PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP! (family problem)

ReInfected
31-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Okay heres the story....My brother is lazy and a liar. He doesnt wanna get a job and he lyes to my dad everytime (so much to the point he doesnt even trust him no longer.) and 2 Days Ago, My bro and I went to a Dollar Store to apply for a job..But he just walked around for atleast 30 seconds and said this is going to be boring and left. Now when my dad asked him if he applyed he said he applyed but i told my dad he didn't and now my brother wants ME to lie to my dad by saying he did apply but I dont wanna lie because i never wanna loose trust in my father but i wanna help my brother but id rather stick with my father. Today he just called me and asked me on the phone "Matt, Did your brother apply for the job at the Dollar Store?" and i said No and he also asked "Did your brother tell you to lie to me?" and i said yes and he asked why didnt you and i said because i didnt want to lie to you... He replyed and said Ok well Your brother is right in front of me..And then he said bye and then the conversation ended.....Umm What do i do????????? I mean That phone call was odd but what should i do??

xJoeYx
31-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Nothing, you did the right thing, you didnt lie. You should leave it and see what happens. You have obviously gained alot of your dads trust and respect, however lost some from your brother. But when it comes round to it, your honesty must be put towards your parents. If your brother is lazy and a liar, then maybe your Dad will see fit what to do with him, and perhaps he may change.

ReInfected
31-08-2005, 04:26 PM
My brother came home and said thank you for telling dad the truth and now he wants to help out aroung the house doing chores! :) I hope he will change!

xJoeYx
31-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Aha, So he confessed to his Dad, and you supported what he said, worked out all ways then. Well its good and hopefully he will continue to change. Next step, he needs to get a job, unless hes just doing chores so he doesnt have to work?

Eamonn
31-08-2005, 04:33 PM
you did the right thing ! why should you lie for your brothers mistakes ! honestys the best policy it wont do you him or your dad any good it will just stop you dad doing the right thing and trying to make him get a job ! you did the right thing mate +rep

Clinky
31-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Not being rude or anything but ure bro needs a good hiding or a good shout at, put him back in line. Theres nothing worse than sitting around watching t.v all day while eating pizzas and gettin fat, being lazy.

ReInfected
31-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Aha, So he confessed to his Dad, and you supported what he said, worked out all ways then. Well its good and hopefully he will continue to change. Next step, he needs to get a job, unless hes just doing chores so he doesnt have to work?
hes 18...Lol he needs a job and trust me. He CANNOT get fat. He can eat ice cream everyday and not gain 1 pound. Lucky fellar.

YellowParasol
31-08-2005, 05:13 PM
If you would of Lied.. then you would of been in the Wrong but you didn't so that is Good :p

-Soph-
31-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I agree with everyone, you did do the right thing :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!