be really successful when she leaves xfactor anyway. She doesn't need to win :)

FlyingJesus
25-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Totes not a fan, can't stand the whole "hey look I'm talking with an off-beat, that's the same as singing right?" style that seems to be popular. Would prefer someone who can hit notes

Judas
25-09-2012, 10:38 PM
She's ******* boring. Everyone thinks she's so original and quirky but she really isn't at all, is she? And she isn't all that talented either. Seems like a nice girl though.

"Just wrote a new song called 'jam butties'...Not sure it'll go down very well in Mariah Carey week though" - saw on a parody account on Twitter and basically sums up why she shouldn't be on The X Factor lol

Chris
26-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I like her but yeah I can see her struggling on the live shows.

:odey:
26-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Love Love Love <3
I saw her video for the first song she sang and I loved it,
And this song even more :o
Love the reaction :)

peteyt
26-09-2012, 05:57 PM

To me this is one of the problems with the X Factor. The X Factor likes to make itself sound like it's looking for the next big thing, and it likes to make it sound like its looking for something unique, different etc. They are trying to emphasise this more this year as there have been a lot more singer/songwriters on the show.

The problem for me however, is they applaud when people come on and do their own thing if it works, but then suddenly expect them to change their style to something else in the live shows e.g. rock, big band etc. Yes I know some artists can do this, and its good if a singer can perform multiple styles, but sometimes with the x factor I feel it just in the end turns them into a generic artist. But to me that's what they want, they want someone they know they can sell and market, I mean it's about entertainment and money in the end. There are some amazing artists out there that only stick to one style because its what they do, and just because they can't perform in another style, doesn't mean they are any worse or better.

She's ******* boring. Everyone thinks she's so original and quirky but she really isn't at all, is she? And she isn't all that talented either. Seems like a nice girl though.

"Just wrote a new song called 'jam butties'...Not sure it'll go down very well in Mariah Carey week though" - saw on a parody account on Twitter and basically sums up why she shouldn't be on The X Factor lol

I have to disagree with you. I don't think she's amazing and I agree that she won't go far in the show as she'll probably find it hard in the genres that she's not used to as she has a specific style. However I think she stands out and she seems to be one of the most talked about well known contestants this year.

I'd certainly rather listen to her then have to listen to another contestant come on and single an Adele song as if she's the only artist out there (although there hasn't been as many Adele covers this year compared with last).

FlyingJesus
26-09-2012, 06:55 PM
^
Yeah but this girl isn't unique and different in terms of the music industry as a whole, there are floods of artists like her constantly recording the same sort of music, probably because it's ridonkulously easy and you don't really need to be able to sing

Charz777
26-09-2012, 08:00 PM
She's good at what she does, and very entertaining. But that's as far as it goes. Nothing special. When it comes to live shows she'll struggle.

Judas
26-09-2012, 10:55 PM
I have to disagree with you. I don't think she's amazing and I agree that she won't go far in the show as she'll probably find it hard in the genres that she's not used to as she has a specific style. However I think she stands out and she seems to be one of the most talked about well known contestants this year.

I'd certainly rather listen to her then have to listen to another contestant come on and single an Adele song as if she's the only artist out there (although there hasn't been as many Adele covers this year compared with last).

Sure she stands out... on The X Factor. Not on the much larger scale of the entire industry. At the end of the day she's just another chick who can play some chords a guitar with a boring storytelling style of speak-talk singing and no new or exciting qualities about her. Hey, whatever happened to Kate Nash? Hmm... Also, I remember when everyone got excited about Matt Cardle's singer/songwriter thing he had going on too as he stood out from the Adele wannabes! Now where did he go? Oh yes, he flopped into oblivion because he's everything that we have heard a MILLION times before.

If she sent a demo of those songs to a label - which I imagine she probably did what with her independent releases before XF - they wouldn't listen past the first 30 seconds, and no one else would bat an eyelid...

peteyt
27-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Sure she stands out... on The X Factor. Not on the much larger scale of the entire industry. At the end of the day she's just another chick who can play some chords a guitar with a boring storytelling style of speak-talk singing and no new or exciting qualities about her. Hey, whatever happened to Kate Nash? Hmm... Also, I remember when everyone got excited about Matt Cardle's singer/songwriter thing he had going on too as he stood out from the Adele wannabes! Now where did he go? Oh yes, he flopped into oblivion because he's everything that we have heard a MILLION times before.

If she sent a demo of those songs to a label - which I imagine she probably did what with her independent releases before XF - they wouldn't listen past the first 30 seconds, and no one else would bat an eyelid...

The way I see it is if Jedward can become stars then anyone can

Kardan
27-09-2012, 09:17 AM

But that's the point, most of the winners on the X Factor struggle to become stars, only Leona has had true success, and you could argue that Alexandra has been okay - the only people that ever do well are the ones that teenage girls go crazy for - One Direction, JLS and Olly Murs. Teenage girls aren't going to have Lucy Spraggan posters up on their walls.

Samantha
27-09-2012, 09:30 AM
She's ok, I like her songs but I'm unsure how she will perform if she gets to the live shows. She may not even get picked yet.

Kardan
27-09-2012, 10:13 AM
She's ok, I like her songs but I'm unsure how she will perform if she gets to the live shows. She may not even get picked yet.

You can tell she will from how the program is edited.

peteyt
28-09-2012, 02:46 AM
But that's the point, most of the winners on the X Factor struggle to become stars, only Leona has had true success, and you could argue that Alexandra has been okay - the only people that ever do well are the ones that teenage girls go crazy for - One Direction, JLS and Olly Murs. Teenage girls aren't going to have Lucy Spraggan posters up on their walls.

That wasn't really my point. I agree she probably wont go far, she will definatley struggle when she has to sing certain styles she's not used to as she has a definetive style. However my point is that she at least stands out and has tried to do something different and also be herself. She's less generic then most acts.

I think this year its went downhill - they seemed to have thrown away a load of good singers.

Judas
28-09-2012, 02:20 PM

But Jedward are a novelty act, and like it or not they DO stand out both on The X Factor and within the industry. They are famous because of the comedy value, not for their musical abilities. Doesn't really work as an example.

Seikou
28-09-2012, 05:50 PM
i really like her but i honestly don't think she's suited for the x factor.

peteyt
28-09-2012, 05:55 PM
But Jedward are a novelty act, and like it or not they DO stand out both on The X Factor and within the industry. They are famous because of the comedy value, not for their musical abilities. Doesn't really work as an example.

I'd disagree because Lucy uses comedy in her songs. Obviously Jedward's comedy is completley different, but both do use it some way. Like I said she probably won't do well in live shows, she may sell a bit after the show but may fade, who knows. But she's different anyways.

Red
28-09-2012, 06:11 PM

Wait who else is there currently like her? She is nothing like Matt and Kate Nash was a one hit wonder with foundations :S I don't find her talent to storytell with her lyrics boring. Tea and toast was so moving and I can't wait to hear her sing more.

A4R0N
28-09-2012, 06:49 PM
shes very kate nash esk

shiver
28-09-2012, 07:35 PM
crap voice
crap lyrics
dated style
ugly

N E X T

Judas
29-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I'd disagree because Lucy uses comedy in her songs. Obviously Jedward's comedy is completley different, but both do use it some way. Like I said she probably won't do well in live shows, she may sell a bit after the show but may fade, who knows. But she's different anyways.

Well like you said it's completely different types of comedy, people are laughing AT Jedward (though how much they put it on is open for debate and a completely different conversation). She's different for The X Factor yes. For the industry in general - no.

Wait who else is there currently like her? She is nothing like Matt and Kate Nash was a one hit wonder with foundations :S I don't find her talent to storytell with her lyrics boring. Tea and toast was so moving and I can't wait to hear her sing more.

Really? You aren't familiar with the whole 'quirky' singer-songwriter stereotype? I'll leave that down to your evident lack of general knowledge about popular music then. I didn't say she was like Matt musically, I was comparing the situations. Brush up on the comprehension. You said it yourself, Kate Nash was a one hit wonder.................. why would that be

Sharon
29-09-2012, 05:58 PM
she was **** without a guitar and will continue to be **** without one, you can't have a guitar every week and she seems boring and doesn't have that great of a personality. she doesn't sing either, she talks. i'd rate her if she was good looking but she's not so it is IRRELEVANT. she looked stupid and awkward without a guitar i cannot stress this enough it was terrible

ok as you can see i'm in a bad mood and i'm taking it out on her but what i'm saying is probably true anyway

Teabags
29-09-2012, 11:15 PM
did like her first song, but I'm not sure about where she'd go from here.
Would like her songs to be good but not sure how good it would be.

Best of luck to her though!

peteyt
30-09-2012, 12:07 AM
she was **** without a guitar and will continue to be **** without one, you can't have a guitar every week and she seems boring and doesn't have that great of a personality. she doesn't sing either, she talks. i'd rate her if she was good looking but she's not so it is IRRELEVANT. she looked stupid and awkward without a guitar i cannot stress this enough it was terrible

ok as you can see i'm in a bad mood and i'm taking it out on her but what i'm saying is probably true anyway

See this is the problem - You'd rate her if she was good looking. What do her looks have to do with if she's a good singer or not? It's why I hate the music industry because its often looks over actual talent. Yeah she may be bad without a guitar but i like what she does with one.

Red
30-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Well like you said it's completely different types of comedy, people are laughing AT Jedward (though how much they put it on is open for debate and a completely different conversation). She's different for The X Factor yes. For the industry in general - no.

Really? You aren't familiar with the whole 'quirky' singer-songwriter stereotype? I'll leave that down to your evident lack of general knowledge about popular music then. I didn't say she was like Matt musically, I was comparing the situations. Brush up on the comprehension. You said it yourself, Kate Nash was a one hit wonder.................. why would that be

And I asked you who there was out there like her currently? Please do enlighten me. You did compare them musically and to the fact they are both singer/songwriters. Just because they both play guitar and have appeared on xfactor, doesn't mean their situations are comparable or that she will have the same fate as Matt :S

Judas
30-09-2012, 05:54 PM
And I asked you who there was out there like her currently? Please do enlighten me. You did compare them musically and to the fact they are both singer/songwriters. Just because they both play guitar and have appeared on xfactor, doesn't mean their situations are comparable or that she will have the same fate as Matt :S

I'm telling you I wasn't comparing them musically... Why do I need to justify that to you? The fact I was calling Matt a singer-songwriter wasn't a comparison. I was comparing the way that his style stood out from all the other generic contestants on the show, just like Lucy's does, yet they are nothing new or exciting outside the show. Your lack of understanding is not my problem and I don't really care if you agree with me or not.

------

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/225074_339168479509315_1027783441_n.jpg

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!