View Full Version : Habbox Habbo rules

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 07:56 PM
So I was wondering about how some people act in Habbo rooms that are an official part of Habbox like the HelpDesk or Events.

In the Help Desk, staff usually pays attention to rude people, bullies or people that are breaking the rules. But in Events though, the owner usually just cares about the game that is going on and doesn't do anything else.

So what I was thinking about was if the Habbox community couldn't have some power about what is going on in the official Habbox rooms in Habbo and lets say if someone is rude in Events, they should get banned from Official EVents for a while as well. Of course screenies would be needed and everything, but maybe bad behavior on Habbo could also have consequences in Habbox, since it's still part of the community.

Also if someone is extremely rude and racist on the forum but their post was also pointless, I don't think the only Moderator reason for warning them should be the second one, and it should be even more than just a warning..

Samantha
07-10-2012, 08:05 PM
I think it's easy to clone on Habbo, not as easy on Habbox Forum, if someones rude or banned from events for a while they'll come on a clone. Just like they do in the Help Desk. The thing is, in the Help Desk there are a lot of staff, in events there's the host and whichever EO, GM come down and it's harder to moderate when they'res people complaining in your event and someone spamming etc.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I think it's easy to clone on Habbo, not as easy on Habbox Forum, if someones rude or banned from events for a while they'll come on a clone. Just like they do in the Help Desk. The thing is, in the Help Desk there are a lot of staff, in events there's the host and whichever EO, GM come down and it's harder to moderate when they'res people complaining in your event and someone spamming etc.

Then if moderation is a problem in events, a rule could be made about a need of another EO moderating the current event room? That would solve a big part of it. I understand the host needs to be focused on the game, but most of them don't even read what people in the room say.

GoldenMerc
07-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Habbo is easy to clone on, on the other hand Habbox isn't as Habbox can trace IPs and so forth. Never the less if you believe someone is using a clone to cause chaos or be nasty to someone in the helpdesk id contact xxMATTGxx; and see what he can do from there

Samantha
07-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Then if moderation is a problem in events, a rule could be made about a need of another EO moderating the current event room? That would solve a big part of it. I understand the host needs to be focused on the game, but most of them don't even read what people in the room say.

It's not needed, it's the host's event not the one moderating, I know I wouldn't want to be just sat in a room watching for someone to do wrong and not get the credit for it. Also, nothing much you can do apart from warning or kicking, Events isn't like the Help Desk and it doesn't need to be enforced in my opinion. Frankly, though, if someone is being rude then ignore them? Surely that would solve some of the problem too, eventually they'll tire of it and also the host might have seen what's happening then.

A Habbox Event should be fun, we shouldn't be moderating it for a host and if someone's being rude, report them, they have Habbo Moderators too.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Habbo is easy to clone on, on the other hand Habbox isn't as Habbox can trace IPs and so forth. Never the less if you believe someone is using a clone to cause chaos or be nasty to someone in the helpdesk id contact xxMATTGxx; and see what he can do from there

The problem is that it isn't a clone. It's a main account. And it's not in the Help Desk. I can handle what is going on in the Help Desk because as Staff, I can give warnings and kick if needed or even ask for a ban if someone isn't able to learn.
My current problem was in an Events room and with someone that just has nothing else to do. This person keeps being rude and racist like I said above, and it just doesn't seem as if she will or wants to stop.
Thanks to this person, arguments are created not only in the Help Desk but in EVents rooms, and nothing seems to be done but giving some warnings and temporare bans from the Help Desk..

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 09:23 PM ----------

It's not needed, it's the host's event not the one moderating, I know I wouldn't want to be just sat in a room watching for someone to do wrong and not get the credit for it. Also, nothing much you can do apart from warning or kicking, Events isn't like the Help Desk and it doesn't need to be enforced in my opinion. Frankly, though, if someone is being rude then ignore them? Surely that would solve some of the problem too, eventually they'll tire of it and also the host might have seen what's happening then.

A Habbox Event should be fun, we shouldn't be moderating it for a host and if someone's being rude, report them, they have Habbo Moderators too.

In the Help Desk you can temporare bans, that's more than what is done in events and most stuff isn't noticed and if you're banned, it's because the owner wants to. In the Help Desk, anyone can do it. Maybe in Events all EO's could have the choice of giving a temporare ban from Events.

Samantha
07-10-2012, 08:24 PM
PM Matt, Myke, Mike, Mathew or Alex then? If they're staff it's more likely something will be done.

Temporary bans should only be given for THAT event, why would I ban someone from my event when I was staff if someone was rude in yours? It's not needed, if they continue to do it then ban them from THAT event in progress, not more than one for the same reason. That's what I was told before that only that is allowed.

sex
07-10-2012, 08:38 PM
this thread is obviously about one user in particular and im going to go with wixard; you shouldn't target people on the forum, complain over PM
i never noticed a problem in events

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 08:50 PM
this thread is obviously about one user in particular and im going to go with wixard; you shouldn't target people on the forum, complain over PM
i never noticed a problem in events

I'm not targeting anyone as I didn't even say names and I'm now talking about Events in general.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 09:52 PM ----------

PM Matt, Myke, Mike, Mathew or Alex then? If they're staff it's more likely something will be done.

Temporary bans should only be given for THAT event, why would I ban someone from my event when I was staff if someone was rude in yours? It's not needed, if they continue to do it then ban them from THAT event in progress, not more than one for the same reason. That's what I was told before that only that is allowed.

But imagine someone is extremely rude. For example in the Help Desk there are more than 1 hour bans. In Events if someone crosses the line, maybe that should exist as well. And like I said before, most times the owner is too busy hosting to noticing it so it just slips through.

Samantha
07-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm not targeting anyone as I didn't even say names and I'm now talking about Events in general.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 09:52 PM ----------

But imagine someone is extremely rude. For example in the Help Desk there are more than 1 hour bans. In Events if someone crosses the line, maybe that should exist as well. And like I said before, most times the owner is too busy hosting to noticing it so it just slips through.

Yes but it happened in that event? The Help Desk is one room so it's fine to give longer bans. Also, you're saying that some people should be banned longer than one event, so the host has to take time from their event to check who is in their event room to make sure no one who is banned is in it? That will not solve it at all, it's just taking their focus off the event which should be of upmost importance throughout.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Habbo has an ignore button, use it.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Habbo has an ignore button, use it.

Is that a reason why I can be rude to anyone in the Habbox community and get away with it?

Samantha
07-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Is that a reason why I can be rude to anyone in the Habbox community and get away with it?

You can't and you won't though? There's a difference between saying and doing. Like the rep thread suggested a while back, you can't -rep someone for something that isn't forum related. Say this is about a non-staff member, you can't ban or infract them on the forum, nor should they be banned longer than an hour in an event.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Yes but it happened in that event? The Help Desk is one room so it's fine to give longer bans. Also, you're saying that some people should be banned longer than one event, so the host has to take time from their event to check who is in their event room to make sure no one who is banned is in it? That will not solve it at all, it's just taking their focus off the event which should be of upmost importance throughout.

It's exactly the same in the Help Desk and there isn't a problem with it. Also the previous host could just warn the next one. I don't see how that would be a problem.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

You can't and you won't though? There's a difference between saying and doing. Like the rep thread suggested a while back, you can't -rep someone for something that isn't forum related. Say this is about a non-staff member, you can't ban or infract them on the forum, nor should they be banned longer than an hour in an event.

I'm seeing this as a paradox here. So ''there is an ignore button just use it'' but then I can't do the same? Just because I'm Staff? So anyone who isn't staff can be rude, racist, bully and nothing will happen?

Samantha
07-10-2012, 09:03 PM
It's exactly the same in the Help Desk and there isn't a problem with it. Also the previous host could just warn the next one. I don't see how that would be a problem.

They could warn the next one IF or WHEN they do something wrong, they're not going to refuse them to play their event for something that happened in yours.

It's not exactly the same in the Help Desk AT ALL. The Help Desk is something that doesn't always need your attention, you have time to look at the banned list and if someone is in who shouldn't then you kick them. If that occurred in an event you'd have to look at the thread when in an event you should be doing rounds with your attention on top. Also, you'd need to check the list a lot if there were a few who were banned as like me and GoldenMerc; said it's far too easy to clone. The problem with the event is that it's only for an hour, the Help Desk is a continuous thing.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Also about the -repping there is multiple reasons why you could -Rep someone and get away with it even if it's for something that happened in Habbo. For once, not having the same opinion as someone. That's a valid reason to -Rep them.

Samantha
07-10-2012, 09:06 PM

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

I'm seeing this as a paradox here. So ''there is an ignore button just use it'' but then I can't do the same? Just because I'm Staff? So anyone who isn't staff can be rude, racist, bully and nothing will happen?

I'm not saying that, but the thing is you're STAFF you're setting and EXAMPLE for Habbox, some people are just rude to troll and why should you retaliate to them. Also, regardless if you're staff or not the latter applies, why should they infract you if you start calling people ******* ******* ***** (on Habbo)? They wouldn't, you'd probably get fired whereas non-staff members can't get fired.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:11 PM
They could warn the next one IF or WHEN they do something wrong, they're not going to refuse them to play their event for something that happened in yours.

It's not exactly the same in the Help Desk AT ALL. The Help Desk is something that doesn't always need your attention, you have time to look at the banned list and if someone is in who shouldn't then you kick them. If that occurred in an event you'd have to look at the thread when in an event you should be doing rounds with your attention on top. Also, you'd need to check the list a lot if there were a few who were banned as like me and GoldenMerc; said it's far too easy to clone. The problem with the event is that it's only for an hour, the Help Desk is a continuous thing.

I don't see why not as ALL events are part of Habbox and it's ONE department. Not multiple hosts doing whatever they want without any kind of supervision.

Also if the time is the issue you seem to be bringing up, there is LOTS of times before your event. That would be like saying posting in the CNB takes too much time and attention from the event. Doesn't make sense.. Also why would you need to look at the thread when in an event? It's your own event so you would know who you banned. And about previous bans like I said, they could check them before their own events.
Also obviously is far too easy to clone. It's done in the Help Desk, but bans still exist there. If it's done in one Department, why not in another? I don't see what would be the issue with that.
And like I said at the beginning of this comment, Habbox Events in ONE department, just like the Help Desk so I don't see why it should be treated as a DIScontinuous thing.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:12 PM ----------

I'm not saying that, but the thing is you're STAFF you're setting and EXAMPLE for Habbox, some people are just rude to troll and why should you retaliate to them. Also, regardless if you're staff or not the latter applies, why should they infract you if you start calling people ******* ******* ***** (on Habbo)? They wouldn't, you'd probably get fired whereas non-staff members can't get fired.

I'm not contradicting this part of what you're saying but this is exactly the reason why I think there should be consequences for non-staff as well.

Samantha
07-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't see why not as ALL events are part of Habbox and it's ONE department. Not multiple hosts doing whatever they want without any kind of supervision.

Also if the time is the issue you seem to be bringing up, there is LOTS of times before your event. That would be like saying posting in the CNB takes too much time and attention from the event. Doesn't make sense.. Also why would you need to look at the thread when in an event? It's your own event so you would know who you banned. And about previous bans like I said, they could check them before their own events.
Also obviously is far too easy to clone. It's done in the Help Desk, but bans still exist there. If it's done in one Department, why not in another? I don't see what would be the issue with that.
And like I said at the beginning of this comment, Habbox Events in ONE department, just like the Help Desk so I don't see why it should be treated as a DIScontinuous thing.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:12 PM ----------

I'm not contradicting this part of what you're saying but this is exactly the reason why I think there should be consequences for non-staff as well.

No, not many people have lots of time before their event, some book at last minute, also you'd have to look at the thread as you're saying temporary ban them from Habbox Events, that means all EOs not just one so yes it would take time. A fail in the matter is, if you have walls covering the doorway and don't have VIP you probably can't tell who is in your room without removing the wall, thus taking more time. Just like the ban thread you'd need.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 09:21 PM

It's too much hassle to set up some sort of 'Habbox Event Ban List', especially when they can create other accounts, when you can simply use ignore.

wixard
07-10-2012, 09:21 PM
i haven't had a help desk ban in years lol

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:22 PM
No, not many people have lots of time before their event, some book at last minute, also you'd have to look at the thread as you're saying temporary ban them from Habbox Events, that means all EOs not just one so yes it would take time. A fail in the matter is, if you have walls covering the doorway and don't have VIP you probably can't tell who is in your room without removing the wall, thus taking more time. Just like the ban thread you'd need.

Not all events are booked at the last minute and shouldn't be so I don't see why even bring up those, to be honest. And looking at that thread would take what? Another 2mins? How is that some precious time lost or anything? It'd be the time of getting people to come to the room and enter the playing area.
About knowing who is or isn't in the room, most hosts don't have walls or have wired so that's a problem solved.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:23 PM ----------

It's too much hassle to set up some sort of 'Habbox Event Ban List', especially when they can create other accounts, when you can simply use ignore.

Would you say that about the Help Desk? Obviously not. So why say it about Events? Exactly the same can happen.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:24 PM ----------

i haven't had a help desk ban in years lol

Not true actually. You had a 2 hours ban in the 18th of last month.

Samantha
07-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Not all events are booked at the last minute and shouldn't be so I don't see why even bring up those, to be honest. And looking at that thread would take what? Another 2mins? How is that some precious time lost or anything? It'd be the time of getting people to come to the room and enter the playing area.
About knowing who is or isn't in the room, most hosts don't have walls or have wired so that's a problem solved.

Would you say that about the Help Desk? Obviously not. So why say it about Events? Exactly the same can happen.

LMAO at you twisting my words, I never said ALL were booked at the last minute, you BROUGHT IT UP in the first place so I'm obviously going to reply. Yes, two minutes, if there's a lot on the ban list that would happen a lot in the event, you wouldn't just have to look before a round, people come in and out of events all the time and rooms for that matter. It's a rule that is so not needed in events, it's pointless just because of your personal experience.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 09:28 PM

Yes, I would say it about the help desk - it would be too much hassle to have a list of 'Ban these people from the help desk:', of course it doesn't take too much common sense for the [people on duty to just have a 'ban on sight' until they're off duty - events are all individual, so it's too much hassle to arrange something that is cross-events.

Just use ignore, it's plain and simple.

Samantha
07-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes, I would say it about the help desk - it would be too much hassle to have a list of 'Ban these people from the help desk:', of course it doesn't take too much common sense for the [people on duty to just have a 'ban on sight' until they're off duty - events are all individual, so it's too much hassle to arrange something that is cross-events.

That, individual is the word I've needed. I remember when I was in the Help Desk we did have a list of banned people. Also, LiquidLuck.; persistent rule break on Habbo(xForum) may get you on DNHL.

sex
07-10-2012, 09:30 PM

Well there goes you whole "not targeting anyone theory" and im pretty sure that ban was rejected? If not why are you posting private info about bans in public, or is this allowed? Ms.Aquamarine;

Just the ignore button like everyone is saying, its not a problem for anyone else. If she is rude in you events use the warning system :)

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM
LMAO at you twisting my words, I never said ALL were booked at the last minute, you BROUGHT IT UP in the first place so I'm obviously going to reply. Yes, two minutes, if there's a lot on the ban list that would happen a lot in the event, you wouldn't just have to look before a round, people come in and out of events all the time and rooms for that matter. It's a rule that is so not needed in events, it's pointless just because of your personal experience.

EVents shouldn't be booked at the last minute and if they are, like I said, it wouldn't take more than 2mins to check the thread. Also, I don't see how I twisted your words and I didn't bring last minute events up?
Also obviously an Events Ban List wouldn't be that long. There would be what? 2 people top in a very offensive week? Also I understand bans wouldn't be extra long, but I think more than the time of the one event occurring is needed or someone will be just really rude at the end of it and obviously get away with it.
Hosts would need to check it once before their events and that would be it. I don't see why you bring up the need of checking it more (if that's what you meant in the 2nd, 3rd line, I didn't really get it).

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:33 PM ----------

But as you obviously know, there IS a Help Desk Ban List.. so doing it for EVents would just take the same time which everything does. If you want to change anything, of course it takes time. It's not a reason not to do it.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
EVents shouldn't be booked at the last minute and if they are, like I said, it wouldn't take more than 2mins to check the thread. Also, I don't see how I twisted your words and I didn't bring last minute events up?
Also obviously an Events Ban List wouldn't be that long. There would be what? 2 people top in a very offensive week? Also I understand bans wouldn't be extra long, but I think more than the time of the one event occurring is needed or someone will be just really rude at the end of it and obviously get away with it.
Hosts would need to check it once before their events and that would be it. I don't see why you bring up the need of checking it more (if that's what you meant in the 2nd, 3rd line, I didn't really get it).

If the list would only be 2 people top, then what would be the point to waste 2 minutes before each event looking at it?

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:34 PM
That, individual is the word I've needed. I remember when I was in the Help Desk we did have a list of banned people. Also, LiquidLuck.; persistent rule break on Habbo(xForum) may get you on DNHL.

Okay, imagine I'm a member of Habbox for 3 years and I don't plan on applying for any job. I can go around being rude in every other Event just because there will be NO consequences? I can be rude to staff? Racist to other users? How can you tell me that is fair?

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Moderating events similar to the Help Desk will always be a difficult job to do. I would say if someone is being very rude or abusive to a number of people in the room then the host will most likely deal with the situation. But if one of the those cases where it is aimed at one person then some times it can be quite hard to see and if the host is busy concentrating on the actual game which I would expect then you can't really blame them. Having two people in each event as a requirement while one hosts and the other moderates is going to be a no - Well I'm not saying you can't do it but it's not going to be forced.

Just report the user to the moderators in the client and even ignore the user if needed. Now if this person is causing trouble in a lot of Habbox events or Help Desk then please do contact a member of General Management or Events Management about the situation. We have in the past banned people from even taking part in events but that is only done on the more serious cases and them doing it in a multiple events and causing issues for everyone.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 09:35 PM

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:33 PM ----------

But as you obviously know, there IS a Help Desk Ban List.. so doing it for EVents would just take the same time which everything does. If you want to change anything, of course it takes time. It's not a reason not to do it.

I didn't know that there was a help desk ban list, but I got he message from your last post to assume there was one. The reason not to do this is that it's pointless. If I got banned from a Habbox event for causing grief, why wouldn't I come back on my clone to cause grief? If it breaks the Habbo Rules, report them - if they're just annoying - ignore them. It's nothing to do with Habbox really.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Okay, imagine I'm a member of Habbox for 3 years and I don't plan on applying for any job. I can go around being rude in every other Event just because there will be NO consequences? I can be rude to staff? Racist to other users? How can you tell me that is fair?

Every event? That would be noticed by a lot of people and even staff. You would then be reported to Events Management or General Management and most likely banned from entering Habbox Events. But that would be considered the more "Serious Cases" as you are trying to cause issues in nearly every Habbox event.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 09:36 PM

Habbox isn't responsible for the behaviour of users outside of Habbox.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Well there goes you whole "not targeting anyone theory" and im pretty sure that ban was rejected? If not why are you posting private info about bans in public, or is this allowed? Ms.Aquamarine;

Just the ignore button like everyone is saying, its not a problem for anyone else. If she is rude in you events use the warning system :)

As I repeat, I wasn't targeting anyone, I just answered her question as I was the one she was targeting at the time she was given the ban. Also if she got the ban, it obviously wasn't rejected.

And about the ignore button, I've given situations above where this can just be considered as stupid and unsolving of everything.

GoldenMerc
07-10-2012, 09:39 PM
I think you should be able to -rep on regards to reputation, but thats just my opinion

Kardan
07-10-2012, 09:40 PM
As I repeat, I wasn't targeting anyone, I just answered her question as I was the one she was targeting at the time she was given the ban. Also if she got the ban, it obviously wasn't rejected.

And about the ignore button, I've given situations above where this can just be considered as stupid and unsolving of everything.

What situations? Rude to staff -> Ignore. Racist to staff -> Ignore and report to MODs.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Moderating events simialr to the Help Desk will always be a difficult job to do. I would say if someone is being very rude or abusive to a number of people in the room then the host will most likely deal with the situation. But if one of the those cases where it is aimed at one person then some times it can be quite hard to see and if the host is busy concentrating on the actual game which I would expect then you can't really blame them. Having two people in each event as a requirement while one hosts and the other moderates is going to be a no - Well I'm not saying you can't do it but it's not going to be forced.

Just report the user to the moderators in the client and even ignore the user if needed. Now if this person is causing trouble in a lot of Habbox events or Help Desk then please do contact a member of General Management or Events Management about the situation. We have in the past banned people from even taking part in events but that is only done on the more serious cases and them doing it in a multiple events and causing issues for everyone.

That's why I said earlier that maybe in events there should be another EO moderating the room, helping around as the host is more focused on hosting a good game (and I understand it as I'm an EO myself), the other EO could have the job of moderating only. This couldn't obviously be any EO, but one with more experience. If only one EO isn't able to Host+Moderate, like they should, then another one should be required.
Also the thing about PMing GM is that you don't know if they have even read the PM you sent, so I never feel confortable with it because who knows if I'm not just being ignored.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:43 PM ----------

I didn't know that there was a help desk ban list, but I got he message from your last post to assume there was one. The reason not to do this is that it's pointless. If I got banned from a Habbox event for causing grief, why wouldn't I come back on my clone to cause grief? If it breaks the Habbo Rules, report them - if they're just annoying - ignore them. It's nothing to do with Habbox really.

In this comment, you're actually kind of giving me reason, as you're saying clones shouldn't be talked about.
It has actually everything to do with Habbox as it's a community and it's Habbox Events, Habbox Help Desk, Habbox Community.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
That's why I said earlier that maybe in events there should be another EO moderating the room, helping around as the host is more focused on hosting a good game (and I understand it as I'm an EO myself), the other EO could have the job of moderating only. This couldn't obviously be any EO, but one with more experience. If only one EO isn't able to Host+Moderate, like they should, then another one should be required.
Also the thing about PMing GM is that you don't know if they have even read the PM you sent, so I never feel confortable with it because who knows if I'm not just being ignored.

If a Events Host wants another member of events staff in the room to moderate then sure whatever. But that isn't going to be forced in the department for it to be required - It's optional. If you want to have that going on in your events then fine. I don't remember seeing any rules about that from stopping it.

In terms of the whole "PMing GM" -As for myself, I read all the Pm's I receive and if they are ones that are directed to me or directed to General Management then then they will always get a reply unless for some reason it has been forgotten about. If anything has been forgotten about then sending me a friendly reminder PM or a VM wouldn't be an issue and I'm sure I will check anything out to make sure you or anyone else gets a reply.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 09:45 PM

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:43 PM ----------

In this comment, you're actually kind of giving me reason, as you're saying clones shouldn't be talked about.
It has actually everything to do with Habbox as it's a community and it's Habbox Events, Habbox Help Desk, Habbox Community.

When did I say clones shouldn't be talked about? The fact is, if somebody is so intent on wrecking each event, then a ban list won't do anything, and perhaps saying it has nothing to do with Habbox is the wrong wording, sure it reflects on Habbox, but they don't have the power to do something outside of Habbox.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Every event? That would be noticed by a lot of people and even staff. You would then be reported to Events Management or General Management and most likely banned from entering Habbox Events. But that would be considered the more "Serious Cases" as you are trying to cause issues in nearly every Habbox event.

''EVery event'' was obviously an hyperbole..

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:47 PM ----------

Habbox isn't responsible for the behaviour of users outside of Habbox.

It's not outside of Habbox as it's Habbox Habbo rooms, like I said..

I think you should be able to -rep on regards to reputation, but thats just my opinion

On regards to reputation? Meaning? S:

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 09:47 PM
''EVery event'' was obviously an hyperbole..

It's not outside of Habbox as it's Habbox Habbo rooms, like I said..

Even so, if a user is causing a lot of issues in most events then sure we can look into it and maybe ban them from all events if needed. But that would be considered a serious case and not just a single attack against one user. Plus bans like that are never 100% effective because we cannot moderate Habbo the same way as we can do on HabboxForum.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:48 PM
What situations? Rude to staff -> Ignore. Racist to staff -> Ignore and report to MODs.

Either way anyone who does it gets away with it. Doesn't sound fair.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:50 PM ----------

If a Events Host wants another member of events staff in the room to moderate then sure whatever. But that isn't going to be forced in the department for it to be required - It's optional. If you want to have that going on in your events then fine. I don't remember seeing any rules about that from stopping it.

In terms of the whole "PMing GM" -As for myself, I read all the Pm's I receive and if they are ones that are directed to me or directed to General Management then then they will always get a reply unless for some reason it has been forgotten about. If anything has been forgotten about then sending me a friendly reminder PM or a VM wouldn't be an issue and I'm sure I will check anything out to make sure you or anyone else gets a reply.

I'm not saying there are rules forcing or stopping me. I'm saying that the reason why some people get away with being rude in events if because the host is too busy hosting, so I don't see why another EO moderating would be a bad idea, I actually think it'd be a good one.

And alright, I'll make sure I'll always get a reply then.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 09:51 PM

I'm not saying there are rules forcing or stopping me. I'm saying that the reason why some people get away with being rude in events if because the host is too busy hosting, so I don't see why another EO moderating would be a bad idea, I actually think it'd be a good one.

I never really said there was rules stop you from doing it really. I was more saying it's an optional choice for the events organiser if they want some help in their event.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM
When did I say clones shouldn't be talked about? The fact is, if somebody is so intent on wrecking each event, then a ban list won't do anything, and perhaps saying it has nothing to do with Habbox is the wrong wording, sure it reflects on Habbox, but they don't have the power to do something outside of Habbox.

If you say you wouldn't create a clone just to do the same thing then, I see it as that since I wasn't the one bringing up clones and people who get clones to do the same thing and break the rules are just noobs so Idk why talk about them as they should be treated like their main.

Also if someone was banned at the beginning of an event, the bans last one hour, so they would obviously fail at wrecking events.

They do have the power. THey obviously do have it. That's why warnings/Ban Lists/consequences exist. But nothing is done.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 10:54 PM ----------

Even so, if a user is causing a lot of issues in most events then sure we can look into it and maybe ban them from all events if needed. But that would be considered a serious case and not just a single attack against one user. Plus bans like that are never 100% effective because we cannot moderate Habbo the same way as we can do on HabboxForum.

So single attacks against one or other users get away with no consequences? And one ban lasts for one hour. That's the time of one Event. I think it's be effective enough.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
You expect all events to have some moderation the same level as the HxHD when there is staff behind the bar. That is not going to happen at all and you can't expect it to happen anyway. You don't expect that in all the habbo rooms do you? The whole two people in the room to make sure the room can be moderated could never be done 100% even if it was put into action.

To be honest, I don't even know what was said in this event.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I never really said there was rules stop you from doing it really. I was more saying it's an optional choice for the events organiser if they want some help in their event.

Yes, exactly, but my point is that more than just ''optional'' it should at least be recommended and thought about as I think it's improve moderation in events and it'd be so helpful because not only the host could put all his focus into hosting a really good event, but the other EO could take care of the blockers, people breaking the rules, and it'd be way more efficient.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Yes, exactly, but my point is that more than just ''optional'' it should at least be recommended and thought about as I think it's improve moderation in events and it'd be so helpful because not only the host could put all his focus into hosting a really good event, but the other EO could take care of the blockers, people breaking the rules, and it'd be way more efficient.

Recommended/Optional still wouldn't mean it would be forced upon the department. It could never happen effectively anyway.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 09:58 PM

Getting away with it? Not fair? What do you expect Habbox to do? A ban list for events simply won't achieve anything for the many reasons mentioned before. It should be common sense for an EO to ban if need be, and even if they're not banned or kicked from the room, whats the harm in using ignore?

wixard
07-10-2012, 09:59 PM
you need to get over it
i said one thing to you in one event ever

grow a backbone

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 09:59 PM
You expect all events to have some moderation the same level as the HxHD when there is staff behind the bar. That is not going to happen at all and you can't expect it to happen anyway. You don't expect that in all the habbo rooms do you?

To be honest, I don't even know what was said in this event.

If it is to actually target the person here then, in this and more events and even the help desk I keep being called a mexican and this word preceded or followed by sentences like ''so you don't have rights to an opinion'', ''so you cant have a say in things'' or just by the words ''dirty mexican''.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 10:01 PM
If it is to actually target the person here then, in this and more events and even the help desk I keep being called a mexican and this word preceded or followed by sentences like ''so you don't have rights to an opinion'', ''so you cant have a say in things'' or just by the words ''dirty mexican''.

The first part of being called a Mexican - Is that really an insult? I mean I wouldn't mind if someone called me German as I know I'm not. In terms of "So you don't have rights to an opinion" is slightly rude but does that warrant them to be banned from events? No not really.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Recommended/Optional still wouldn't mean it would be forced upon the department. It could never happen effectively anyway.

I don't see why not. In my view, it would. The other EO would ONLY have the right to moderate and not have anything to do with the game. If it was a trusted EO with more experience, it'd go 100% fine.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:02 PM ----------

Getting away with it? Not fair? What do you expect Habbox to do? A ban list for events simply won't achieve anything for the many reasons mentioned before. It should be common sense for an EO to ban if need be, and even if they're not banned or kicked from the room, whats the harm in using ignore?

I think it would as people would think twice before breaking the rules as it happens in the HD. The harm of using ignore is people keeping dashing your name even if you can't listen to them/read what they say.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't see why not. In my view, it would. The other EO would ONLY have the right to moderate and not have anything to do with the game. If it was a trusted EO with more experience, it'd go 100% fine.

It isn't going to happen because it's flawed. You can't expect to have another EO in your events every time an event is hosted. As at some point there will be a time when that won't be possible.

Habbox Events and the Help Desk are two different things, the moderation should not be compared also.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:03 PM
you need to get over it
i said one thing to you in one event ever

grow a backbone

First I don't think I'm the one that needs to grow up as you're always the one starting the arguments.
Second it was more than just one event so don't forget about that.
Also I wouldn't mind to get over it, but you keep bringing it up and not leaving me alone.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 10:04 PM

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:02 PM ----------

I think it would as people would think twice before breaking the rules as it happens in the HD. The harm of using ignore is people keeping dashing your name even if you can't listen to them/read what they say.

I don't think people would be too scared on appearing on some list, when they'll just be able to reenter on another account, and I don't use Habbo anymore so I haven't got a clue what the ignore thing means.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:05 PM
The first part of being called a Mexican - Is that really an insult? I mean I wouldn't mind if someone called me German as I know I'm not. In terms of "So you don't have rights to an opinion" is slightly rude but does that warrant them to be banned from events? No not really.

It's not only slightly rude but extremely racist.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 10:06 PM
It's not only slightly rude but extremely racist.

Have you tried reporting the user to the Habbo moderators if it is clear that it is racist? I don't really fancy making events have the same sort of moderation as Help Desk. It seems you went into a event this evening and came across an issue with another user who was also in the event. Which then caused you to make this feedback thread.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:07 PM
It isn't going to happen because it's flawed. You can't expect to have another EO in your events every time an event is hosted. As at some point there will be a time when that won't be possible.

Habbox Events and the Help Desk are two different things, the moderation should not be compared also.

In like 90% of events hosted there is at least one other EO in the room and that EO isn't even always playing. I'm not saying that at 3AM in a school night it would be possible, but most Habbox users also don't attempt those events so that's a slow time and I agree moderation isn't as required as it would be at idk 7PM when most members are online.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 10:09 PM
In like 90% of events hosted there is at least one other EO in the room and that EO isn't even always playing. I'm not saying that at 3AM in a school night it would be possible, but most Habbox users also don't attempt those events so that's a slow time and I agree moderation isn't as required as it would be at idk 7PM when most members are online.

And is this an issue that major that it is happening in 90% of Habbox Events? Now that is the question.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't think people would be too scared on appearing on some list, when they'll just be able to reenter on another account, and I don't use Habbo anymore so I haven't got a clue what the ignore thing means.

The Ignore button is just a way of you not being able to read what another user is saying. So basically they could keep insulting you and saying whatever about you, and you wouldn't know. So that's just idk forgot the word but it isn't worth anything and in my opinion is even worse and you wouldn't be able to protect yourself.

Also it's not about the being scared of appearing on a list, but if they did, they wouldn't be able to cause more trouble in those events they are banned from.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 10:11 PM

Just because another EO is in the room, doesn't mean they should be 'on duty' as of such. And being called 'Mexican' isn't racist, you may find it offensive (and if you do, report it like everyone else would do so), but it isn't racist.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Have you tried reporting the user to the Habbo moderators if it is clear that it is racist? I don't really fancy making events have the same sort of moderation as Help Desk. It seems you went into a event this evening and came across an issue with another user who was also in the event. Which then caused you to make this feedback thread.

Yes and it takes about 10mins to get Helpers to look at it and since most Helpers are from the US or UK, not wanting to offend anyone, they don't care about racist like Idk someone like me who isn't from an English speaker country does.
It's not only about the event this evening, but it has happened more times and even once I asked for the attention of the room owner that was too busy hosting to pay attention.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 10:12 PM
The Ignore button is just a way of you not being able to read what another user is saying. So basically they could keep insulting you and saying whatever about you, and you wouldn't know. So that's just idk forgot the word but it isn't worth anything and in my opinion is even worse and you wouldn't be able to protect yourself.

Also it's not about the being scared of appearing on a list, but if they did, they wouldn't be able to cause more trouble in those events they are banned from.

Well if its offending you, why would you want to read it? And yes, if someone was on the list, they could easily cause more trouble in the event, come back on a clone account...

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:13 PM
And is this an issue that major that it is happening in 90% of Habbox Events? Now that is the question.

But the other EO wouldn't be there JUST to warn rude people. THey would control blockers that are a problem in 99% of Events as well.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:13 PM ----------

Just because another EO is in the room, doesn't mean they should be 'on duty' as of such. And being called 'Mexican' isn't racist, you may find it offensive (and if you do, report it like everyone else would do so), but it isn't racist.

''you're a mexican so you don't have rights to an opinion'' isn't racist? Really? Is that your point of view?

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Blockers is nothing to do with this. They are a different issue! :P

Kardan
07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
But the other EO wouldn't be there JUST to warn rude people. THey would control blockers that are a problem in 99% of Events as well.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:13 PM ----------

''you're a mexican so you don't have rights to an opinion'' isn't racist? Really? Is that your point of view?

There's a different to that and just being called 'Mexican', obviously that sentence is offensive. And from all the events I've not attended, I've not seen an issue where another EO is needed because people are blocking, usually the hosting EO is usually smart enough to realise that people are blocking.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Well if its offending you, why would you want to read it? And yes, if someone was on the list, they could easily cause more trouble in the event, come back on a clone account...

That's why the clone would be treated as their main account. In the Help Desk Ban List there is also a list of clones from their main account. Also if someone wouldn't get tired of appearing with clones in Events, then they'd be noobs.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 10:16 PM
That's why the clone would be treated as their main account. In the Help Desk Ban List there is also a list of clones from their main account. Also if someone wouldn't get tired of appearing with clones in Events, then they'd be noobs.

Yes, but what happens when the clone account gets banned? Another one gets created.

Habbox cannot moderate Habbo.

wixard
07-10-2012, 10:16 PM
tbh kikali just wanted her post count up so she made this thread

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Blockers is nothing to do with this. They are a different issue! :P

It's about the other EO in the events. They would deal with all that. It was my example of another Events issue.
Having another EO moderating the room, I think would be really good as the owner would only care about the game and hosting correctly, and if there were problems in the line, in the room, then the EO moderating the room would take care of it.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:18 PM ----------

There's a different to that and just being called 'Mexican', obviously that sentence is offensive. And from all the events I've not attended, I've not seen an issue where another EO is needed because people are blocking, usually the hosting EO is usually smart enough to realise that people are blocking.

Like I said before, the being called mexican was always followed with a racist sentence.
And yes, some EO's might be smart enough to realize people are blocking, but others aren't and that's a problem I see a lot in Events and hosts take ages to deal with it as they are interested in hosting the game that is going on.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:19 PM ----------

Yes, but what happens when the clone account gets banned? Another one gets created.

Habbox cannot moderate Habbo.

It's just the same in the Help Desk and moderation works perfectly fine there because there isn't just one person dealing with all of it, but a group of staff. That's what I think should happen in Events.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't think this even happens in 90% of Habbox events and therefore I do not see the problem about the moderation of the events.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:20 PM
tbh kikali just wanted her post count up so she made this thread

Yes, because I have nothing else to do. -.-
No, I'm actually taking Events organisation seriously as I think it needs improvement.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 10:22 PM
It's about the other EO in the events. They would deal with all that. It was my example of another Events issue.
Having another EO moderating the room, I think would be really good as the owner would only care about the game and hosting correctly, and if there were problems in the line, in the room, then the EO moderating the room would take care of it.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:18 PM ----------

Like I said before, the being called mexican was always followed with a racist sentence.
And yes, some EO's might be smart enough to realize people are blocking, but others aren't and that's a problem I see a lot in Events and hosts take ages to deal with it as they are interested in hosting the game that is going on.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:19 PM ----------

It's just the same in the Help Desk and moderation works perfectly fine there because there isn't just one person dealing with all of it, but a group of staff. That's what I think should happen in Events.

But that's ridiculous, the help desk is one fixed room 24/7 - events are individual, it would require scheduling with other EO's just so 2 people per week maximum (according to you) can be put on some silly list. The time invested isn't worth it.

The Don
07-10-2012, 10:26 PM
What happens on habbo should stay on habbo and not be brought onto the forum. The same as what happens in one event should remain limited to that event, it would be too hard to moderate every event and makes no sense.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:27 PM
But that's ridiculous, the help desk is one fixed room 24/7 - events are individual, it would require scheduling with other EO's just so 2 people per week maximum (according to you) can be put on some silly list. The time invested isn't worth it.

ABout the events being individual, that's my point, they shouldn't simply be individual as it's ONE department and not just different hosts doing whatever they feel like doing. If someone breaks the rules in one event, there should be consequences in even in the next one depending what the rule broken was. EO's should work as being one.
And ''it should require scheduling with other EO's''? What exactly are you talking about when you say this? The moderation or the list?

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

What happens on habbo should stay on habbo and not be brought onto the forum. The same as what happens in one event should remain limited to that event, it would be too hard to moderate every event and makes no sense.

I'd agree with the first of what you said if Habbox was just a forum. But it isn't. I think that as an official fansite, what happens in Habbo as everything to do with Habbox in general, forum included.
About the Events, like I said it's one department. EO's should work as one. It wouldn't be that hard to moderate every event as it is already what's required. Hosts should moderate their rooms, but not all are able to do so as they are paying extra attention to the game and not looking at the rest of the room.

The Don
07-10-2012, 10:30 PM
ABout the events being individual, that's my point, they shouldn't simply be individual as it's ONE department and not just different hosts doing whatever they feel like doing. If someone breaks the rules in one event, there should be consequences in even in the next one depending what the rule broken was. EO's should work as being one.
And ''it should require scheduling with other EO's''? What exactly are you talking about when you say this? The moderation or the list?

Why should it be carried over to the next event? It would be unfair to ban someone from every event for getting banned from one particular one...

Kardan
07-10-2012, 10:31 PM

I was talking about the moderation.

And the fact of the matter is, the EO's cannot work as one, simply as. If events weren't based on whatever somebody feels like doing, the only events that Habbox would have would be the point based ones (HxSS, B2S). It's impossible to get an online department to work as one, especially one run by teenagers.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:32 PM ----------

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

I'd agree with the first of what you said if Habbox was just a forum. But it isn't. I think that as an official fansite, what happens in Habbo as everything to do with Habbox in general, forum included.
About the Events, like I said it's one department. EO's should work as one. It wouldn't be that hard to moderate every event as it is already what's required. Hosts should moderate their rooms, but not all are able to do so as they are paying extra attention to the game and not looking at the rest of the room.

So if somebody is perm banned on Habbo, they should be perm banned on Habbox? Habbo and Habbox are different things, I think this is the key thing you need to understand really. Habbox doesn't have any say on Habbo really, except for maybe the rare values.

The Don
07-10-2012, 10:33 PM

That's the way it's always worked. It's also impossible to prove someone on habbo is a particular user on habboxforum which is why this will never be possible.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:38 PM
I was talking about the moderation.

And the fact of the matter is, the EO's cannot work as one, simply as. If events weren't based on whatever somebody feels like doing, the only events that Habbox would have would be the point based ones (HxSS, B2S). It's impossible to get an online department to work as one, especially one run by teenagers.

About the moderation, it's not just about ''putting 2 people on the list''. It's about helping the host moderating everything in the room. From people being rude and breaking rules to blocking, Idk.
I don't agree with the second paragraph because I don't think it even makes much sense to be honest. When I said about whatever they felt like doing, I meant like warn one person, kick another for almost the same reasons, for example. I think that EO's would never just host B2S, HxSS because most of all, we need 2 events per week done.
The Help Desk works as one, in my point of view. One staff will know when a member is being warned or put on the ban list. It works just fine and it's run by teenagers. Don't underestimate people just because they seem young.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Yes it works for the Help Desk but it will not work for the Events. They are completely different.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:42 PM
So if somebody is perm banned on Habbo, they should be perm banned on Habbox? Habbo and Habbox are different things, I think this is the key thing you need to understand really. Habbox doesn't have any say on Habbo really, except for maybe the rare values.

Also, I never said this. You can be banned in Habbo by something that has nothing to do with Habbox, obviously. But if something happens in the Habbo rooms that are official from Habbox, then it matters. I'm not saying Habbox has or doesn't have a say on Habbo. I'm saying that Habbox, being a community, but any other Habbo player as well, has a say on what happens in their rooms. The difference between rooms that are just from users is that only him has a say in it. But Official Habbox rooms in Habbo should matter to everyone that uses Habbo and Habbox, so they do have a say in that.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:43 PM ----------

That's the way it's always worked. It's also impossible to prove someone on habbo is a particular user on habboxforum which is why this will never be possible.

What's the problem about not being able to prove someone on Habbo is a particular user on HxF? You don't need their HxF username to ban them from a room or to put them in a Ban List. All you need is their Habbo username.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 11:44 PM ----------

Yes it works for the Help Desk but it will not work for the Events. They are completely different.

That's why I think they shouldn't be that different as in the basics, they are a department composed by staff that work for Habbox and should work together.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Also, I never said this. You can be banned in Habbo by something that has nothing to do with Habbox, obviously. But if something happens in the Habbo rooms that are official from Habbox, then it matters. I'm not saying Habbox has or doesn't have a say on Habbo. I'm saying that Habbox, being a community, but any other Habbo player as well, has a say on what happens in their rooms. The difference between rooms that are just from users is that only him has a say in it. But Official Habbox rooms in Habbo should matter to everyone that uses Habbo and Habbox, so they do have a say in that.

In every Habbox room you seem to be expecting the same rules, same moderation across all of them. That is simply not going to happen. I know it isn't used much but Jin owns the Habbox Offices and he even said himself that if moderation is needed it should never be to the level of the HxHD. This whole thread has only been made because one user said something to you in an event - That does not mean it is an issue that is happening all the time with other users. I've said this before and I will say it again: I do not believe this is not happening in 90% of the Habbox events that take place.

sex
07-10-2012, 10:46 PM
sorry but i doubt me or any other events staff wants to sit through games each week doing nothing else but moderating the chat in the room. i signed up to host events not to be a moderator

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:50 PM
sorry but i doubt me or any other events staff wants to sit through games each week doing nothing else but moderating the chat in the room. i signed up to host events not to be a moderator

Help Desk staff signs up to help people, not to host SNQ. But they are also asked to do so.
And there are many EO's that go to events rooms just to sit there and do nothing really. I don't see what would the problem be about paying just a little bit more attention to what also other users say and try to get a better moderation of the room.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Also, I never said this.

I think that as an official fansite, what happens in Habbo has everything to do with Habbox in general, forum included.

You can be banned in Habbo by something that has nothing to do with Habbox, obviously. But if something happens in the Habbo rooms that are official from Habbox, then it matters.

(Surely this just backs up what I said...)

I'm not saying Habbox has or doesn't have a say on Habbo. I'm saying that Habbox, being a community, but any other Habbo player as well, has a say on what happens in their rooms. The difference between rooms that are just from users is that only him has a say in it. But Official Habbox rooms in Habbo should matter to everyone that uses Habbo and Habbox, so they do have a say in that.

Basically:
Events =/= Help Desk
Habbo =/= Habbox

LiquidLuck.
In every Habbox room you seem to be expecting the same rules, same moderation across all of them. That is simply not going to happen. I know it isn't used much but Jin owns the Habbox Offices and he even said himself that if moderation is needed it should never be to the level of the HxHD. This whole thread has only been made because one user said something to you in an event - That does not mean it is an issue that is happening all the time with other users. I've said this before and I will say it again: I do not believe this is not happening in 90% of the Habbox events that take place.

Habbox Offices? No idea what that is. And it's not in just one Event, that's my problem. And also the fact that nothing is done about it as hosts are too busy hosting.

MissAlice
Wow what a thread!

I sympathize; everyone should be able to play the game happily and without interference.

Firstly as a member of staff if you are having issues with a particular member of the forum, then the best place to discuss it would be with management in private. They can’t really do much about what occurs on the client, but they can at least understand how frustrated you are and try to support you.

I don’t play Habbo anymore, but surely the report feature still exists? Any form of bullying, racism or harassment I would imagine are against what was and probably still is ‘The Habbo Way’ or whatever it is now called.

My advice to you is to use the report facility, and record each and every time you need to use it. Then when you have gathered enough evidence, write an email with the list of dates and times of each report, state how you feel, and ask a member of Sulake to investigate.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Help Desk staff signs up to help people, not to host SNQ. But they are also asked to do so.
And there are many EO's that go to events rooms just to sit there and do nothing really. I don't see what would the problem be about paying just a little bit more attention to what also other users say and try to get a better moderation of the room.

Now you're saying that EO's aren't allowed to go to events whilst off duty, since you will expect them to moderate chat. There are moderators on Habbo for a reason. They should have the same right as everyone else to just chill in a room if they want too.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Basically:
Events =/= Help Desk
Habbo =/= Habbox

If you didn't understand even if it was pretty obvious, when I meant ''what happens in Habbo has everything to do with Habbox in general, forum included'' I meant what happens in Habbox rooms, as I think it was implied.

Events should require more moderation as it's a smaller bit of the Help Desk and the community, but also important since it's also events that help Habbox being as big as it is.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 11:00 PM
If you didn't understand even if it was pretty obvious, when I meant ''what happens in Habbo has everything to do with Habbox in general, forum included'' I meant what happens in Habbox rooms, as I think it was implied.

Events should require more moderation as it's a smaller bit of the Help Desk and the community, but also important since it's also events that help Habbox being as big as it is.

So if Help Desk Staff can manage to room ban somebody from the room without some sort of 'Help Desk Moderator' role, why do Events Staff need a 'Event Moderator' role to be able to do the same thing?

At the end of the day, everyone has pretty much agreed that such events are usually one off and not only is it not needed that events have moderation but it would be pretty ridiculous for it to be organised and carried out.

Inseriousity.
07-10-2012, 11:01 PM
MissAlice is right, there isn't much that management are able to do on the client. People are going to be harsh and cruel wherever you go and definitely more so on Habbo than on the forum because they're aware that management have no power... but you do. Kardan is also right, the ignore feature is possibly the best feature on Habbo to deal with these people. It's clear that you're a very defensive person so if someone is attacking you, you need to respond but half the time, the best thing to do is not respond because most of the time they can just make you dig a hole that you can't get out of. They can't fire the trigger if you don't give them the bullets. Sure you won't be able to see what they're saying but it'd just be like people talking about you behind your back. Inevitable but at least you don't need to hear about it. Alternatively, use the report feature on Habbo as moderators actually do have powers.

As for moderators in events, not entirely sure why people are getting so uptight bout the idea itself, it's been done in other departments (productions springs to mind). However, I believe that the idea that this is merely a small minority of events (as a few people are saying) is right. Creating rules and systems for things that are not a widespread problem tends to have little effect or make things worse.

sex
07-10-2012, 11:02 PM

events isn't a "smaller bit of the help desk" what are you on :s there is a perfect warning system already in place if people are rude in events. DO YOU NOT REALIZE THIS. if a host see's someone who is rude they will give them a warning, its simple as that. Like how you where rude in my event too me and did nothing but moan so i banned you :)

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow what a thread!

I sympathize; everyone should be able to play the game happily and without interference.

Firstly as a member of staff if you are having issues with a particular member of the forum, then the best place to discuss it would be with management in private. They can’t really do much about what occurs on the client, but they can at least understand how frustrated you are and try to support you.

I don’t play Habbo anymore, but surely the report feature still exists? Any form of bullying, racism or harassment I would imagine are against what was and probably still is ‘The Habbo Way’ or whatever it is now called.

My advice to you is to use the report facility, and record each and every time you need to use it. Then when you have gathered enough evidence, write an email with the list of dates and times of each report, state how you feel, and ask a member of Sulake to investigate.

I've tried to discuss it with management and had no concrete answer that's why I came up with this thread as I was told I should by management actually. They obviously agree with how things are and aren't doing anything to work through it so as I imagine, this will just keep going on and as Staff that wants to keep my job I really can't do anything because I can't be rude to members (even if members can be rude to me; sounds fair -.-).

The report feature is now handled by other Habbo players called Helpers and not only they take about 10mins to just look at it, but they also don't quite understand the notion of being racist. As I said before, I think that's because they are UK and Us members or just native English countries so they don't look at racism the same way that someone that isn't (like me), does. Also yes, it's still called the Habbo Way.

Also I've reported it over and over and nothing seems to happen. I have screenies of the racist and rudeness every single time. There are like 6/7 screenies. How do I ask a member of Sulake to investigate? In the customer support?

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 12:07 AM ----------

So if Help Desk Staff can manage to room ban somebody from the room without some sort of 'Help Desk Moderator' role, why do Events Staff need a 'Event Moderator' role to be able to do the same thing?

At the end of the day, everyone has pretty much agreed that such events are usually one off and not only is it not needed that events have moderation but it would be pretty ridiculous for it to be organised and carried out.

I feel like I've answered this a million times. Owners are too busy hosting to actually noticing what is going on in the room. Some might say they aren't and smart owners can do both, but others can't and this happens in A LOT of events.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Events Management told you to make a feedback thread? Then can simply suggest it for themselves in the department.

sex
07-10-2012, 11:08 PM
being called a Mexican isn't racist. if you think it is then maybe you're the racist one for thinking that being called Mexican is so bad, when its just a nationally?

Kardan
07-10-2012, 11:09 PM
I've tried to discuss it with management and had no concrete answer that's why I came up with this thread as I was told I should by management actually. They obviously agree with how things are and aren't doing anything to work through it so as I imagine, this will just keep going on and as Staff that wants to keep my job I really can't do anything because I can't be rude to members (even if members can be rude to me; sounds fair -.-).

The report feature is now handled by other Habbo players called Helpers and not only they take about 10mins to just look at it, but they also don't quite understand the notion of being racist. As I said before, I think that's because they are UK and Us members or just native English countries so they don't look at racism the same way that someone that isn't (like me), does. Also yes, it's still called the Habbo Way.

Also I've reported it over and over and nothing seems to happen. I have screenies of the racist and rudeness every single time. There are like 6/7 screenies. How do I ask a member of Sulake to investigate? In the customer support?

I feel like I've answered this a million times. Owners are too busy hosting to actually noticing what is going on in the room. Some might say they aren't and smart owners can do both, but others can't and this happens in A LOT of events.

If event organisers can't read chat and roll a die/place a chair at the same time, then they shouldn't even be in the events department.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:13 PM
MissAlice is right, there isn't much that management are able to do on the client. People are going to be harsh and cruel wherever you go and definitely more so on Habbo than on the forum because they're aware that management have no power... but you do. Kardan is also right, the ignore feature is possibly the best feature on Habbo to deal with these people. It's clear that you're a very defensive person so if someone is attacking you, you need to respond but half the time, the best thing to do is not respond because most of the time they can just make you dig a hole that you can't get out of. They can't fire the trigger if you don't give them the bullets. Sure you won't be able to see what they're saying but it'd just be like people talking about you behind your back. Inevitable but at least you don't need to hear about it. Alternatively, use the report feature on Habbo as moderators actually do have powers.

As for moderators in events, not entirely sure why people are getting so uptight bout the idea itself, it's been done in other departments (productions springs to mind). However, I believe that the idea that this is merely a small minority of events (as a few people are saying) is right. Creating rules and systems for things that are not a widespread problem tends to have little effect or make things worse.

I think the creation of the ignore button was one of the most idiot things created in Habbo, to be honest. It's like in school, when we're little, and if there was an argument or someone was insulting you, grown ups would just say ''oh, just ignore them, it's not worth it'' and some people still say it. I think that's a really stupid thing to say. You should listen to them attacking you and just keep quiet? I swear I never understood that and if someone actually does it, Idk how they are able to do it because I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I didn't defend myself.

Most days things are quiet in the Help Desk and the need of Banning people is also really small. Although, it exists. People banned from certain events might also just be a few, but I think it'd be good to exist that possibility.

MissAlice

Yes the customer support, ensure you have records, dates and times. Then let them investigate.

I still think your situation should not of been raised in feedback, as you have drawn attention to yourself, and this could of been dealt with privately. But, whats done is done.

It is your choice, to either ignore or collect evidence.

xxMATTGxx

I've tried to discuss it with management and had no concrete answer that's why I came up with this thread as I was told I should by management actually.

Can you tell me when they told you to do that and was it by Events Management and how did you contact them?

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:15 PM
events isn't a "smaller bit of the help desk" what are you on :s there is a perfect warning system already in place if people are rude in events. DO YOU NOT REALIZE THIS. if a host see's someone who is rude they will give them a warning, its simple as that. Like how you where rude in my event too me and did nothing but moan so i banned you :)

LOL really? You've kick me of one of your events with NO warnings! How can you say this now? Also you were also really rude to me. Another thing, I don't see how an EO could be banned from an event. No staff is banned from the Help Desk. -.-

Like said before, most hosts don't look what conversations/arguments going on in the queu. They are too busy.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 11:15 PM
LOL really? You've kick me of one of your events with NO warnings! How can you say this now? Also you were also really rude to me. Another thing, I don't see how an EO could be banned from an event. No staff is banned from the Help Desk. -.-

Like said before, most hosts don't look what conversations/arguments going on in the queu. They are too busy.

Since he's Habbox Staff then it would be best to send a complaint to Events Management and the Staff AGM instead of bringing it up in a public feedback thread.

Kardan
07-10-2012, 11:16 PM
I think the creation of the ignore button was one of the most idiot things created in Habbo, to be honest. It's like in school, when we're little, and if there was an argument or someone was insulting you, grown ups would just say ''oh, just ignore them, it's not worth it'' and some people still say it. I think that's a really stupid thing to say. You should listen to them attacking you and just keep quiet? I swear I never understood that and if someone actually does it, Idk how they are able to do it because I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I didn't defend myself.

Most days things are quiet in the Help Desk and the need of Banning people is also really small. Although, it exists. People banned from certain events might also just be a few, but I think it'd be good to exist that possibility.

It is much better to ignore people. In real life, I get verbal abuse quite often, daily in some cases, just because I'm ginger and I always ignore them, as I was taught when I was a child. What use would me arguing back at them achieve? It's about being the bigger, better and more mature person.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Events Management told you to make a feedback thread? Then can simply suggest it for themselves in the department.

Not Events Management.

Inseriousity.
07-10-2012, 11:17 PM

No I did. :)
Didn't say whether she'd get the answer she wanted to hear though :P

PS. The idea that we don't "get" racism simply because we're from the UK/english-speaking is absurd. I actually agree with you that "dirty Mexican" is a racist term if the implication is that as a mexican you are dirty, inferior. However, we also have to recognise the limitations of our power and understand that the Habbo report tool is there to deal with things like that in a way that Habbox just can't. And yes it's easier to deal with staff because there is a power there we can and will use. When someone gets staff they get a few advantages members don't but they also get a few disadvantages that normal members don't. It's just the way things work. Benefits and costs but clearly the benefits outweigh the costs or we'd have no staff :P

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:18 PM
being called a Mexican isn't racist. if you think it is then maybe you're the racist one for thinking that being called Mexican is so bad, when its just a nationally?

Do you only read bits of comments? Did I ever said being called a Mexican was racist? What comes with that word is racist. Read everything next time..

sex

Because no staff are generally rude in the help desk, (well at least no stupid enough to do it often). You were rude in my event and didn't stop moaning so i banned you.. simple lol

xxMATTGxx
Not Events Management.

Well that doesn't make sense then.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:19 PM
If event organisers can't read chat and roll a die/place a chair at the same time, then they shouldn't even be in the events department.

Well that's not for me to decide so I can't do anything about it.

Inseriousity.
07-10-2012, 11:20 PM

The difference between real life and Habbo is that ignoring them doesn't mean you can't still hear them (and therefore still have an effect) whereas online you can ignore and it won't have any effect at all.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 11:20 PM

PS. The idea that we don't "get" racism simply because we're from the UK/english-speaking is absurd. I actually agree with you that "dirty Mexican" is a racist term if the implication is that as a mexican you are dirty, inferior. However, we also have to recognise the limitations of our power and understand that the Habbo report tool is there to deal with things like that in a way that Habbox just can't. And yes it's easier to deal with staff because there is a power there we can and will use. When someone gets staff they get a few advantages members don't but they also get a few disadvantages that normal members don't. It's just the way things work. Benefits and costs but clearly the benefits outweigh the costs or we'd have no staff :P

I see.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Yes the customer support, ensure you have records, dates and times. Then let them investigate.

I still think your situation should not of been raised in feedback, as you have drawn attention to yourself, and this could of been dealt with privately. But, whats done is done.

Well this thread didn't start as a target to anyone but as a collective problem that comes up in some events. That's why I brought it up.
Then false accusations of me targeting someone actually made it true so.. yeah.
I'll let Sulake investigate.

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 12:22 AM ----------

Can you tell me when they told you to do that and was it by Events Management and how did you contact them?

It wasn't by Events Management. I was in the HD and asked HD Management first if Habbox would have anything to do with something that happened in Habbo(x) events etc etc, then talked to GM and the idea of a feedback thread about events came up so that's why.

sex
07-10-2012, 11:23 PM

Just letting you know but Customer support won't take screenshots as proof and they probably won't do anything 99% of the time unless you actually reported the user and have the time date etc noted down so they can check if anything was done or logs saved. Then they will most likely tell her that it was dealt with in game moderation lol.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Since he's Habbox Staff then it would be best to send a complaint to Events Management and the Staff AGM instead of bringing it up in a public feedback thread.

He did bring it up actually so not my fault tbh.

xxMATTGxx
07-10-2012, 11:24 PM
He did bring it up actually so not my fault tbh.

Does it really matter who started it? Complaints are complaints. Feedback is feedback.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:25 PM
It is much better to ignore people. In real life, I get verbal abuse quite often, daily in some cases, just because I'm ginger and I always ignore them, as I was taught when I was a child. What use would me arguing back at them achieve? It's about being the bigger, better and more mature person.

In my point of view, sucking up insults isn't something that makes you bigger, better nor more mature. But a person too scared to stand up to them. That's why I made this thread to see if anything could be done about it.

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 12:31 AM ----------

From my years in Habbo, and I'm not saying this about EVERYONE I've met in the game, I find a lot of people that actually don't quite get racism. First of all because this is the English Hotel so they think they are the only ones that have the right to use it and for example, I should go to the .com.br one. (Even if that's like 5% Portuguese, 95% Brazilian people that I don't understand because language can be really different). Also, racism about religion is someone found every week in Habbo. Mostly about Asian religions since they believe about it so much and others don't. And yes, most of these people are from the US/UK..
The religion problem isn't something that is hold against me, but the fact that I'm Portuguese (And yes, not MExican), is.
I love being Staff at Habbox, but if this means members can just insult me like this, I think if I knew, I'd have thought twice.

MissAlice
07-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Well this thread didn't start as a target to anyone but as a collective problem that comes up in some events. That's why I brought it up.
Then false accusations of me targeting someone actually made it true so.. yeah.
I'll let Sulake investigate.

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 12:22 AM ----------

It wasn't by Events Management. I was in the HD and asked HD Management first if Habbox would have anything to do with something that happened in Habbo(x) events etc etc, then talked to GM and the idea of a feedback thread about events came up so that's why.

It's your decision, but here is a small story of mine.

When I played I had one particular Habbo who for months gave me a very hard time, was extremely rude to me, and even used the whisper mode to say some very offensive remarks to me. He often used clones to just verbally attack me. Nine times out of ten others would report him. Whilst I chose to ignore. Some months later I was sat in a private room and they entered, I wasn’t going to leave the room and stayed very strong. After some time, the weirdest thing happened, and they suddenly started talking to me, and I spoke back and we seemed to get on. From then onwards I never had a problem with them. Sometimes we just need to talk.

LiquidLuck.
07-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Just letting you know but Customer support won't take screenshots as proof and they probably won't do anything 99% of the time unless you actually reported the user and have the time date etc noted down so they can check if anything was done or logs saved. Then they will most likely tell her that it was dealt with in game moderation lol.

I'll still give it a try anyway. Screenies can be checked by chat log and yes, I do have the time and date, thank you.

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 12:35 AM ----------

It's your decision, but here is a small story of mine.

When I played I had one particular Habbo who for months gave me a very hard time, was extremely rude to me, and even used the whisper mode to say some very offensive remarks to me. He often used clones to just verbally attack me. Nine times out of ten others would report him. Whilst I chose to ignore. Some months later I was sat in a private room and they entered, I wasn’t going to leave the room and stayed very strong. After some time, the weirdest thing happened, and they suddenly started talking to me, and I spoke back and we seemed to get on. From then onwards I never had a problem with them. Sometimes we just need to talk.

I didn't have a problem with anyone and I don't remember doing anything for her to have a problem with me. I remember the first time she started to insult me in an event, I had absolutely NO IDEA who she was. But then of course you have the leader and the sheeps and sheeps are people that just dislike one person because one of their friends does as well instead of trying to get their own opinion about that person.
I do believe talking is the best way to stop disagreeing, but in this case talking isn't an option as everything the other part is willing to do is insulting me everything I enter the room.

MissAlice
07-10-2012, 11:40 PM

Screenshots were never proof, but logs will show how each report was dealt with, and by recording each reports date and time, it makes it so much easier for Sulake to investigate.

I do hope the problem can be resolved more amicably. (yn)

If they are reading this thread, I hope they can see how disturbing their actions are.

wixard
08-10-2012, 10:22 AM
im reading it, she shouldn't flatter herself as i rarely ever say anything to her at all, *REMOVED*

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude to others, thanks!

Andii
08-10-2012, 10:41 AM
im reading it, she shouldn't flatter herself as i rarely ever say anything to her at all, *REMOVED*

lmao tara :)

and actually i found event hosts to be quite good at kicking people who are rude or bullying so i dont really see what this thread is about?????

Andii
08-10-2012, 05:41 PM
awwww poor person who made this thread gave me -rep

clearly i do since i have been on habbox wayyyyy longer than you and have been to wayyyy more events and have seen alot more than you have. So dont give out -rep because someone doesnt agree with you. Shows how pathetic you are. and i stick by what i said

NO ONE BULLYS IN EVENTS. IF THEY DO EVENT OWNERS DO !!!! sort them out. so give over and quit moaning about nothing

Kardan
08-10-2012, 05:43 PM
awwww poor person who made this thread gave me

clearly i do since i have been on habbox wayyyyy longer than you and have been to wayyyy more events and have seen alot more than you have. So dont give out -rep because someone doesnt agree with you. Shows how pathetic you are. and i stick by what i said

NO ONE BULLYS IN EVENTS. IF THEY DO EVENT OWNERS DO !!!! sort them out. so give over and quit moaning about nothing

I would tell you that posting rep comments is against the rules, but I won't do that, because thats against the rules in itself ;)

You should report the -rep if you don't agree with it, although I'm not entirely sure what the requirements are for that, last thing I heard, every -rep got removed...

Andii
08-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I would tell you that posting rep comments is against the rules, but I won't do that, because thats against the rules in itself ;)

You should report the -rep if you don't agree with it, although I'm not entirely sure what the requirements are for that, last thing I heard, every -rep got removed...

lol awkward :) hehe thanks for NOT doing a moderation job :)

and lol i dont see the point in reporting it im not that sad haha :)

this thread is pretty pointless however and i feel it should be closed. Clearly from what ive read it invovles the user being racist themselves saying about how UK people do not know what it means. Also it targets a certain member which is against rules as i found out myself by doing it once. And the "topic" is just silly itself. Doesn't make any sense at all. but then i clearly have no idea whats going on apparently.

Samantha
08-10-2012, 05:52 PM

Yeah a lot of rep does get removed for no reason.

Andii; I agree with you, usually it's either event staff or owners being rude and no one else (I admit being rude previously whilst in my event on one occasion) but we got on with it, didn't dwell on it.

Kardan
08-10-2012, 05:53 PM
lol awkward :) hehe thanks for NOT doing a moderation job :)

and lol i dont see the point in reporting it im not that sad haha :)

this thread is pretty pointless however and i feel it should be closed. Clearly from what ive read it invovles the user being racist themselves saying about how UK people do not know what it means. Also it targets a certain member which is against rules as i found out myself by doing it once. And the "topic" is just silly itself. Doesn't make any sense at all. but then i clearly have no idea whats going on apparently.

I'll +rep you to cancel it out then :)

Glen Coco
08-10-2012, 06:04 PM
*Removed*

Edited by Jordan (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not accuse others of scamming

dbgtz
08-10-2012, 06:29 PM

Or perhaps you were making a mountain out of a molehill.

Glen Coco
08-10-2012, 06:34 PM
In my point of view, sucking up insults isn't something that makes you bigger, better nor more mature. But a person too scared to stand up to them. That's why I made this thread to see if anything could be done about it.

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 12:31 AM ----------

From my years in Habbo, and I'm not saying this about EVERYONE I've met in the game, I find a lot of people that actually don't quite get racism. First of all because this is the English Hotel so they think they are the only ones that have the right to use it and for example, I should go to the .com.br one. (Even if that's like 5% Portuguese, 95% Brazilian people that I don't understand because language can be really different). Also, racism about religion is someone found every week in Habbo. Mostly about Asian religions since they believe about it so much and others don't. And yes, most of these people are from the US/UK..
The religion problem isn't something that is hold against me, but the fact that I'm Portuguese (And yes, not MExican), is.
I love being Staff at Habbox, but if this means members can just insult me like this, I think if I knew, I'd have thought twice.

how do english people not understand racism?
surely you're being racist by saying that?

why do people who are different to the majority use it to scream discrimination.
jesus christ.

MKR&*42
08-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Saying that someone is better suited off on the habbo.com.br hotel because they speak Portugese isn't racism, it's reasonable logic... If someone tries to force you off the game because you are Portugese, yes that's racism.

Jordan
08-10-2012, 06:47 PM
You started going on about the mexican quote yet this happened on the forum so I don't see how you can use that and apply it to the Habbox Events. How events are run at the moment are completely fine and if one user is causing a problem to you, you should just contact someone higher up. This thread isn't needed.

Glen Coco
08-10-2012, 06:50 PM
can someone say what comment she's crying about please?

sex
08-10-2012, 07:25 PM
can someone say what comment she's crying about please?

someone called her mexican and she thinks being called that is racist....

MKR&*42
08-10-2012, 07:28 PM

Lol.

That's only racist if you think that being Mexican is something absolutely horrid = you being racist yourself :/.What happened to logic.

Glen Coco
08-10-2012, 07:29 PM

oh is she mexican?
is that what this whole thread is about!?
that's pathetic. trying to get someone banned from events (all events!) because they called her mexican?
maybe if @liquidluck. grew up a bit and didnt stop crying wolf than people wouldn't be 'mean' to her. (if mean, being racist and 'bullying' is calling someone by their ethnicity now adays)

Samantha
08-10-2012, 07:35 PM
oh is she mexican?
that's pathetic. trying to get someone banned from events (all events!) because they called her mexican?
maybe if @liquidluck. grew up a bit and didnt stop crying wolf than people wouldn't be 'mean' to her. (if mean, being racist and 'bullying' is calling someone by their ethnicity now adays)

She's Portugese I believe.

I think this threads gone way beyond what it was meant to be about in the first place.

Glen Coco
08-10-2012, 07:36 PM
She's Portugese I believe.

I think this threads gone way beyond what it was meant to be about in the first place.

stop being racist please, you're offending me :/

Sharon
08-10-2012, 07:43 PM
lol someone called me chinese be right back whilst i cry over this racist attack

in all seriousness though, it looks like this thread is aimed specifically at one person - you should try solving these problems in private :P

Empired
08-10-2012, 07:54 PM
oh is she mexican?
maybe if LiquidLuck. grew up a bit and didnt stop crying wolf than people wouldn't be 'mean' to her. (if mean, being racist and 'bullying' is calling someone by their ethnicity now adays)
I believe the comment was "dirty mexican, your opinion isn't worth anything" or something similar.

This thread has clearly gotten way out of hand.
LiquidLuck.; You keep complaining that people are telling you the same thing over and over. Has it not entered your mind that they may all be saying it because it's right?
And no, ignoring rude/offensive behaviour is not weak, it really is growing up. If you ignore them, they will eventually just get bored and find something better to do. Shouting against shouting does not make peace.

You seem to have taken this far too seriously now? I think I need to remind you that Habbo is just a game! If somebody's upsetting you, leave the room or log off for a bit. Responding will do nothing but fuel their fire. If things are getting out of hand, the only thing to do is to use the report tool as others have said. Habbo moderators, regardless of what people are saying, are actually fairly competent and do their jobs pretty well. If they don't see it as a big issue, there is nothing to be done but ignore the person.

I should just point out that there is nothing that Habbox can do. We are really just a bunch of teenagers (some a little bit older ;) ) who have come here to chat. Do you know the rule about how you can't give out rep for something that happened on Habbo? I think the same sort of applies to this situation: Habbox can't really deal with things that are done on Habbo.

In a perfect world, two events organisers in every room would be fantastic, but this is never going to happen. Management have spoken! ;) And even so, I would not want to waste an hour of my time doing nothing but kicking blockers or trolls and I shouldn't think anyone else wants to either.

I know that I've just said a lot of things that you don't want to hear, but a lot of people have said these things before me.. so there must be some truth behind what we're saying :P You are complaining about a person being rude to you, but I must say you have been fairly rude to countless people in this thread!
So sorry, but all I can suggest you do is man up and move on.

SorryDude
08-10-2012, 08:12 PM
So I was wondering about how some people act in Habbo rooms that are an official part of Habbox like the HelpDesk or Events.

In the Help Desk, staff usually pays attention to rude people, bullies or people that are breaking the rules. But in Events though, the owner usually just cares about the game that is going on and doesn't do anything else.

So what I was thinking about was if the Habbox community couldn't have some power about what is going on in the official Habbox rooms in Habbo and lets say if someone is rude in Events, they should get banned from Official EVents for a while as well. Of course screenies would be needed and everything, but maybe bad behavior on Habbo could also have consequences in Habbox, since it's still part of the community.

Also if someone is extremely rude and racist on the forum but their post was also pointless, I don't think the only Moderator reason for warning them should be the second one, and it should be even more than just a warning..

As Samanfa said, Cloning on Habbo, could easily make another account to play the events. If Habbox decides to carry this out, it will not be as effective because they won't be forcing to prove Habbox identity to play the events, It would be a big mistake. Regardless, this would just be to do something with not much effect. (No I did not read 14 pages of posts, just read the first 2 posts)

Andii
08-10-2012, 08:41 PM
lol someone called me chinese be right back whilst i cry over this racist attack

in all seriousness though, it looks like this thread is aimed specifically at one person - you should try solving these problems in private :P

I get called Irish when I'm northern Irish :( how racist of people to say that. This thread needs closed ASAP. It's a pointless thread which has been said by loads of people. Why don't mods close it???

xxMATTGxx
08-10-2012, 08:48 PM
It's obvious that the whole suggestion isn't going to be added because it isn't an issue that happens in 90% of Habbox events. Also the thread seems to have derailed in a way and most of it should have be dealt with via other means instead of publicly talking about it in feedback. So thread closed!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!