PDA

View Full Version : Unfairly treated in college/uni

Richie
26-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Right I did a course in the college/uni last year but dropped out due to work. Came back to do a course this year and I thought everything was going fine. I missed Monday because I felt like ****, I was meant to go to the doctors but I never have the available time to go as I can really only go in the morning time (9-12) but I'm normally in college then, my tutor pulled me up on it and basically thinks im taking the piss, missing ONE day. He said if I continue to miss days or if I'm late again they'll kick me off the course and give me a refund. Which would be understandable if they treated everyone the same. There's lads in the course that have missed a good week already and nothing has been said to them but he has the cheek to pull me up on one day might I add I even rang the college up in advance to say I wouldn't be in due to being ill which the rest don't do. The tutor doesn't like me, it's obvious, even others on the course have noticed him blatantly picking me out in situations. It just really annoys me and I want to say something to him about it but I know it will cause more problems than good. As for the day I missed I was legitimately sick and in fairness to him I have been 5/10mins late a few times but again I wouldn't mind him pulling me up on it if he did it with everyone else. Do you think I should say something or just take it on the chin? He says he's trying to 'set an example' which isn't very fair.

Undesirable
26-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Right I did a course in the college/uni last year but dropped out due to work. Came back to do a course this year and I thought everything was going fine. I missed Monday because I felt like ****, I was meant to go to the doctors but I never have the available time to go as I can really only go in the morning time (9-12) but I'm normally in college then, my tutor pulled me up on it and basically thinks im taking the piss, missing ONE day. He said if I continue to miss days or if I'm late again they'll kick me off the course and give me a refund. Which would be understandable if they treated everyone the same. There's lads in the course that have missed a good week already and nothing has been said to them but he has the cheek to pull me up on one day might I add I even rang the college up in advance to say I wouldn't be in due to being ill which the rest don't do. The tutor doesn't like me, it's obvious, even others on the course have noticed him blatantly picking me out in situations. It just really annoys me and I want to say something to him about it but I know it will cause more problems than good. As for the day I missed I was legitimately sick and in fairness to him I have been 5/10mins late a few times but again I wouldn't mind him pulling me up on it if he did it with everyone else. Do you think I should say something or just take it on the chin? He says he's trying to 'set an example' which isn't very fair.

If what your saying is true, then i would speak to someone above your lecturer. It doesn't sound right to me and he shouldn't really single you out like that, especially if other people continue to do the same. He could have used them as an example of what will happen if they are continually late. Don't go in all guns blazing though, just mention it and say how you feel. They should treat your concerns with respect and deal with it correctly, so that you aren't then given an even harder time, should he be pulled up about it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!