PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] I just got Grecian9 banned - Shows how bad MODs really are!

James22
27-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I didn't think this would actually work, but do you know how Grecian9 has in his motto "Follow me on Twitter @Fansites_Jason" ? I thought I would see if the MODs were stupid enough to ban staff. I reported him for having a motto which shares personal information. It turns out they did ban him.

Here's a screenshot to prove it, before the ban his habbo home was visible, after the ban it is hidden and also he is now offline.

http://i48.tinypic.com/1z2zlw9.png

He was in his VIP Yacht campaign room at the time of the ban.

You can see for yourself that he's still banned, www.habbo.com/home/Grecian9 (http://www.habbo.com/home/Grecian9)

Thread moved by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): From 'Habbo in General' as I feel it is more suited here.

ickles
27-09-2012, 04:24 PM
He's probably not banned... it's more than likely he just hid his page? I'm not sure staff are able to ban other staff without rigorous checks or what not.

Kardan
27-09-2012, 04:26 PM
He's probably not banned... it's more than likely he just hid his page? I'm not sure staff are able to ban other staff without rigorous checks or what not.

You can ban any account if you have the ability to do so.

James22
27-09-2012, 04:26 PM
No he was definitely banned. The alert that you get once your call for help has been solved came up exactly as he went offline.

MKR&*42
27-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Lmfao, this reminds me of when Paul LaFontaine got banned on 1 of his international accounts a few months ago (MODs thought he was pretending to be staff). Silly, silly moderation. You'd think Sulake would have the idea to improve after they start banning their own staff...

Red
27-09-2012, 04:29 PM
lmaooo that is hilarious!

GoldenMerc
27-09-2012, 04:31 PM
This just comes to show, poor moderation as per usual. Will this ever change?

Mathew
27-09-2012, 04:35 PM
LMAOOOOO brilliant. Do Habbo Staff still even use Twitter? Do people still tweet them? Do they reply?

Seikou
27-09-2012, 04:42 PM
LMAO omg, such great moderation

geo
27-09-2012, 04:50 PM
LOL oh dear. that's really bad. :P

Succubus
27-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Best moderation team ever :rolleyes:
But that's great LMAO, moderation has been a down side for quite a long while.

SackRace
27-09-2012, 04:56 PM
lmao nice one

Samantha
27-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Wow amazing moderation. He shouldn't have it in his motto really but moderators should be smart enough to know who he is.

Absently
27-09-2012, 05:13 PM
he's unbanned now

James22
27-09-2012, 05:13 PM
He's unbanned now and back in the VIP Yacht room. Took him a long time to get unbanned.

xxMATTGxx
27-09-2012, 05:28 PM
LMAOOOOO brilliant. Do Habbo Staff still even use Twitter? Do people still tweet them? Do they reply?

Yes, yes and yes. In regards of your twitter questions :P

Michael
27-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Hopefully its perm and he has to go through Katarina :D

EDIT: Just read up. Would have been funny though.

SitchJon
27-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Ahahah that is hilarious you can ban anyone and it is fair Grecian was banned

October
27-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Moderators have always had the ability to ban any hotel staff, in the event that that person was in fact doing something disruptive or was compromised.

But clearly that's not the case here :P

Chris
27-09-2012, 05:44 PM
I wonder if whoever did that will be in trouble. :P

Mathew
27-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Yes, yes and yes. In regards of your twitter questions :P

Oh how cool, I thought they'd give up on it after the hype died down. I only took any notice when the Channel 4 scandal was on.. :P

Jarkie
27-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I would have loved to seen the face of Jason when this happened.. would of been priceless xD

October
27-09-2012, 07:36 PM
This also isn't the first time Jason's been banned btw lol

e5
27-09-2012, 08:17 PM
LOL. I hope he had to use the help tool. :rolleyes:

TH-pepsi
27-09-2012, 08:45 PM
lmao not banned my page comes up like that he just logged out

e5
27-09-2012, 08:53 PM
His hompage is usually open, it was blocked when he got banned, now he is unbanned, it's visible again.
lmao not banned my page comes up like that he just logged out

Aaron
27-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Wow, that's crazy. It shows moderators and public staff that we know of (Puffin, Grecian9, etc) don't have communication and if they did moderators wouldn't ban staff accounts.

Crazy stuff, wonder what'll be done to that moderator!

Kushja
28-09-2012, 01:10 AM
No he was definitely banned. The alert that you get once your call for help has been solved came up exactly as he went offline.
Not doubting its true, but that message (usually) comes up after any report that has been picked up, solved or not. And Jason tends to go offline a fair ammount, switches accounts etc. Plus he's leaving soon ;)

This just comes to show, poor moderation as per usual. Will this ever change?

Never forget that its some Costan Rican person "reading" these reports, so I highly doubt any change will occur there ;)

On the plus side, fair play ;) doubt he'd tell you though.

j0rd
28-09-2012, 01:17 AM
I hope Jason does complain about the moderators, especially after this.

It's kind of worrying when a moderator doesn't have an idea who the staff are

auffant1
28-09-2012, 01:31 AM
And they said the moderation would get better after the mute. . . . . yup.

Samantha
28-09-2012, 09:56 AM
It's now pretty obvious that if you have key words in mottos or say them then you will be banned, I'm surprised someone else hasn't tried doing this sooner (attempting to get him banned) way before he was leaving. Could have given a wake up call to how bad the moderators are. I don't think it helps that if the guardian got a report about him they'd more favour to ban (some would) because he's staff.

If he had already left you'd expect his page to be visible, what a leaving present that was.

sex
28-09-2012, 11:04 AM
It's now pretty obvious that if you have key words in mottos or say them then you will be banned, I'm surprised someone else hasn't tried doing this sooner (attempting to get him banned) way before he was leaving. Could have given a wake up call to how bad the moderators are. I don't think it helps that if the guardian got a report about him they'd more favour to ban (some would) because he's staff.

If he had already left you'd expect his page to be visible, what a leaving present that was.

How would they know he is staff (the guardians)? They don't get too see the names of the users they are dealing with, and it doesn't really saying anything like "hi im habbo stafff lulz"

the.games
28-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Just to say that guardians cannot ban, only refer to mods, so the mod that banned him really should have checked if his account was a staff one :P.

James22
28-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Not doubting its true, but that message (usually) comes up after any report that has been picked up, solved or not. And Jason tends to go offline a fair ammount, switches accounts etc. Plus he's leaving soon ;)

Never forget that its some Costan Rican person "reading" these reports, so I highly doubt any change will occur there ;)

On the plus side, fair play ;) doubt he'd tell you though.
Yeah, I know that it is an auto message and is sent when the report is picked up. But I am pretty sure he was banned. As he was in the Yacht room mid way through a conversation, the moment my report was closed, he went and his page was hidden.

Samantha
28-09-2012, 04:34 PM
How would they know he is staff (the guardians)? They don't get too see the names of the users they are dealing with, and it doesn't really saying anything like "hi im habbo stafff lulz"

Well sorry but I didn't know, I'm not a Guardian as it's pointless but people have told me before they've received my chat log. So I'd assume they'd see them.

BreakfastBacon
06-10-2012, 05:49 PM
XD lol

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly!

LiquidLuck.
13-10-2012, 10:17 AM
ROFL! This is so amusing! Grecian9's homepage does work now. So glad he was banned! I hate him. -.-

Nick
13-10-2012, 11:29 PM
ROFL! This is so amusing! Grecian9's homepage does work now. So glad he was banned! I hate him. -.-

He wasn't banned on purpose his account was frozen or something like that because hes no longer staff.

LiquidLuck.
14-10-2012, 08:30 AM
He wasn't banned on purpose his account was frozen or something like that because hes no longer staff.

Why would they do that?

MKR&*42
14-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Why would they do that?

When staff members quit their position, their homepages have to blocked and I believe they receive a ban. I don't think it would have happened this far in advance though, so this probably is terrible moderating :)

LiquidLuck.
14-10-2012, 08:37 AM
When staff members quit their position, their homepages have to blocked and I believe they receive a ban. I don't think it would have happened this far in advance though, so this probably is terrible moderating :)

But now his homepage is working again, meaning he isn't banned. S:

MKR&*42
14-10-2012, 08:38 AM
But now his homepage is working again, meaning he isn't banned. S:

Yeah that's what I meant by "I don't believe it would have happened this far in advance" aha, sorry I wasn't clearer :P

LiquidLuck.
14-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Yeah that's what I meant by "I don't believe it would have happened this far in advance" aha, sorry I wasn't clearer :P

In any case it shows how stupid the moderation in Habbo is. xD

,Abbey
14-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Hm.. I don't think he's banned, but excellent work anyway - rubs hands in an evil manner-

---------- Post added 14-10-2012 at 10:07 AM ----------

Besides, he's unbanned now ... :3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!