PDA

View Full Version : BB randomly turning off

Cerys
02-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey
This all started a week ago -

Basically my blackberry curve 3520 keeps on turning off without me wanting it to. Not just the usual turn off like where you hold down the red button, but the turn off which occurs when you take the battery out.

Idk why it's doing it, but it's so annoying. My only theory is is that the battery may not be fitting in correctly causing a lose connection making it switch off.
Usually when it comes back on there's a sign which says 'Uncaught Exception: java.lang.Error' which I have no clue what it means...

But yeah, any advice? Like, should I just put up with it or take it to a shop to get help?

lawrawrrr
02-10-2012, 11:35 AM
My old one used to do this, when it was overworked it just goes SOZ NOPE and turns off. Never found a fix for it, but I did find that when I was closing apps after using them it helped to turn it off less often!

Cerys
02-10-2012, 11:38 AM
My old one used to do this, when it was overworked it just goes SOZ NOPE and turns off. Never found a fix for it, but I did find that when I was closing apps after using them it helped to turn it off less often!

Ooh I'll try this, thanks!
Haven't had a good experience with blackberry so far. Keeps messing up ;;

lawrawrrr
02-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Ooh I'll try this, thanks!
Haven't had a good experience with blackberry so far. Keeps messing up ;;
curves tend to do that :( if it persists it might be worth seeing if anything is actually wrong with it definitely

Jack!
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Did you install anything before it started doing it? Made any changes?

Cerys
02-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Did you install anything before it started doing it? Made any changes?

The only thing I have really done to my blackberry is got rid of the app store because whenever I had that open the phone froze.

Tbh now I'm thinking because I don't have an app store, my phone could be missing a vital update thing? :S

Jack!
02-10-2012, 12:21 PM
The only thing I have really done to my blackberry is got rid of the app store because whenever I had that open the phone froze.

Tbh now I'm thinking because I don't have an app store, my phone could be missing a vital update thing? :S

Nah, My blackberry originality never came with the app store.

Have you tried a restore/factory reset?

Cerys
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Nah, My blackberry originality never came with the app store.

Have you tried a restore/factory reset?

Tried it but there was no change

Jack!
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Tried it but there was no change

Hm, How many apps you got installed?

Might be worth a read: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9300-series-discussion-curve-3g/256112-uncaught-exception-java-lang-error.html

Cerys
02-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Hm, How many apps you got installed?

Might be worth a read: http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9300-series-discussion-curve-3g/256112-uncaught-exception-java-lang-error.html

Never really installed anything apart from one game, and I'll look at it. Thanks c:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!