PDA

View Full Version : Obama vs. Romney: Who will win? [ENDS 07/11/2012]

Grig
07-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Obama Vs. Romney: Who will win?
Ends: 07/11/2012

It's elections time in the US and it's time for this debate. Basically, I will try and be as brief as possible, as any statement I make would remove impartiality.

Here is a nice table, stating some differences: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Barack_Obama_vs_Mitt_Romney.

Moreover, there are some who think they stand for the exact same thing and don't view any candidate in a positive light:

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249514_529281793764859_527750972_n.jpg

Romney won the first debate; however, some say he had a lack of substance and criticized him for shouting out a few inaccurate facts.

That's all I'm going into for now. The rest is up to you to decide!

Happy debating!

FlyingJesus
07-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Obama will win because there is literally no reason that anyone has for supporting either of them other than the fact that they aren't the other one, and Obama is a more likeable personality (mostly because he manages successfully to hide the fact that he's dropped many times more bombs than Bush, murdered several thousand civilians while calling them "potential militia", and backed down on nearly every promise he's made) so that's how the voting will go.

If anyone can give me a reason FOR either candidate (ie: not "well [insert opposition name] [insert something they did/said]") then you'll be the first to have done so in the entire campaign so far

-:Undertaker:-
07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I agree with the two posts above entirely, both candidates are exactly the same and any differences they spout during the Presidential campaign won't be kept and are entirely intended to play to their traditional bases. Whoever wins, there will be more debt/more regulation/more taxation/ more war/more ignorance of the Constitution/more corporate lobbying/more debasement of the US Dollar/more federal government control and so on.

As for who is likely to win, probably Obama as he's better liar than Romney is because a) he's very good with a teleprompter & b) by slurringggggg the end of his words like thisssssssssss (similar to MLK) he appears to cast a spell over people - even though none of what he says is anything of substance or context hence why nobody actually remembers it without looking it up.

If I were in the US, i'd vote Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party - the only other party to secure ballot access in nearly all 50 US states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x9bkXVccAs

I have to add though, imagine if that debate was Ron Paul v Obama or even Obama v Romney v Johnson - the floor would be wiped clean, hence why only the two mainstream parties are allowed to partake in the debate ever since Ross Perot threatened them back in the 1990s.

FlyingJesus
07-10-2012, 06:58 PM
While his stats are spot on that is a terrible terrible advert for Gary Johnson :P the music alone makes him look like an ageing hippie lol, maybe if he had the financial backing that Obama and Romney have he'd be able to actually reach people better and make them more aware of his presence. Biggest problem for Libertarians is that people who would vote for them tend to vote Democrat simply because they fear that not doing so will make the Republican candidate win outright, totally ignoring the fact that neither Democrats nor Republicans actually have any libertarian views despite what their history suggests

Inseriousity.
07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
lol kept expecting to see an Apple sign after that advert. :P

I think Obama will win, Romney's made too many gaffes and it's naive to think politics is about policies (or we wouldn't have 3 parties that are the same either!) so don't think Romney will manage to close the gap.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I hope Obama will win just because he seems more likeable, and yes, I know that being media savvy is absolutely no bearing on who should be President, and that they're probably as bad as each other - but that's just my preference out of the two.

GommeInc
07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Better the devil you know, so it will probably be Obama. Both are about as bad as each other. Romney is a bit of a PR disaster, while Obama seems more likeable. There's no debate really, just "urgh" :P

BreakfastBacon
08-10-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't know alot of people are mad at Obama right now so i'm thinking Romney but he isnt innocent so tbh i have no idea =)

Husterdan
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
The way things are going Obama appears to be in with a winning chance.
Nonetheless it's a cruel choice and both are as bad as one another.

My vote would have been for Jill Stein.

Grimmauld
13-10-2012, 07:07 AM
i need obama to win lol.

13-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Romney is now ahead at around 49 to 47 apparently.

Chippiewill
13-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I suggest you watch the poll segment from the Daily Show 10.10 if you're really trying to read into the polls.

VintageOrange
26-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Who are you voting or rooting for ?
Post it below !

Thread merged by Chris (Forum Manager): As there is an official debate for this!

mrwoooooooo
27-10-2012, 12:38 AM
neither

27-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Gary Johnson.

FlyingJesus
27-10-2012, 01:50 AM
They are ultimately the same person politically, just one is more charismatic than the other which is apparently enough to sway voting

Grig
28-10-2012, 04:47 PM

It's a very complicated system. You may win the popular vote, but lose the electoral college votes and thus not get it. This is why they are battling for Ohio intensively. It's ironic that in a DEMOCRATIC country, the popular vote does not necessary correlate to an election win. This is how we got Bush over Gore initially in 2000.

Romney seems to be gaining a lot of momentum recently, and polls have all seen positive swings in his direction. Although, it's already getting tiresome with all these polls. Obama has an advantage in early voting, and has technically an easier route than Romney to get re-elected.

Ah well...the wait is not that long anymore!

October
01-11-2012, 03:01 AM
I don't want either of them but Obama is the lessor of two evils so hopefully him.
I wish Jill would win, though.

OldLoveSong
01-11-2012, 03:45 AM
no clue tbh, i dont rly follow american politics so i dno what is even happenin

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

FiftyCal
02-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Neither of them. Politically they are the same and funded by huge corperations and controlled. Trying to vote for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. I'm voting for Gary Johnson. Even if he doesnt win, it's better than voting for corruption because both support NDAA, TSA, Federal Reserve and other corrupt bills.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!