PDA

View Full Version : Habbo on iPad

LiquidLuck.
30-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Can anyone tell me free applications so I can use Habbo on my iPad? Thank you <3

Moved by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): From 'Technology Discussion'.

Luke
30-09-2012, 10:20 PM
You can't. Not sufficiently. You could try this, but no guarantees it works, since iPad was never designed for flash applications

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/puffin-web-browser/id406239138?mt=8

LiquidLuck.
30-09-2012, 10:29 PM
You can't. Not sufficiently. You could try this, but no guarantees it works, since iPad was never designed for flash applications

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/puffin-web-browser/id406239138?mt=8

There is another thread about iPad apps for Habbo, but I think they are all paid. S:
I'll try this now. Thank you! <3

HotelUser
30-09-2012, 10:53 PM
iSwifter and Puffin are two examples of applications for iOS which would allow you to use Habbo on your iPad. Alternatively you could download Splashtop and install it on your PC, then run it on your iPad and use Habbo that way (this would be my method of choice).

I would remind you though, that unless the rules have changed, staff members aren't allowed to use any sort of tunnelling or remote desktop software to access the forum, or to login to their staff related Habbo accounts.

Tomm
30-09-2012, 11:09 PM
That rule makes no sense. So they would rather staff members login via a unsecured wifi connection (e.g public wifi hotspot) then use some kind of VPN of other tunnelling software? Also quite ironic that they seem to want to make these rules about security when the forum does not even use https for login.

iSwifter and Puffin are two examples of applications for iOS which would allow you to use Habbo on your iPad. Alternatively you could download Splashtop and install it on your PC, then run it on your iPad and use Habbo that way (this would be my method of choice).

I would remind you though, that unless the rules have changed, staff members aren't allowed to use any sort of tunnelling or remote desktop software to access the forum, or to login to their staff related Habbo accounts.

HotelUser
30-09-2012, 11:14 PM
That rule makes no sense. So they would rather staff members login via a unsecured wifi connection (e.g public wifi hotspot) then use some kind of VPN of other tunnelling software? Also quite ironic that they seem to want to make these rules about security when the forum does not even use https for login.

There have been instances before where desk staff have been on teamviewer or VNC with other users and those other users took advantage of the staff member's Habbo client. Same thing with staff and general and the forum, where non-staff were able to browse the staff forums via remote desktop.

It's a fairly legitimate rule I think (assuming that it's still enforced, anyway). I'm not certain how secure services like iSwifter are so notwithstanding the rule I would remain cautious using the service when it comes to passwords anyway.

Good point about the forum not requiring a secure connection for account authentication by the way, I'm not sure why this was never implemented.

Jack!
01-10-2012, 01:04 AM
There have been instances before where desk staff have been on teamviewer or VNC with other users and those other users took advantage of the staff member's Habbo client. Same thing with staff and general and the forum, where non-staff were able to browse the staff forums via remote desktop.

It's a fairly legitimate rule I think (assuming that it's still enforced, anyway). I'm not certain how secure services like iSwifter are so notwithstanding the rule I would remain cautious using the service when it comes to passwords anyway.

Good point about the forum not requiring a secure connection for account authentication by the way, I'm not sure why this was never implemented.

But, that makes no sense using a service like Teamviewer to connect to your own PC via iPad, when there are no other parties connected.

Mark
01-10-2012, 05:55 AM
Puffin Browser works fine for me, it's obviously not as good as a laptop/computer but it works.

Mr-Trainor
02-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Puffin Browser works fine for me, it's obviously not as good as a laptop/computer but it works.
Same for me, I used to use it occasionally. However, I found that it refreshed every 5-10 minutes and sometimes went quite slow, but if you really can't use a laptop/PC then I suppose it's better than nothing :P. It may have had an update since I used it though, so maybe it's better.

Catchy
02-10-2012, 06:02 PM
I used to use an app called Alwaysonpc which was alright, quite pricey though... But yeah it's not practical to use it on your ipad, to be frank it's ****.

Recursion
02-10-2012, 06:13 PM

Well thats awkward... I've not been following that rule for weeks...

Also HTTPS is a good idea, but it's up to Jin.

xxMATTGxx
02-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Looks like I need to be fired then. When my ISP has routing issues I always go through a tunnel to be able to access sites such as Habbox.

Recursion
02-10-2012, 07:56 PM
To be fair that's my tunnel... brb stealing yer passwords

HotelUser
03-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Looks like I need to be fired then. When my ISP has routing issues I always go through a tunnel to be able to access sites such as Habbox.

If I was still staff I would pull out the thread the GM made about it (might even of been you, I atleast remember you making a thread about TV/VNC) and then I would demand that you fire yourself immediately ;)

xxMATTGxx
03-10-2012, 09:46 AM
If I was still staff I would pull out the thread the GM made about it (might even of been you, I atleast remember you making a thread about TV/VNC) and then I would demand that you fire yourself immediately ;)

TeamViewing in is not the same as using a tunnel. Especially in the circumstances why some users use teamviewer :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!