PDA

View Full Version : Uni Interviews

Sloths
27-09-2012, 06:25 AM
My first interview for Uni is next week and I have honestly no idea how to act etc.
I've never had a proper interview as the jobs I've gotten are either through my parents or friends so this is a first. I'm not the most confident person in real life and tend to be incredibly shy and nervous around strangers. I'm quite worried about the whole thing and was wondering if anyone has any tips either on how to act in the process or how to act confident even when you're not, that kinda thing.
If that makes sense...oh it's for design btw :P

Sian
27-09-2012, 12:16 PM
to be honest with you, most university interviews are very informal, it's all about getting to know you as a person so try and stay natural, if you do get nervous they'll try and calm you down, just try and relax really.

Catchy
27-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Design should be fine, I can imagine it to be quite informal and they'll probably just want to look over your portfolio. I'm dreading my midwifery interviews :(

Sloths
02-10-2012, 04:15 AM
to be honest with you, most university interviews are very informal, it's all about getting to know you as a person so try and stay natural, if you do get nervous they'll try and calm you down, just try and relax really.

Design should be fine, I can imagine it to be quite informal and they'll probably just want to look over your portfolio. I'm dreading my midwifery interviews :(

Thanks both of you, I've got an offer now from another uni so I don't even need to go to the interview hehe
Good luck with yours Jake whenever it is :)

Shar
03-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Midwifery interviews are usually later on in the year. I think they start in November/December but most of them are usually January onwards. It's a very long waiting game for nursing and midwifery

Catchy
03-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Midwifery interviews are usually later on in the year. I think they start in November/December but most of them are usually January onwards. It's a very long waiting game for nursing and midwifery

Yeah it depends what intake you're applying for I guess, very long waiting game indeed and even the best of us aren't guaranteed a place. My mum had to apply 3 times before she finally got onto midwifery. I know of a girl who knows of a girl who had to apply EIGHT TIMES! I would deffo just give up!

Shar
04-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah it depends what intake you're applying for I guess, very long waiting game indeed and even the best of us aren't guaranteed a place. My mum had to apply 3 times before she finally got onto midwifery. I know of a girl who knows of a girl who had to apply EIGHT TIMES! I would deffo just give up!
The process is brutal but the feeling once you get in will be good. Good luck hope it goes well for you!

shiver
07-10-2012, 03:54 PM
just show ur passionate for ur course, without saying "i am passionate about"

experience is always gd

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!