PDA

View Full Version : [Building] Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Room

karter
29-09-2012, 11:06 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/34gov2t.png

Hey folks! So I made this room for Sims 3: Katy perry's sweet treats room competition in June. We had to make anything inspired by that. Not much time was given to make this and I had to finish it it 2 days with what I had. I wanted to make more stuff but yeah could not :P Tell me what you think!

Oh and this is probably the last room i'll ever make. The new room competitions basically ruined everything for me. Not going to take part in them when wired mazes and boosters are winning. Don't want to waste time and stuff on them.

geo
29-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Not really keen on how much grass is in it, it just doesn't look right. :P I do like the clouds and the house though, I think they're cute. :)

karter
29-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Not really keen on how much grass is in it, it just doesn't look right. :P I do like the clouds and the house though, I think they're cute. :)

Initially there were pura blocks instead of the grass, but I had about 100 when the room was about 420 tiled. Had to remove them :P Then tried replacing with petals but they're just too expensive :( Ended up with placing a lot of grass lol.

:odey:
29-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Initially there were pura blocks instead of the grass, but I had about 100 when the room was about 420 tiled. Had to remove them :P Then tried replacing with petals but they're just too expensive :( Ended up with placing a lot of grass lol.

Colour tiles could have worked quite nice?
Giving you more 'sweet' colours :)

I do agree there's a little too much grass, but I love the room overall,
Like the Mad Hatter's tea party / Alice in Wonderland style table :)

j0rd
29-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I really like it, its good.

There seems to be way too much grass and it looks rather empty where just the plants are

SackRace
29-09-2012, 11:59 AM
I like it so colourful!!

karter
29-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Colour tiles could have worked quite nice?
Giving you more 'sweet' colours :)

I do agree there's a little too much grass, but I love the room overall,
Like the Mad Hatter's tea party / Alice in Wonderland style table :)

thanks :P yeah i thought about color tiles but habbo was pretty dead back then so i couldnt go hunt for 400 colour tiles lol.

auffant1
29-09-2012, 01:01 PM
I really love the Clouds but not too keen on all black walls. Might like better with maybe Forest Walls or something :P.

karter
29-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I really love the Clouds but not too keen on all black walls. Might like better with maybe Forest Walls or something :P.

Yes I agree about the walls, I would prefer skyscraper windows though, forest walls would just make it too woody :P

lawrawrrr
29-09-2012, 02:10 PM
The designs where the furni are is really cool, great job!! The rest does look a bit bare though, if you were looking to improve it it could be worth considering a slightly smaller room so there's less grass. Some walls would look cool too, but I can't think what would look nice there!

I'm loving the rainbow/aurora borealis combination and the clouds btw ;D

Pigperson
29-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Your room looks really nice and colourful. One thing i think you could do is have a pathway around the grass to make it less repetitive. I agree with you on the room competitions voting system though.

Will

karter
29-09-2012, 04:30 PM
The designs where the furni are is really cool, great job!! The rest does look a bit bare though, if you were looking to improve it it could be worth considering a slightly smaller room so there's less grass. Some walls would look cool too, but I can't think what would look nice there!

I'm loving the rainbow/aurora borealis combination and the clouds btw ;D

---------- Post added 29-09-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

Your room looks really nice and colourful. One thing i think you could do is have a pathway around the grass to make it less repetitive. I agree with you on the room competitions voting system though.

Will

Thanks :P. I was thinking of making a river with floating marzipan men and chocolate mice to make it less repetitive, but deadline came and I had to send this in

Chris
29-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Such a cute room, I love the design! :)

Rainbow
29-09-2012, 06:49 PM
this rooms so cute and so is the badge you got for entering/won not too sure as i was away when this was happening wish i got the badge :(

Andii
30-09-2012, 09:55 AM
I love it tbh ;) love Katy perry haha and this room looks so yummy ;) haha nice work kart :) woop woop but like everyone said grass lol

LiquidLuck.
30-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I really love it, but needs more colour D:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!